8 minutes ago, Boudicca said:

Go out and push it over and beat the driver to death,

A red snow warning?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's very rural. Couldn't prove a thing. He'd easily get away with it and absolutely used to snow so I think he should do it. We'll provide alibis if needed.

That sort of thing would drive me to murder too...

• Haha 1

Anyone else looking out their window wondering when this disruptive snow is actually going to arrive? Weeks of anticipation for less snow than a normal cold snap and worse snow at that cos as soon as it settles it just fucking blows away.

It's been lying here since Tuesday/Wed night. Spectator sport this week has been watching the guy across the road get his car out of a pile of snow, then go indoors, only for more snow to fall on top of it.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, msc said:

It's been lying here since Tuesday/Wed night. Spectator sport this week has been watching the guy across the road get his car out of a pile of snow, then go indoors, only for more snow to fall on top of it.

Don't people do that to stop too much accumulating and collapsing the roof or in case it gets swept along in a drift?

There's obviously a good reason for it as I've seen Canadians do it in a blizzard timelapse! :P

Question. A BMW has been abandoned outside my place for now 3 days. Is this long enough for me to be morally/ethically allowed to get a couple of mates to strip it for parts. Dilemma.

• Haha 3

He's trying to get his car out of the drive way again.

He gave up again. Three days of this so far.

10 minutes ago, msc said:

He gave up again. Three days of this so far.

Set up a camera and stream it on periscope/YouTube?

• Haha 3

I have to laugh at given the fact I was aware of and prepared for the great snowstorms of 2018 I am living in one of the areas least affected by it, despite loving snow. This makes 2013 and 2018 as two major snow events that I've been in one of the least affected areas for. I'd consider moving to Norway but at this rate they'll have a heatwave while I'm out there...

He got his car out this morning btw.

• Like 2

It's a bit weird here.  The snow has largely disappeared from the open fields, but in other places it's still deep.  A good 12 inches (30.48 cm) where the dog  is, and much more in the drifts.

P1050532.thumb.JPG.4b15325609aa952d2d54fa02385f7416.JPG

• Like 3

Very unlikely to happen but one of this mornings model run had Ireland under a blizzard that would affect them on the 11th March, it would also probably cause heavy snowfall on the west coast of the UK; round 2?

Why put a bra on yer dug toastie?

Well dug <gettit?> my way to main road yesterday, 50-60 yards of above wellie height snow. 2 hours toil.

Tractor with plough just did loop road I'm on, 10 seconds to do same distance..

At least it meant I got to restock with booze food last night, though road not officially open, car width path through higher than car drifts.

And so today.... Awoke to pipes froze, must be outside somewhere, yet its nowhere near as cold as it was around a month ago. And door wouldn't open.

Its a one door house, and no way of getting out windows on ground floor.

No tools really bar a couple of screwdrivers but I found a crowbar in the cupboard where the boiler is :) , hour or so later and I'm FREEEE .

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, charon said:

Well dug <gettit?> my way to main road yesterday, 50-60 yards of above wellie height snow. 2 hours toil.

Tractor with plough just did loop road I'm on, 10 seconds to do same distance..

At least it meant I got to restock with booze food last night, though road not officially open, car width path through higher than car drifts.

And so today.... Awoke to pipes froze, must be outside somewhere, yet its nowhere near as cold as it was around a month ago. And door wouldn't open.

Its a one door house, and no way of getting out windows on ground floor.

No tools really bar a couple of screwdrivers but I found a crowbar in the cupboard where the boiler is :) , hour or so later and I'm FREEEE .

Glad to year got out, and a thaw should be under way proper later this week (although the drifts will last for a month or two)

Regards the frozen pipe throw some warm water over the condensate pipe (not boiling, cracks it). 

54 minutes ago, charon said:

<misses point>

dug, n

a. The pap or udder of female mammalia; also the teat or nipple; usually in reference to suckling. As applied to a woman's breast, now contemptuous. (OED)

• Haha 1

Pipe thawed itself by evening...

IMG_20180301_070156.thumb.jpg.000b80d0842b99174eec6add8555f376.jpg

^^ was what I had to dig out.

• Haha 1

On 04/03/2018 at 11:15, charon said:

Fucking great pickaxe in the corner too. Or would that be considered excessive force even for you? 

Anyway, glad you're safe and free and at work in the snow  mind the deer coming home

Pickaxe?

No that's the rod for turning water on/off outside.

• Like 1

Icicle trees were mentioned in another thread.  Here is mine from 2013.

P1030171.thumb.JPG.83ed65c3b17534d30f33dd287eee7769.JPGP1030165.thumb.JPG.7357085c01310b43e40f9f80a103f930.JPG

• Like 1

Yours are pretty good. Please do.

Ugh...the fact that we are mid-march now and another nor'easter is about to hit our area in Canada/USA...ugh...i am sick of Winter atm...I really think of moving to Aussie land..it is really just Hot Canada...so i would be fine haha.