Well, what do I know? They've closed the bloody schools.

Deathray 1-0 msc

• Like 2

It even snowed in Plymouth and we never get snow normally. Giving us blizzards tomorrow.

watch the City grind to a complete halt as a result! 

2B47A206-6CEF-440D-A2F8-BE395368926D.jpeg

• Like 1

Loads of snow in the village last night. Put my boots on and trudged through it down to the local pub only to find it locked up. Not one person about. No sign of the landlord or any signs of any living being nearby. Then I remembered. It closed eight years ago for economic reasons. Nothing to do with the snow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, philheybrookbay said:

It even snowed in Plymouth and we never get snow normally. Giving us blizzards tomorrow.

watch the City grind to a complete halt as a result! 

2B47A206-6CEF-440D-A2F8-BE395368926D.jpeg

Flintstones in Plymouth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it's bloody cold here.  I wish somebody had warned me.

• Haha 3

"Dad! Dad! Let's go outside!"

"No, not now, ask your mum."

"She said to ask you!"

"Not now..."

(Wean does the Mrs Doyle impression ending with: "I'll give you some crisps!"

"Give me a second. Hang on... what crisps?"

(Wean puts on innocent face)
"The crisps you're going to buy when we go out in the snow!"

:lol:

Snow's about one foot and a bit outside, which is still the most I can recall since 2010 at least.

7 minutes ago, msc said:

"Dad! Dad! Let's go outside!"

"No, not now, ask your mum."

"She said to ask you!"

"Not now..."

(Wean does the Mrs Doyle impression ending with: "I'll give you some crisps!"

"Give me a second. Hang on... what crisps?"

(Wean puts on innocent face)
"The crisps you're going to buy when we go out in the snow!"

:lol:

Snow's about one foot and a bit outside, which is still the most I can recall since 2010 at least.

Bet you're  are glad it's outside this time.

Still only have a half inch (12.5 mm) covering. Most I've ever experienced down here is 7-8 foot (work the metrics out yourselves) snow drifts. Not nice. Village cut off for around 4 days, two without electricity. Thank goodness for a calor gas hob and a half used bottle of gas. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Still only have a half inch (12.5 mm) covering. Most I've ever experienced down here is 7-8 foot (work the metrics out yourselves) snow drifts. Not nice. Village cut off for around 4 days, two without electricity. Thank goodness for a calor gas hob and a half used bottle of gas. 

That does sound awful. (213-243cm btw) There's a fine line between winter wonderland and winter nightmare with snow. 

We had a fair amount of snow yesterday evening/overnight, but mostly gone now, some remaining in shady locations to catch the unwary.

Majority of schools open and public transport almost normal.

No more snow forecast for today, though there is for tomorrow and Friday, before we return to more a more seasonal norm, i.e. rain.

Just noticed y'all have a coloured 'weather alert warning' system ala Tom Ridge.  Interesting.

Anyway, Scotland -- RED alert -- be safe!  Stay indoors.
SC

Yeah, ok, it is actually nuts out there. Most snow I can recall in my lifetime, and it sounds like the schools are off tomorrow and even Friday. Even if it's not snowageddon, it's clearly more than your normal, so well done Deathray for pointing it out.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Yeah, ok, it is actually nuts out there. Most snow I can recall in my lifetime, and it sounds like the schools are off tomorrow and even Friday. Even if it's now snowageddon, it's clearly more than your normal, so well done Deathray for pointing it out.

Yup, you guys and north east England seem to be bearing the brunt of the snow today, and no chance of a let up anytime soon - met office have you under a red warning until 10am tomorrow; mainly as the wind will blow your snow around like crazy. Seen a few pics from up there and it looks worse than 2010 in places.

Tomorrow morning attention turns to the south west; Wales and Ireland; with potentially quite heavy snow in those areas - and a lot of uncertainty regarding the track of that low pressure system - and accompanying snow - and potential freezing rain on the back edge in the south. (If you get pissed off at snow damaging our ability to function as a nation you definitely don't want freezing rain!). 

It's really on and off here.  Sun came out, I rugged up myself and the dog and went out and it instantly turned into a blizzard again.

Dog ventured down a long narrow gap full of low bushes and trees, well fenced in both sides with sheep wire as it divides two small fields.  Came back without his coat.  I could see the bright splash of pink (I know) right at the end.  The joys of terrier ownership.  :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Yup, you guys and north east England seem to be bearing the brunt of the snow today, and no chance of a let up anytime soon - met office have you under a red warning until 10am tomorrow; mainly as the wind will blow your snow around like crazy. Seen a few pics from up there and it looks worse than 2010 in places.

Aye, the wind was ridiculous. Never seen anything like it. 2010 was colder, but the snow was in one place. Blizzard-esque out there earlier.

^^ there was an ice rink too that shut.

Well, still don't think its 'that' bad, tho yesterday I took a boat 3/4 of a mile to shore, and missed the intended point.... By 3/4 of a mile or more :D , couldn't see shit. Working outside for 8 hours in whiteout with no shelter, thought it wasn't too bad actually.

Up early to clear the car today tho and didn't bother. No point in digging it out and clearing the 50 yards to the main road, as the lazy bastarding gritter hasn't been out. Main road under a foot of snow and above wellies most places.

Yet radio whining about its only really the central belt affected.

I've got to take a days holiday because the cuntos need sleep apparently .

• Sad 1

Absolute fucking blizzard conditions here, thankfully not expected to last long as it's just showers which will be killed as that low pressure moves north - although risk of more later.

Snow being lifted off the ground a whirled around the sky by the wind like sand in the desert (something I've never seen until this cold spell) steam rising from at as it compacts, visibility less than fifty metres, main road being covered as soon as it's cleared by cars driving over it. Absolutely bonkers. It's not laying much down as it's being blown all over the place to the sides of trees, walls, garden fences, pavements and cars. Supposedly that low pressure system could make it this far north after these showers as well, interesting day or two ahead. 

And how often have you seen sand in the desert ???

• Like 1

Well we’re on the edge of this Red Alert but nothing special just yet. Forecasters saying we’ll get around 15cm by the end of the day in the City- cue power cuts etc etc.

Freezing rain being reported on the south coast in weather forums. Rare in the UK and the chief among disruptive weather types available here. 

On 28 February 2018 at 11:36, Paul Bearer said:

Lots of drifting now.  The main road is blocked a couple of miles up the road. Guess the village will be cut off again soon. 

Feel your pain Paul.

Car was snow up to the bonnet this time yesterday, and continually either snowing / wind blowing more of the hills since. Lots of deep ridges, like sand in the desert.

Council tried a convoy system behind a gritter mid morning yesterday ( convoy was one lorry ), but tried it only once and gave up so main road effectively shut since Wednesday night.

This was a couple of miles down the road, looking North yesterday. Worse now I'd think.

28336622_10213663648178865_4295352367950

Not much food/coal/wood but if any cunto has a drone available..... Its a dry house at the moment so couple of boxes of red be appreciated.

Its not even cold ffs.

Eta the same spot at the time the gritter was trying to get the lorry through. I've had one of that companies lorries parked in a layby 100 yards away since Wednesday night. Cunt keeps turning the engine over, thoughtless prick.

28378642_1770412812979752_53541585775609

• Sad 2

Go out and push it over and beat the driver to death, what's stopping you? This isn't like you at all :unsure:

• Haha 6