Rude Kid

Slobodan Milosevic

Guest iain

your right.its not as serioous as i first t hought

The pause would allow him time to recover from the strain of defending himself against charges of genocide, war crimes, and crimes against humanity during the break-up of the former Yugoslavia during the 1990s.

Don't we feel sorry for him? The stress must be unbearable...

I visited the trial in The Hague once, when I participated in a college course on genocide (I study contemporain history), and Milosevic seemed to be nodding and dozing during the entire afternoon-session. I can't see how that would cause him the amount of strain that would lead to heart-failure, really.

It might be the continuous fear of dropping the soap under the shower, though. The guy has been in prison for over four years now, mind.

Mods, please merge this thread with the existing, "Slobodan Milosevic, Former Yugoslav President", thread right here.

[Done -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Guest Snowie Cottone

I am so ecstatic to see that this wonderful man is listed here.

There was a CNN article recentely about how this trial is entering like it's fourth or fifth year.

If they take this long with Sadaam, the trial itself is going to be his death sentence. :party:

How about some Old West justice for Slobo and Saddam? Ask if they've got something to say and then hang them.

How about some Old West justice for Slobo and Saddam? Ask if they've got something to say and then hang them.

If only that could happen.

I'm sure old Slobbo's trial has paid off the mortgage on many a lawyers house, no wonder it has dragged on for years.

The difference between Saddam and Milosevic (sp?) is where their trials are being held. A Dutch court is probably a far less dangerous venue than an Iraqi one simply because the Dutch aren't as keen about frequent large explosions. Milosevic's can drag on because he isn't in the care of the people whom he persecuted. My feeling is that Saddam will probably be assinated about midyear if his trial starts to drag on. It seems like everyone associated with it winds up dying violently, so it reasons that an assination is probably how his trial will end.

Here's hoping that the old addage of crying wolf comes true... although really I don't have any stake in Deadpools or anything like that, but I feel it would be a bit of an understatement to say he isn't the nicest man on the planet... :P

Milosevic found dead in his cell

Mr Milosevic's health had delayed his trial

Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic has died in jail at The Hague.

Steven Kay, Mr Milosevic's lawyer, told BBC News 24 that he had been found dead in his cell on Saturday morning.

Mr Milosevic, 64, has been on trial at the UN war crimes tribunal for genocide and other war crimes.

The tribunal last month rejected a request by Mr Milosevic to go to Russia for medical treatment. He had high blood pressure and a heart condition.

Mr Milosevic faced charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity for his alleged central role in the wars in Bosnia, Croatia and Kosovo during the 1990s.

He also faced genocide charges over the 1992-95 Bosnia war, in which 200,000 people died.

Mr Milosevic was in office for 13 years until 2000.

[Merged threads - ff]

Edited by football_fan

Or maybe he was actually as ill as he continually claimed to be...biggest death this year so far, comfortably. Can't imagine many will shed a tear, though... :crossbone:

Or maybe he was actually as ill as he continually claimed to be...biggest death this year so far, comfortably. Can't imagine many will shed a tear, though... :o

Yes it says he died of natural causes in the news articles, maybe i just like to specualte :rolleyes:

There must be some foul play. That's two of them died within a week.

Just need to find Radovan Karadzic now, if not for his war crimes then at least for his heinous crimes against hair styling.

If the word Bouffant didn't already exist, it'd have been invented especially for him..

I imagine the Institute of Trichology have been trying to bring him to justice for years. :o

Erm, can't work out how to post pics, but there's some beauties here.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=...l=1&sa=N&tab=wi

radovan_karadzic,0.jpg

It's good to know that even in a war situation he was able to get hold of a good quality diffuser!

(Pic added for you - RK)

Erm, can't work out how to post pics

This thread explains how to post pics, hope it helps.

Voila!

images10iz.jpg

Thanks LG, I wonder if the hair is still as magnificent today? Maybe those protecting him from justice have insisted on him brylcreeming it.

And thanks to RK for editing my previous post with the exact pic I was trying to post, only even bigger!

When I read the news of Mr Milisovic's demise my first reaction was a deeply felt "Yes!", even though he wasn't on any of my lists. The best war criminals are dead war criminals.

I suppose the judges in the tribunal will be disappointed, after all that work.

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

I bet it was disappointing, although it's the next best option if he can't be made to face justice.

We'll have to make do with him meeting his maker I guess; I hope for his sake he's got his summer clothes on because it's about to get very warm for him.

When I read the news of Mr Milisovic's demise my first reaction was a deeply felt "Yes!", even though he wasn't on any of my lists. The best war criminals are dead war criminals.

regards,

Hein

Having him as unique pick on Hartlepool should put my team in a strong position.

.....so can I go shopping now, Hein? :o

Guest Mili Sefic

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with this, but Milosevic wrote a book which was supposed to come out in April of this year. In it he stated facts about the Balkan war and Europe's and US' role in creating ethnic tensions which caused the war and the butchering of Jugoslavia.

Gee, I wonder how all of a sudden he's no more......

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with this, but Milosevic wrote a book which was supposed to come out in April of this year. In it he stated facts about the Balkan war and Europe's and US' role in creating ethnic tensions which caused the war and the butchering of Jugoslavia.

Ah right, it's the fault of Europe and the US as usual. Not the massive ethnic tensions that have always existed in the area then?

Not that I'm trying to say we're blameless with regards to creating or inflaming conflict, but I don't think anyone needed our assistance on this occasion.

Is the book still around, or has that disappeared with his death? Would be interesting to see what these facts are.

Guest Mili Sefic

Ah right, it's the fault of Europe and the US as usual. Not the massive ethnic tensions that have always existed in the area then?

Not that I'm trying to say we're blameless with regards to creating or inflaming conflict, but I don't think anyone needed our assistance on this occasion.

Is the book still around, or has that disappeared with his death? Would be interesting to see what these facts are.

Absolutely, not the complete fault of the US and Europe, of course people like Milosevic, Tudjman and others had to buy the garbage that the west sold them in order to perform the atrocities they did. Ethnic tensions always exist in all parts of the world. The US especiall has a tendency to use it to create chaos which they can economicaly, militarilly and politicaly gain from. Which today turns out to be true in the case of the balkans.

Regardless, the history of the west speaks for itself as it has blood on its hands from almost every war, genocide, murder, etc. that have occured in the last years.

as stated in my first post, the book was scheduled to come out in April, not sure now what'll happen to it. I hope it'll still come out.

I'll try to do some research on it and post info.

Having him as unique pick on Hartlepool should put my team in a strong position.

Well done!

.....so can I go shopping now, Hein? :o

Would this be the first DLEngagement? :rolleyes:

regards,

Hein