weasel

Star Wars Deaths

I've been worried about the lack of major Dr Who and pro-wrestling (well, bar Chyna) deaths this year. Calm before a storm.

Take care; worrying isn't good for you.

Someone pointed out on another forum that Leia's mother, Padme, died from a broken heart. Now Carrie's mother, Debbie, has died of a broken heart.

• Like 1

Ive never watched Star Wars and I never fucking want to.

So there.

• Like 1

So there.

wow round of appulase for lfn. Come on everyone so him that we give a shit.

So there.

Im guessing the piss poor spelling and construction was because you still had one hand on your tiny cock, right?

• Like 1

So there.

Im guessing the piss poor spelling and construction was because you still had one hand on your tiny cock, right?
Someone is butthurt.

So there.

Yes, yes I did.

So there.

Someone is butthurt.
It's you obviously for saying that.

So there.

Someone is butthurt.
It's you obviously for saying that.

What are the chances of finding you and Deathsperm in the same room at the same time........... :sherlock:

Someone is butthurt.

"Butthurt" What sort of stupid word is that.

• Like 1

Someone is butthurt.

Used by Kids and the 'trendy' apparently...........

Someone is butthurt.

Tag teaming and editing my words. Not brave enough for a proper argument it seems.

Someone is butthurt.

Tag teaming and editing my words. Not brave enough for a proper argument it seems.

I haven't edited your words. Merely selected the sentence on which I commented.

Someone is butthurt.

I haven't edited your words. Merely selected the sentence on which I commented.

I was talking to LFN.

Someone is butthurt.

Ive got absolutely no interest in arguing with you at all, you are of no fucking interest to me whatsoever.

You bait people but are not intelligent enough to follow it through, so grow the fuck up and stop doing it.

I avoid interacting with you on here and id appreciate it if you did likewise with me.

Is that clear enough for you you utter fucking helmet?

Someone is butthurt.

Ive got absolutely no interest in arguing with you at all, you are of no fucking interest to me whatsoever.

You bait people but are not intelligent enough to follow it through, so grow the fuck up and stop doing it.

I avoid interacting with you on here and id appreciate it if you did likewise with me.

Is that clear enough for you you utter fucking helmet?

I win, you lose, game over.

So there.

They are, ultimately, just florified toy commercials... Anyone who believes in all the crap about them being based on Joseph Campbell's "hero's journey" is just falling for Hollywood marketing bs.
  • Like 1

So there.

You haven't missed much. All the lines that people/fans quote from the movie, are basically the reasonably good bits.

So there.

You haven't missed much. All the lines that people/fans quote from the movie, are basically the reasonably good bits.

I saw the very first one (in a cinema!) and it was ..... OK I suppose. I vaguely enjoyed it at the time, but it did not stick in my memory.

I never had the desire to see any of the sequels and it all seems faintly ridiculous now.

The most interesting part of the first one is then ending. Lucas based the medal ceremony scene directly on Leni Riefenstahl's Nazi propaganda films, especially the one about the 1936 Olympics. It was intended to hint that the rebels were turning in to the Empire they were trying to overthrow.

Of course, when the film became a hit and Lucas started to churn out the sequels, he dropped any hint of that kind of ideology and they just became a glorification of militarism. Also, instead of parodying bad cinema of the 1930s like the various serials, the sequels took themselves seriously as some kind of profound SF epic and it was all downhill from there... :(

If you want to watch SF about a group trying to overthrow an evil Empire, stick to Blake's 7 instead, rubbish special effects and all. At least Chris Boucher can actually write, unlike Mr Lucas.

TBH, I am more interested in the upcoming film of the French SF comic Valerian than any more SW sequels. I don't expect it to be much either though. It is going to be the most expensive French film ever so they will have to dumb it down to appeal to a mass global audience, too.

No doubt Star Wars 8 will be one of the biggest films of all time though due to the "Heath Ledger effect" of Carrie carking it.

• Like 1

The most interesting part of the first one is then ending. Lucas based the medal ceremony scene directly on Leni Riefenstahl's Nazi propaganda films, especially the one about the 1936 Olympics. It was intended to hint that the rebels were turning in to the Empire they were trying to overthrow.

Of course, when the film became a hit and Lucas started to churn out the sequels, he dropped any hint of that kind of ideology and they just became a glorification of militarism. Also, instead of parodying bad cinema of the 1930s like the various serials, the sequels took themselves seriously as some kind of profound SF epic and it was all downhill from there... :(

If you want to watch SF about a group trying to overthrow an evil Empire, stick to Blake's 7 instead, rubbish special effects and all. At least Chris Boucher can actually write, unlike Mr Lucas.

TBH, I am more interested in the upcoming film of the French SF comic Valerian than any more SW sequels. I don't expect it to be much either though. It is going to be the most expensive French film ever so they will have to dumb it down to appeal to a mass global audience, too.

No doubt Star Wars 8 will be one of the biggest films of all time though due to the "Heath Ledger effect" of Carrie carking it.

That was never the point of stars wars. So elements were inspired by Nazi's but that was never the point the point of the series. The flims are just meant to entertain not parody old Nazi flims. You come across as one of those snooty cinema snobs that watchs pretendious foreign flims and thinks that makes you superior to others.

That was never the point of stars wars. So elements were inspired by Nazi's but that was never the point the point of the series. The flims are just meant to entertain not parody old Nazi flims. You come across as one of those snooty cinema snobs that watchs pretendious foreign flims and thinks that makes you superior to others.

The point of Star Wars films were so nerds could get laid.

• Like 1

Drewe Henley, Red Leader in A New Hope, died back on Valentine's Day. http://www.familynotices24.co.uk/emh/view/4010320/drewe-henley

Also had roles in Z Cars and The Avengers. His former wives include Jacqueline Pearce and Felicity Kendal.

Picked for the DDP, whether an obit is likely now is doubtful.

No longer doubtful - Times Obit: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/obituaries/article4722566.ece

An inquest into the death of Drewe Henley has heard that he choked to death while eating a fish pie. Shame for the DDP team who picked him, as unnatural death points cannot be awarded retrospectively.

http://m.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/star-wars-actor-dies-at-rd-e-after-choking-on-his-lunch/story-30055802-detail/story.html

• Like 2