weasel

Star Wars Deaths

Bowie was a genius to many of my generation and he pushed the boundaries on a regular basis. He has inspired countless musicians over the years. There aren't many who can say that they have been so influential over such a long period.

So, to stir the cauldron, which do you think is the biggest death out of Carrie and Bowie?

Muhammad Ali...

So, to stir the cauldron, which do you think is the biggest death out of Carrie and Bowie?

Muhammad Ali...

Castro in that case. But neither Ali nor Castro's deaths came as shocks. Arguably Carrie Fisher's hasn't either but I think we all hoped she'd pull through, which you don't with old age or Parkinsons.

Being entirely parochial, I liked Alan Rickman best.

RIP Carrie Fisher

There have been so many big deaths over last few days that I must have read 100 tweeted reactions - it just makes you realise how worthless we all are - even the famous and talented are worthy of 20 words about much love to family and that's about it.

What a meaningless microdot we all are in the history of everything.

I hope those closest to the family will pick up the phone or even visit rather than jotting down a quick message as required by the world's media.

Fisher, Adams, Smith, Michael - all different lives. I think it is Adams family who have marked his death by a passage from Watership Doen that is very poignant on the day of his death - but I guess it's easier to plan for when you are very old.

I've never managed to watch any of the Star Wars films all the way through, far too tedious for my taste.

Carrie Fisher seems to have been a typical showbiz brat, mediocre actress and all round general fuck-up.

No great loss to the world.

That's just fucking nasty but true.

• Like 1

Being entirely parochial, I liked Alan Rickman best.

He was one of my favourite actors.

• Like 4

RIP Carrie Fisher

There have been so many big deaths over last few days that I must have read 100 tweeted reactions - it just makes you realise how worthless we all are - even the famous and talented are worthy of 20 words about much love to family and that's about it.

What a meaningless microdot we all are in the history of everything.

I hope those closest to the family will pick up the phone or even visit rather than jotting down a quick message as required by the world's media.

Fisher, Adams, Smith, Michael - all different lives. I think it is Adams family who have marked his death by a passage from Watership Doen that is very poignant on the day of his death - but I guess it's easier to plan for when you are very old.

You speak for your self!

• Like 2

God damn it! There goes another pick for next year. :banghead:

Anyways, RIP.

So yes basically a repeat of Pavel Srnicek last year

It's really sad, but if her heart had stopped for 10-15 minutes before she was revived, what sort of life would she have had if she carried on living past today?

Also if I remember correctly Carrie Fisher saying that her mum lives in her house, I guess the responsibility now falls upon Todd to look after her

Sad that Debbie Reynolds has outlived one of her children.

• Like 1

Another possibility David Prowse pennyless and suffering with dementia

Wouldn't it be ironic if he wandered into the road and was hit by a bus?

• Like 5

Couldn't he just Force-push it away? ;)

Debbie Reynolds has been rushed to hospital suffering a 'medical emergency'.

Potentially the first blow to my DDP. Well....second.

The stress of losing a daughter is too much for an old lady like Debbie. Sad, but not surprising.

I feel sorry for her granddaughter, Billie Lourde, who might lose her mum and a grandma within a week. Hopefully not though.

The stress of losing a daughter is too much for an old lady like Debbie. Sad, but not surprising.

I feel sorry for her granddaughter, Billie Lourde, who might lose her mum and a grandma within a week. Hopefully not though.

Two weeks would be perfect though...

Apparently he doesn`t have dementia he just mentioned his memory wasn`t great anymore in an interview and the rumors snowballed from there.He did also have a low grade prosytate cancer.But he was interviewed in his home recently after Carrie`s death.

Apparently he doesn`t have dementia he just mentioned his memory wasn`t great anymore in an interview and the rumors snowballed from there.He did also have a low grade prosytate cancer.But he was interviewed in his home recently after Carrie`s death.

Ah, that's good to hear. We all start forgetting the odd thing as we get older, but it doesn't mean... er... what did I come in here for?

Hmmm... Science fiction/fantasy mega-deaths so far this year:

Alan Rickman - Harry Potter

Sylvia Anderson - Space: 1999, Thunderbirds

Gareth Thomas - Blake's 7

Anton Yelchin - Star Trek

Carrie Fisher - Star Wars

I'd say Tom Baker had better be careful since Dr Who is due for one next!

I've been worried about the lack of major Dr Who and pro-wrestling (well, bar Chyna) deaths this year. Calm before a storm.