DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Praise be! There is a God after all. Had forgotten the name of my DDP team as well as the team itself but there he was just waiting for his chance to shine. Maybe there'll be a late surge among the Bobbies and the Teddies but I suspect not the Seve who seems to be doing quite well.

• Like 1

Isn't it amazing that Bobby Robson, Ted Kennedy, Bob Novak and Patrick Swayze are all still alive?

Yes, indeed. With the exception thus far of Seve, all the big sickos that I didn't pick this year seem to be gone and almost all the ones I did are still around... definitely need to pick up the slack for 2010...

But well chosen to those teams that did select him.

Isn't it amazing that Bobby Robson, Ted Kennedy, Bob Novak and Patrick Swayze are all still alive?

Not to mention Susan Atkins and Norman Wisdom who we thought would be lucky to see in 2009.

I did get Cundy though...

Not to mention Susan Atkins and Norman Wisdom who we thought would be lucky to see in 2009.

I did get Cundy though...

All the above are on my team, but there's 7 months or so to go, maybe they're just pacing themselves...

Willie Booth obit-worthy Scots man of the cloth.

I'm sorry, but this guy is no nobler than any teacher, or civil servant (who kept his/her head down and ploughed his/her trade until (s)he retired/died). I see no example of him/her re-shaping the church or anything else that would pass as "higher recognition" among the new 9 to 5 clergy......

He had a job for life and did it. Bravo. :ghost3:

Willie Booth obit-worthy Scots man of the cloth.

I'm sorry, but this guy is no nobler than any teacher, or civil servant (who kept his/her head down and ploughed his/her trade until (s)he retired/died). I see no example of him/her re-shaping the church or anything else that would pass as "higher recognition" among the new 9 to 5 clergy......

He had a job for life and did it. Bravo. :ghost3:

A job for life and a Telegraph obit, the latter being of interest to deadpoolers. Take your point entirely but if I knew someone like him was facing a few weeks more of life on New Year's Eve, I'd be adjusting my picks accordingly.

His Holiness Patriarch Antonious, the leader of the Eritrean Orthodox Church was briefly hospitalised last month because of blood pressure and diabetic problems.

He lives under house arrest (it's a long story) and his supporters claim that he has been denied access to the medical attention he needs.

His chances of getting a UK obit are pretty slim, but you never know.

patriarchantonios.jpg

Cardinal Jean Margéot, former bishop of Port-Louis, Mauritius, has died on July 17, aged 93.

Link

Pope Shenouda of Alexandria's health is rumoured to be declining. He has just spent a time in hospital in America again, officially for a "routine check up", but it does seem a bit strange that an ailing octogenarian would be flown accross the Atlantic for such a routine appointment. Shenouda has also fallen victim to a "death prophecy" warning :rolleyes: , but has already passed the expected date of his demise, so that's one less thing for him to worry about.

Four months on, three of the four are dead, with Swayze hanging on...

Patriarch Pavle of Serbia is celebrates his 95th birthday today. Here's a recent photo of him.

patrijah-pavle-vma.jpg

It's amazing that he's still alive, I don't think he's got out of bed since 2006 and he very nearly died in 2007. I can't imagine that His Holiness will maintain his steely grip on life for too much longer.

Patriarch Pavle of Serbia is celebrates his 95th birthday today. Here's a recent photo of him.

patrijah-pavle-vma.jpg

It's amazing that he's still alive, I don't think he's got out of bed since 2006 and he very nearly died in 2007. I can't imagine that His Holiness will maintain his steely grip on life for too much longer.

Dead.

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein
Link changed to BBC news page -- MH

patrijah-pavle-vma.jpg

Dead.

regards,

Hein

And I took him off my DDP list at the last moment :old:

Guest VAR

patrijah-pavle-vma.jpg

Dead.

regards,

Hein

Having a weak health since childhood he lived through all major disasters of 20th century and was leading a Serbian Orthodox Church during hardest period of his country's history. I would agree he had a very strong will to live and he's the example to all of us how to deal with a troubles of this world.

There are only several Orthodox leaders of older generations who are still with us. For example, Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria (b. 1914) and Mitropolite Vladimir of Kiev (b.1935). But unfortunately their health condition (esp. Mtr Vladimir) is poor and it's unclear who will succeed them in this period of challenges for their Churches...

Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria, 95, looking resplendent in his bling last weekend:

photo_verybig_110242.jpg

He looks fairly healthy, but I wonder if he is actually alive at all. He looks a bit like a great big puppet, so heavy that two men are required to control him. :devil2:

Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria, 95, looking resplendent in his bling last weekend:

photo_verybig_110242.jpg

He looks fairly healthy, but I wonder if he is actually alive at all. He looks a bit like a great big puppet, so heavy that two men are required to control him. :devil2:

Isn't that Paul Whitehouse???

Patriarch Pavle - Seriously ill head of the Serbian Orthodox Church, turns 95 this year, now back to being too ill to lead after recovering after almost dying in hospital last year.

Patriarch Pavle died on the 15th of November 2009. His name should be removed from the list as well.

Edited by Magere Hein
Post moved -- MH

The Pope is dead.

Rebel priest Lucian Pulvermacher, who started his own Catholic church and became Pope Pius XIII, has died at the age of 91.

He has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but what about the Pope's pal, Roger Etchegaray, the French Cardinal who fell and broke his hip when Joe was attacked. He was supposed to be in frail health before the fall and subsequent surgery. He turns 88 next year (God willing).... :rolleyes:

• Like 1