DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, is having treatment for advanced prostate cancer...

Rev Andrew Greeley, 80, priest and best selling novelist, is critically ill after fracturing his skull. He got his clothes stuck in a taxi door he was exiting, it drove off before he could free himself.

Father Greeley recovered from his tangle with a taxi and survived for another four years, before expiring this morning.

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
Forgot to quote original post...

Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, is having treatment for advanced prostate cancer...

Whilst adding Dr Sentamu to my long list I quickly decided to check if anyone had picked the two previous incumbants of the post who are still alive and noone had. They are David Hope (b. 1940) and John Hapgood (b.1927). They vill also go on zi list.

Hope is ill, Habgood isn't. I found the latter out AFTER picking him on the DDP grr

This year? Even taking into account my dyslexia the first entry under H is Margherita Hack. I will correct my list though eagle eyed one!

Hope is ill, Habgood isn't. I found the latter out AFTER picking him on the DDP grr

This year? Even taking into account my dyslexia the first entry under H is Margherita Hack. I will correct my list though eagle eyed one!

Hear sorry am to very that I

Hear sorry am to very that I

Said Susan Hampshire

Last year.

So obviously David Hope wasn't ill enough to be admitted to your elite ninja force of proto-corpses

Bishop Kiril of Varna, who stood in as interim Bulgarian Orthodox leader following the death of Patriarch Maxim last year, has become possibly the first cleric on this thread to die by drowning.

Bishop Kiril of Varna, who stood in as interim Bulgarian Orthodox leader following the death of Patriarch Maxim last year, has become possibly the first cleric on this thread to die by drowning.

Baptism gone awry?

No-one mentioned Rasputin, then?

Now I'm hanging out with DDT at joint 9. I thought Suvaddhana would reach his 100th birthday but thought somehow he would last a little longer than this. Now I'm pondering which spiritual prophet will be next. I know now that on the front page all of DDT's original suggestions have accended to another plane so I'm wondering if you had a few spoilers to present for next year. Can history repeat itself? Why not fool us with a few that won't happen but could happen.

95? pah.

at 96 however , self appointed high priestess of Isis, Olivia Robertson

vaugly mind her being on c4 eons ago.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/high-priestess-of-carlow-based-fellowship-of-isis-cult-dies-aged-96-1.1596800

Guest Guest

if we're on a run of 90 something religious leaders dying maybe the great one himself will finally shuffle off this mortal coil soon,although he did look pretty good at  his 95th  birthday bash a week ago.I'm sure you know who I'm referring to

Ken Hutcherson, former NFL linebacker and outspoken anti gay pastor, has been suffering from prostate cancer for the last six years. In an email to followers, he has asked them to pray for him and told them he is about to start chemotherapy. Prostate cancer isn't usually treated with chemotherapy unless the condition is very advanced, or if it has spread to the bones.

Hutch hushed.

• Like 1