DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Am I right in thinking that when the Church of England finally get round to selecting a new Archbishop of Canterbury then Rowan Williams and George Carey will have to duel to the death as it is only permitted for there to be one former archbishop?

• Like 1

I think the Coptic church's method is better.

What is the Coptic church's method? A free-for-all fight of the candidates, maybe?

regards,

Hein

I think the Coptic church's method is better.

What is the Coptic church's method? A free-for-all fight of the candidates, maybe?

regards,

Hein

They get a kid to pick a name from a hat.

No jokes...

• Like 2

Archbishop of Chicago, Cardinal Francis George, urges the faithful to oppose the gay marriage bill that will be coming before the Illinois State Legislature soon. Don't you have better things to do, Francis? As in... Dying.

Archbishop of Chicago, Cardinal Francis George, urges the faithful to oppose the gay marriage bill that will be coming before the Illinois State Legislature soon. Don't you have better things to do, Francis? As in... Dying.

Perhaps he will if the bill passes, it'd be too horrifying a world for him to live in :P

Guest Guest

why do those priest people always speak out against gay marriage and stuff.everyone knows half of them are gay themselves anyway.who do they think they're kidding?!

why do those priest people always speak out against gay marriage and stuff.everyone knows half of them are gay themselves anyway.who do they think they're kidding?!

I think it's called denial

I think it's called denial

That's a river in Africa, innit?

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Here is some information from a spreadsheet I possess that contains information on most of the current Cardinal electors (those cardinals under 80 years of age who would be eligible to vote in a Papal election, were Ratzinger to drop dead tomorrow. Once they turn 80, they can't vote :old: .)

I list their age, name and nationality. Underneath is a brief sentence or two about the more notable ones, including any known health concerns (the spreadsheet was originally created for betting on the name of the next Pope-it contains a more detailed profile of each one :pop: ).

Very mixed bag of people - some great human rights activists, reformers, etc but some very dubious characters as well. Many, many of the older cardinals had links to Pinochet, the Argentine War and so on but fortunately, they are more than 80 years of age now, so were removed from this list. Lots of shady types still on here, though.

Just for the record, though not a Catholic, I would like to see Daneels (a famous Belgian!) or Husar as next Pope. Of course, as compassionate reformers, they don't stand any real chance... :(

Here they are (hope formatting isn't too screwed up). Should be some interesting candidates to pick over amongst this lot:

1929 Jozef Glemp Polish

Anti-semite. Slave labour camp worker in WW2.

Dead.

Guest Guest

Maybe we are in a run of senior Polish leaders deaths.Cardinal Josef Glemp is dead at 83. is Jaruzelski next? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/21174854

Edited by Magere Hein
Post moved from topic "General Jaruzelski"

The very last of the Beguines died in Belgium at the age of 92.

Father Ian Weatherall, the last British missionary in India, and described as one of the last links to the Raj has died aged 91.

Not "THE" grand ayatollah, "A" grand ayatollah. There are many of them.

• Like 1