themaninblack

Thatcher's First Ministry

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Nicholas Edwards, Baron Crickhowell, died on 17 March. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40582767

In retrospect, more of us should have taken more notice of that "he has advanced cancer but I'm talking him into alternative treatments" blog bit from his daughter.

Carrington is doing a good job of outliving most of the others on the initial list. Doubt he'll live past Heseltine though, he's still looking like he could make a comeback!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Carrington is doing a good job of outliving most of the others on the initial list. Doubt he'll live past Heseltine though, he's still looking like he could make a comeback!

I think Lord Carrington is the oldest tory cabinet minister ever. The only 3 I know of who lived longer are all labour- Ted Short, Hartley Shawcross and Manny Shinwell .Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! 

I know this is technically about her first cabinet but  I thought since there are so few left now we might include later ones such as John Moore, ex health secretary and transport secretary from 1986-89 who died today aged 81. https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/lords/lord-moore-of-lower-marsh/1022

Judging by tonights BBC2 documentary there's quite a few who won't be around much longer. Norman Tebbit in particular is on his last legs. 

• Like 1