Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

How's about Hiroo Onoda, fighting WWII until 1974, and one of the last Japanese troops to surrender?

I have him in my DDP team, so he's probably perfectly safe for a while yet.

American war hero Jack Lucas, 80, is gravely ill with cancer. He was only 17 when he was awarded the Medal of Honor, America's highest military decoration.

American war hero Jack Lucas, 80, is gravely ill with cancer. He was only 17 when he was awarded the Medal of Honor, America's highest military decoration.

DEAD....you aren't losing your touch DDP

The classic rock band Yes has canceled its 40th anniversary tour following frontman Jon Anderson's severe asthma attack last month. The 63-year-old singer, who's since been diagnosed with acute respiratory failure, was ordered by doctors last weekend to rest for at least six months "or suffer further health complications," it was announced Wednesday in a statement released by representatives for the band and Live Nation, which was presenting the tour.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/0...ref=mpstoryview

Low hanging fruit....blah blah......DDP possible......blah blah.........ranter fire magnet.....blah blah.......in the spirit of the great Jane Tomlinson herself.

Emma Moulding.

A buy low candidate, Mary?

Always remember that it's not "what they are doing" it's "what they will do".

The best of scouting is always seen at a distance.

They still have to be picked, Banshees me old mucker, they still have to be picked.

Americans and irony eh? Ah well, we can but try.

Former Indian Prime Minister V P Singh, 76, who has been mentioned before on DL, is in intensive care suffering from heart and kidney problems and an "internal abdominal haemorrhage". His condition is said to be improving, but one to keep an eye on :rolleyes: .

Does anybody know anything about the health of Lord Carrington?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Caringt...aron_Carrington

(in a Francis Pym type idea)

Yes. I am quite sure I have posted it here a vast number of times, but Lord Carrington lives, retired, a little frail, but in decent health, a very short distance from myself. He's even in the phonebook if you want to ask him yourself - although it's no secret where he lives

He continues to attend local events - the most recent was just last week - May 31st. Occasionally he writes an irate letter to The Bucks Herald.

I have no intention on putting him on any DP list as, unlike Francis Pym, who I knew was seriously ill 5 or 6 years ago, old Carrers seems to be doing decently for his age.***

**Which means he is doomed knowing my previous form.... :rip:

Guest smoochie

hmmmnnn...2009...some of my suggestions followed by what their age will be in 2009. Phyllis Diller (92), Jean Stapleton (86), Frances Bay (91), Ted Kennedy (77), Queen Elizabeth II (83), and Britney Spears (28).

Yes. I am quite sure I have posted it here a vast number of times, but Lord Carrington lives, retired, a little frail, but in decent health, a very short distance from myself. He's even in the phonebook if you want to ask him yourself - although it's no secret where he lives

He continues to attend local events - the most recent was just last week - May 31st. Occasionally he writes an irate letter to The Bucks Herald.

I have no intention on putting him on any DP list as, unlike Francis Pym, who I knew was seriously ill 5 or 6 years ago, old Carrers seems to be doing decently for his age.***

Thanks OOO. Did try a search for "Carrington" from the main page (with no results) but I guess there must be better ways of doing this.

Thanks OOO. Did try a search for "Carrington" from the main page (with no results) but I guess there must be better ways of doing this.

If you use 'more search options' you should get these results http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...lord+carrington, mentioned in 10 different threads so far :) .

If you use 'more search options' you should get these results http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...lord+carrington, mentioned in 10 different threads so far :) .

Thanks LG. You forgot to add "you moron." at the end of your post.

paul gascoigne must be a contender or amy winehouse hopefully

Martin Bashir of Diana interview fame is reportedly battling a brain tumour...

Guest Political Hack

Baron Brennan QC - spotted coughing up blood at a House Of Lords function the other day...

is worth watching. It's going to end messy.

paul gascoigne must be a contender or amy winehouse hopefully

I nominate Amy Winehouse as the candidate most likely to die of OD within a year or so. I'm actually still shocked that she's still alive.

Then again, I actually had Britney Spears on my personal death list in 2008. I seriously thought that she would either kill herself this year or die of an accidental drug overdose (ala Heath Ledger and Anna Nicole Smith). But Britney appears to be on the rebound and her odds of dying are less and less each day (I had her pegged as close as 10:1 at one point that she would die, now it's 75:1).

An article about the health of pancreatic cancer survivor Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, speculating that he might have cancer again. It's all supposition really, Mr Jobs is apparently "too thin" these days.

An article about the health of pancreatic cancer survivor Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, speculating that he might have cancer again. It's all supposition really, Mr Jobs is apparently "too thin" these days.

Looked bad enough for Apple to address it:

In response to a question about his health Tuesday, an Apple spokeswoman said [Apple CEO Steve] Jobs was hit with a 'common bug' in recent weeks but he still felt it was important to participate in the Apple conference. The spokeswoman said he’s now on the mend with the aid of antibiotics," Nick Wingfield blogs for The Wall Street Journal.

"Jobs’s health is occasionally the topic of chatter because he was diagnosed with a rare form of pancreatic cancer four years ago, for which he underwent surgery that Apple said was successful. (Apple didn’t disclose that Jobs had been ill until after he was on the mend.) Mr. Jobs is also widely considered nearly irreplaceable at Apple, where he has been the architect of a dramatic resurgence in the company’s fortunes over the past decade," Wingfield reports. "Fortunately for Apple, no replacement is needed."