Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Fredric J Baur, designer of the Pringles potato crisp packaging tube, has had some of his ashes buried in one!

Link

Bo Diddley just kicked it.

Diddle he?

Good hit Godot.

No mo' Bo.

You guys are on form this year!

Bo Diddley just kicked it.

Diddle he?

Good hit Godot.

Well Miser if we're engaging in some mutual back slapping and general preening I notice you had YSL and Bo on consecutive days. That should you send you soaring up the DDP. Respect.

Hugh Jarrett of the Jordanaires has died in a nursing home at the age of 78

Ex-Politburo member Grigory Romanov, who lost out to Gorbachev for the top job in 1985, has now been defeated by the Grim Reaper.

Will post a link when one appears/I can be arsed.

Here you go, you lucky people.

Edited by TAFKAG

Christopher Morgan, 55, former religious affairs correspondent of the Sunday Times, has killed himself. :unsure:

Mel Ferrer, the film and television (Falcon Crest) actor, director and producer who was probably best known as the former husband of Audrey Hepburn, has died at the age of 90.

Mel Ferrer, an actor and director who was married to Audrey Hepburn, has died at the age of 90. Well, Audrey died in 1993 but with having such an attractive woman for all those years it must have done something for his health.

Alton Kelley, the creator of 'psychedelic rock posters' is dead at the age of 67. I was never much for posters but he covered some big bands.

Mel Ferrer, an actor and director who was married to Audrey Hepburn, has died at the age of 90. Well, Audrey died in 1993 but with having such an attractive woman for all those years it must have done something for his health.

Alton Kelley, the creator of 'psychedelic rock posters' is dead at the age of 67. I was never much for posters but he covered some big bands.

Mel Ferrer was an awesome actor, I will definitely miss him.

I enjoyed his work in several B-movie cult classics like The Visitor, Eaten Alive, and Nightmare City.

Another great B-movie cult actor passes away. Hope Mel and John Phillip Law are kicking arse in Heaven.

Guest TDF

Err Banshee, Hepburn and Ferrer divorced in 1968. His fourth wife, Elizabeth Soukhotine, survives him.

German billionaire Joachim Herz came to an unfortunate end at the weekend after he was struck by a motorboat while out having a swim.

Douglas Greenwood, 72, the first English man to become a matador in Spain (where he was known as "El Ingles"), has died.

Jerry Cole, who played with the Beach Boys, the Byrds and Them, has died aged 68. He was also a member of Phil Spector's "Wrecking Crew" studio collective.

Jonathan Routh of Candid Camera fame, has played his last prank...

Trevor Wilkinson, the founder of performance sports car company TVR, has died at the age of 85.

Jim McKay, a prominent sports announcer, has died at the age of 86.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3430672

He's best known for hosting the popular ABC show "Wide World of Sports" and covering many Olympic events.

McKay is definitely one of the biggest names in sports broadcasting (probably not well known in Britian, but definitely a big timer in the US).

This make SEVEN in a row. Seven celebrities I've heard of have passed away in the span of two weeks (I seriously think that's a personal record of mine.)

It hasn't been the greatest year for broadcasters. It hasn't been the greatest year for masters of the big screen either.

Dino Risi, an Italian director, who was nominated for two oscars for the 1974 film "Scent of a woman" has died in Rome at the age of 91. He was regarded one of the masters of Italian comedy.

He said "I expect some surprises. Life, after all, is not all it's made out to be,"

He's best known for hosting the popular ABC show "Wide World of Sports" and covering many Olympic events.

McKay is definitely one of the biggest names in sports broadcasting (probably not well known in Britian, but definitely a big timer in the US).

This make SEVEN in a row. Seven celebrities I've heard of have passed away in the span of two weeks (I seriously think that's a personal record of mine.)

Very popular here in USA. I thought I could be the first to post something on his death. Thanks BC.

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear of McKay's death. He did a lot of motor racing coverage, and whilst he was a true all-rounder (Brits think of a cross between Barry Davies & David Vine, I guess), he was extremely competent with his motor racing efforts. :rip:

One death to add to the list, Reg Flewin, who captained Portsmouth to their last 1st division (ie Premiership now) title, and who won international honours with England, and also managed Bournemouth & Stockport, has died after years of poor health. Fittingly, the last football game he ever watched was Portsmouth's win in the FA Cup Final in May. Flewin was a member of the youth team at Fratton Park when they won for the first time, in 1939.

I had considered if Flewin's role in their title win would earn a suitable obit. It might perhaps yet, in say the Independent, but surprisingly (I say that considering an obscure Oxford midfielder got a BBC obit & Flewin didn't) nothing has appeared yet. Gone are the days when ex-England internationals got an automatic obit...

Bobby Anderson, who played (and whose performance helps make the film) the young George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life has died of cancer.

He appeared in many other movies as a youngster & then went on to go on the other side of the camera, but it's for IAWL he'll be best remembered.

wl_027.jpg (on right, hopefully obviously...)

Very popular here in USA. I thought I could be the first to post something on his death. Thanks BC.

He's all gone.

Haven't got a proper link as yet but actor Bruce Purchase, probably best known as the shouty Pirate Captain in the Doctor Who serial The Pirate Planet, has died aged 69.

Haven't got a proper link as yet but actor Bruce Purchase, probably best known as the shouty Pirate Captain in the Doctor Who serial The Pirate Planet, has died aged 69.

Here's one: Link

Two local journalists working for the BBC, Afghan Abdul Samad Rohani and Somalian Nasteh Dahir, have been assassinated in their respective, extremely dangerous, countries.