maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Annette O'Malley, the wife of former Los Angeles Dodgers owner Peter O'Malley, has died. She was 81. O'Malley was also the daughter-in-law of Walter O'Malley, who'd owned the team before his son took over in 1979, when the elder O'Malley died.

https://apnews.com/article/annette-omalley-dies-dodgers-2a948107f3b6505d4b1661e60be7861a

• Like 1

On 20/07/2023 at 09:34, Bibliogryphon said:

Remember - every brother has the potential to turn into a creepy uncle - pictorial evidence

Speak for yourself! :lol:

Italian Vitorrio Prodi, former European MP (2004-2014) and brother of former Prime Minister Romano Prodi, has died aged 86.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2021 at 13:38, TheSpinosaurus said:

Dolly Parton's husband Carl Dean is someone to watch. From this rare public appearance from him it looks he is not in great shape at all, he also required an assistant to aid him with errands.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7849443/Dolly-Partons-reclusive-husband-five-decades-Carl-Dean-seen-time-40-YEARS.html

Dolly and Carl are very much in love and I can potentially see a Barbara Bush/George Bush situation happening here, one dies and the other dies a few months later indirectly from broken heart syndrome or whatever its called. Dolly is in extremely good health but you can never say after you become a widow.

Lot of rumors going around that Carl Dean's been in poor health for a while now. I've been seeing several sources he has Alzheimer's Disease and heart disease, but nothing concrete that confirms this.

Keep in mind two things here. One, Carl is an extremely reclusive person and has almost never been seen in public. Two, Dolly Parton is fiercely protective of Carl's health and privacy and fully respects his wishes to stay completely out of the spotlight. 

It's pretty safe to say that if we ever get any news on him, it will be about his death.

• Like 2

Bryan Randall, partner of Sandra Bullock, dead at 57, ALS.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

On 07/08/2023 at 22:41, time said:

Bryan Randall, partner of Sandra Bullock, dead at 57, ALS.

Trash paper writes about a split between Sandra Bullock and her partner:

https://metro.co.uk/2023/08/11/sandra-bullocks-split-reported-by-magazine-after-partners-death-19318030/

I mean, technically they're right, it really is over!

(channelling MPFC here...)

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

On 06/08/2023 at 12:24, TheSpinosaurus said:

Lot of rumors going around that Carl Dean's been in poor health for a while now. I've been seeing several sources he has Alzheimer's Disease and heart disease, but nothing concrete that confirms this.

Keep in mind two things here. One, Carl is an extremely reclusive person and has almost never been seen in public. Two, Dolly Parton is fiercely protective of Carl's health and privacy and fully respects his wishes to stay completely out of the spotlight. 

It's pretty safe to say that if we ever get any news on him, it will be about his death.

He seems old in the photo, but fine health wise. The existence of a personal assistant and doesn't mean he is mentally or physically unable, but when you're married to Dolly Parton you have the money to hire people to do whatever you like...

He'll probably be around in another several years, especially if we don't hear anything more concrete.

Jason Cantrell, the husband of New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell, has died. He was 55.

SC

Yoon Ki-jung, father of current South Korean president Yoon Suk-jeol, has died at 92.

The father of Spain’s World Cup winning goal Scorer Olga Carmona has died and she out just after the final. 

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, time said:

Picasso's youngest son (with Francoise Gilot)  Claude Ruiz Picasso reported dead at 76.

He has died 3 months after his mother, and 8 months after his half sister Maya Widmaier Picasso.

Now the last surviving child of Picasso is Paloma, Claude’s sister.

• Sad 1

On 27/06/2022 at 17:51, TheSpinosaurus said:

Current status of the Apollo astronauts from what I know.

Jim Lovell (Apollo 8 and Apollo 13) - No recent updates but I believe he's still doing well

Reports that Marilyn Lovell has died: 

Might hasten a certain astronaut's demise, if true.

• Like 8
  • Sad 5

On 30/08/2023 at 09:45, YoungWillz said:

Marian Lovell's death confirmed by the funeral home. There is no reason for me to doubt its authenticity, as I live nearby.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Might hasten a certain astronaut's demise, if true.

Sad, very decent people. She was played by Kathleen Quinlan in the film, wonder if she will put out a tweet/post. 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2023 at 00:18, polar duck said:

Confirmed by the funeral home. There is no reason for me to doubt its authenticity, as I live nearby.

That makes two Apollo 8 Astronauts outliving their wives. Frank Borman's wife died a couple years ago after a long Alzheimer's disease battle. 

• Like 1