maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Thank God I don't watch that shite any more.

1 minute ago, themaninblack said:

Does anyone know when she actually died?

Monday afternoon according to the source.

3 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

No, that was when she was buried.

5 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Nope, the article was just poorly phrased (fuckin' Mirror). What the author meant was that Carol revealed on Monday afternoon that Jean was dead, not that Jean died Monday afternoon.

Considering that was the day of her funeral, it's unlikely she died that day.

7 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

Does anyone know when she actually died?

When Tracy McGiffin died all the obits said that she died "over the weekend". Unless you found the real date of death elsewhere, I'm assuming you went with Saturday, January 21st on the DDP as a rough estimate.

So, basically, I think it's fine if you just go with June 19th for the DDP, even if Jean likely died a few days earlier.

Tell you what, I'll leave it until the next update. An actual date might be rustled up from somewhere by then. If not, I'll go with the 19th June...

• Like 1

Link Elvis Wray son of Link Wray is in a serious condition and being treated for kidney failure.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Phantom said:

Link Elvis Wray son of Link Wray is in a serious condition and being treated for kidney failure.

His condition has worsened, he is in intensive care

Source?

When you were as good as Link Wray, why bother with the middle name of Elvis?https://youtu.be/LXrV9mBM7Pk

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Source?

As per his sister, Belinda Wray Muth

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 13:30, Phantom said:

As per his sister, Belinda Wray Muth

Link Elvis Wray out of ICU and resting. For the time being.

• Like 1

Okay, did some more snooping on the Jean Vorderman day-of-death issue.

The Daily Mail posted this article yesterday, typical shitty Mail paparazzi crap about ____-celebrity being out and about and what clothes ____-celebrity is wearing.

In this case, fill in the blank with Carol Vorderman.

Under one of the photos, the caption says: "Heartbreaking: Carol revealed her mother Jean, 88, has died following her battle with terminal cancer on June 17th."

Grammatically, it seems to be saying that June 17th is the day that Carol revealed her mom's death.

But she actually announced her mom's death on June 19th... and because the Daily Mail is a tabloid that probably doesn't give two shits about proper grammar, my guess is that they were trying to say June 17th was Jean's death date, not the announcement date.

So my guess is that Jean died on June 17th, however this isn't being reported elsewhere... so it's possible that the Daily Mail were actually referring to the announcement date, but they got it wrong.

Here's something we could use to semi-confirm the June 17th date of death: average time between death and funeral in the UK. 

I know that in Poland, funerals for old people usually take place about 2 days after their death. If it's generally 2 days in the UK too, then it's very likely that Jean did in fact die on June 17th, considering she was buried June 19th.

So, basically: if 2 days is the average death-to-funeral wait time in the UK (I don't know myself, but most of y'all are Brits, so...), I'd go with June 17th as the day of death in accordance with the Daily Mail article.

If it's usually a longer wait (like here in the US, it's often a week's wait for the funeral to happen), then I'd go with June 19th since we don't have anything very concrete.

It's never two days here (unless there are special religious reasons, which don't apply here).

I'd say 4-5 working days is the norm, sometimes longer.

• Like 1

Just now, YoungWillz said:

It's never two days here (unless there are special religious reasons, which don't apply here).

I'd say 4-5 working days is the norm, sometimes longer.

Hmm, in that case it appears that the Daily Mail just made a typo and meant to say that June 19th was when Jean's death was announced, but wrote June 17th.

I guess TMIB should just go with June 19th for DDP purposes. I doubt anything more concrete will pop up.

It is not uncommon for a delay of two weeks or more between death and funeral in England.  In fact it is getting to be very common.

Usually it's because of waiting for a crematorium slot.  But this also has to be juggled with availability of ministers, funeral directors etc.

Post-mortems and bank holidays add further delays, although not in this case.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

My mum was buried on the third day after her death.  No religious reasons.

It was straightforward as there was no PM necessary, she was buried in an existing family grave, and the funeral directors and vicar were both available that day.

My Grandad died in Ireland on Dec 29th and my mum went there and he was buried on New Years Day morning!

1 hour ago, Toast said:

It is not uncommon for a delay of two weeks or more between death and funeral in England.  In fact it is getting to be very common.

Usually it's because of waiting for a crematorium slot.  But this also has to be juggled with availability of ministers, funeral directors etc.

Post-mortems and bank holidays add further delays, although not in this case.

Yeah, when my uncle died, there was a five week wait for the funeral. After the autopsy (sudden death), it was Easter, and the crematorium was shut. After that, there was a backlog of dead people to deal with.

Not particularly dignified, of course, but I suspect he'd have seen the funny side of it.

A couple of "funerals" I've attended over the last year or so have been memorial services where the deceased had already been cremated.

Taking an unpopular early or late slot at the crem can save a few days.