Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

The First 2008 Success Poll

So this is the list of 50 candidates which the DL committee will hope to overcome last year’s disappointing 10.

But who will be the first?

Billy Graham.

Billy Graham.

Pollock to be pole-axed. By cancer. Any day now.

Pollack here again.

But just looking at that list, I've just noticed Herbert Lom, Eli Wallach & Captain Beefheart were picked -Why?!? They're all healthier than me!

(I don't think there's a thing wrong with Beefheart bar eccentricity - which is not really wrong anyway)

Pollack here again.

But just looking at that list, I've just noticed Herbert Lom, Eli Wallach & Captain Beefheart were picked -Why?!? They're all healthier than me!

(I don't think there's a thing wrong with Beefheart bar eccentricity - which is not really wrong anyway)

Eli Wallach was picked as it would be a shame to have a DL without a Magnificent Seven star on it. Herbert Lom is 90 odd and how can he have outlived Peter Sellers for going on 30 years? As for Captain Beefheart, I hardly even know who he is.

Pollack here again.

Eli Wallach was picked as it would be a shame to have a DL without a Magnificent Seven star on it. Herbert Lom is 90 odd and how can he have outlived Peter Sellers for going on 30 years? As for Captain Beefheart, I hardly even know who he is.

I've just gone down the list and counted 26 of them who I wouldn't recognise if I met them in the street, even in their prime and that includes Beefheart, yet it's one of those names that has sort of always been there. Still it's not a bad list and I think it will do better than last year. I still don't know how Elizabeth Edwards crept on there - fame by association.

Eli Wallach was picked as it would be a shame to have a DL without a Magnificent Seven star on it.

In that case, Robert Vaughan should've been picked.

But it's a much stronger line-up than last year's and the above is the only whinge/comment I'll make on the DL list this year as I have more than enough to do with the DDP.

(And no, Deathlist cannot put their sub in to replace Frankie Laine - all of people, the DL should know the rules..... :lol: )

Pollack here again.

He's this guy....

Trout_Mask_Replica.jpg

:lol:

Herbert Lom is 90 odd and how can he have outlived Peter Sellers for going on 30 years?

Peter Sellers had a heart condition that was hereditary. His father died fairly young of a heart attack and of course his son Michael died of a heart attack at the age of 52

So if there's nothing that will dog Herbert Lom in terms of health, he could go on for a good few more years

Bobby Robson is my guess, although Pollack could be a quick one.

Pollack gets my vote.

I voted for Pollack too.

I'm usually wrong on these so I guess it makes no difference.

I probably should vote for someone who I don't have on any of my DP lists in the hope that one that is, dies.

It's when you see this kind of consensus and realise you don't have the bugger on your list that you get a kind of sinking feeling about your DDP prospects in the coming year. :lol:

I voted for Clive Dunn.

I'm the one who created Pollacks thread but I'm going to be self centered and say I think we will have to wait for him. I voted for Mark W. Felt. He was walking dead back in 2005 when he revealed his position in Watergate and I say it's time Deep Throat chokes.

I voted for Charlton Heston but it was just because he was on top.

I'm for Claude Levi-Strauss. If this cold snap moves down to France he'll be a gonner.

I voted for Clive Dunn.

We must face the realization that Clive Dunn may indeed be immortal :lol:

I voted for Clive Dunn.

We must face the realization that Clive Dunn may indeed be immortal :lol:

Obviously, voting Dunn is an alternate way to null vote.

<---- First vote to Sharon over here.

Russell Watson - his surgery starts any day now, and I'm afraid there may be complications

Rev Billy Graham

...or Betty Ford, but I only had one vote.