Death in Vegas

Time Added

On 22/09/2023 at 09:41, maryportfuncity said:

Nowt on line cause of death - anyone know owt?

Re Maddy Cusack, cause of death not disclosed, but BBC says police not treating it as suspicious.

I see from that report that her squad number was eight, so fans applauded in the eighth minute; fittingly Sheffield United also conceded eight goals. Serendipity.

• Like 3

Massimo Moratti undergoes heart surgery.

Scheduled, but not his first time.

• Like 3

Osman Mema was born in Tirana and died at the age of 84 on 25/Sep, one of the most decorated players in the history of Albanian football, having won the Albanian National Championship seven times. He played for the Albanian team Partizan and 17 Nëntori, also Albanian

https://pamfleti.net/english/sport/sporti-shqiptar-ne-zi-ndahet-nga-jeta-osman-mema-ish-futbollisti-kampion-m-i190038

Albanian sport in mourning/ Osman Mema, former champion footballer with Tirana

Jim Forrest, Scottish international who played for Rangers, Preston and Aberdeen, reportedly dead and if true, days after his 79th birthday: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Jim Forrest, Scottish international who played for Rangers, Preston and Aberdeen, reportedly dead and if true, days after his 79th birthday: 

Also, Forrest is a DDP pick.

• Like 1

Port Vale's Harry Poole has died aged 88. old school one-club man, 451 appearances in 15 years, then a season ticket holder for another 50.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

He was top scorer in Scottish division one in 1965 for Rangers, he was the top scorer of an older edition of this tournament still alive, now he is Alex Ferguson, who was top scorer the following year, 1966 for Dunfermline Athletic

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Also, Forrest is a DDP pick.

Indeed, he's in my Theme Team of Scottish footballers

• Like 1

On 03/10/2022 at 17:54, gcreptile said:

Aberdeen "legend" Frank McDougall has been diagnosed with lung cancer, but it's only stage two, for now:

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/aberdeen-legend-frank-mcdougall-reveals-7656019

Frank McDougall dead at 65.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, drol said:

Apparently he died of heart disease, so it wasn't even the cancer that killed him, at least not directly.

2 hours ago, drol said:

DDP hit for me.

Second of my three Franks. Just Frank Field to go.

15 minutes ago, Windsor said:

DDP hit for me.

Second of my three Franks. Just Frank Field to go.

You're in fifth place now. With a possible Jonnie Irwin joker back in hand, you might attack the top spot, if the rest goes right for you.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

You're in fifth place now. With a possible Jonnie Irwin joker back in hand, you might attack the top spot, if the rest goes right for you.

My Jokers have this annoying habit of surviving. 

Erick Morillo was born in Trujillo, the Peruvian footballer died at the age of 23 on September 30 and played for César Vallejo and was on loan to Cantolao (both Peruvian teams)

https://libero.pe/amp/futbol-peruano/liga-1/2023/09/30/ultimo-minuto-fallecio-futbolista-profesional-liga-1-2023-erick-stalin-morillo-cesar-vallejo-1071270

Erick Stalin  Morillo Calderón

2 hours ago, diego said:

Erick Morillo was born in Trujillo, the Peruvian footballer died at the age of 23 on September 30 and played for César Vallejo and was on loan to Cantolao (both Peruvian teams)

https://libero.pe/amp/futbol-peruano/liga-1/2023/09/30/ultimo-minuto-fallecio-futbolista-profesional-liga-1-2023-erick-stalin-morillo-cesar-vallejo-1071270

That name must be cursed as DJ Erick Morillo died in 2020 aged 49.

(I know it's a common name, but those are the only 2 with English Wikipedia pages)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

That name must be cursed as DJ Erick Morillo died in 2020 aged 49.

(I know it's a common name, but those are the only 2 with English Wikipedia pages)

Yes, I noticed that too, when I searched here, name exactly the same,and they both died early

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diego said:

Bit surprised that no one mentioned that his second name was Stalin??? Sad that he didn't get to play with Osama Vinladen

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wannamaker said:

Bit surprised that no one mentioned that his second name was Stalin??? Sad that he didn't get to play with Osama Vinladen

It would be really interesting to have both of them on the same team. :lol: