Death in Vegas

Time Added

I checked in the Indonesian press, he was hit in the chest and his shoes caught fire too. Pronounced dead on arrival in hospital.

Now I understand why they tell us to stop playing golf when a storm's on the way.

• Like 1

Just updated the Wiki page for David Powell, after finding a death notice for him here. He died in Cardiff on 4 December 2023, aged 79.

Played as a Welsh international (11 appearances), as well as for Wrexham, Sheffield Utd and Cardiff City. Likely would have received a national obituary had news of his death spread further at the time.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just updated the Wiki page for David Powell, after finding a death notice for him here. He died in Cardiff on 4 December 2023, aged 79.

Played as a Welsh international (11 appearances), as well as for Wrexham, Sheffield Utd and Cardiff City. Likely would have received a national obituary had news of his death spread further at the time.

Unusual for a player off that level to fall of the radar of the clubs he played for to the extent they don’t give a tribute. Particularly Cardiff being he was still fairly local. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, diego said:

Peter Handyside was born in Dumfries, Scotland and died aged 49, he played from 1992 to 2007. He played for Stoke City, Barnsley, among other teams

He was captain of Stoke City

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-peter-handyside-died-9091586

Peter Handyside foi o capitão do Stoke City para a promoção da Segunda Divisão através dos play-offs em 2002.

Already covered and discussed by 4 others users on the previous page.

Someone this morning said you should be banned for spamming this forum. This is one of many examples. Pay attention to what other ppl are posting, and use the search function. If you take interest in other ppl's posts, then god forbid somebody might one day interact with one of yours. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Already covered and discussed by 4 others users on the previous page.

Someone this morning said you should be banned for spamming this forum. This is one of many examples. Pay attention to what other ppl are posting, and use the search function. If you take interest in other ppl's posts, then god forbid somebody might one day interact with one of yours. 

I apologize, I used the search function, but I didn't find it, I have no interest in wasting time posting repeated things, you say that as if I did it because I want to, and it's not, I just didn't find it.

6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Hmmmm taken ill or "taken ill" I wonder. 

That’s the question. It’s a low blow to fake an illnes  through when they could just say plans change no press conference today. And surely he is not that shocked at the thought of being sacked that he has collapsed from it. 

He did take a turn earlier in the season. Possible he took another today and it's just a complete coincidence with the day that's in it.

The Sun are saying Roy Hodgson is currently at a hospital having tests. 

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Sun are saying Roy Hodgson is currently at a hospital having tests. 

Can you find the job centre on this map? 

• Haha 2

Zdenko Morovic was born in Rijeka (now Croatia) and died at the age of 57. He made five appearances for the Venezuelan national team from 1987 to 1989, was part of the Venezuelan squad for the 1987 Copa América. He played for Deportivo Itália, Marítimo de La Guaíra and Caracas

https://www.notitarde.com.ve/deportes/43056/fallecio-zdenko-morovich-exjugador-de-la-seleccion-venezolana-de-futbol

fallecio-zdenko-morovich-exjugador-de-la-seleccion-venezolana-de-futbol-43936.jpg

Dieter Pauly was born in Rheydt, Germany and died aged 81, he refereed the Liverpool vs Dynamo Bucharest match, the 1984 European Cup semi-final and is the first Euro 88 referee to die

He was also the referee of the DFB-Pokal final in 1986

https://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/dieter-pauly-ist-tot-der-schiedsrichter-und-das-foto-fuer-die-ewigkeit-a-b0612e42-9e46-4428-bb2d-b1f405f3a700

Das Sportfoto des Jahres 1981, Toni Schumacher und Dieter Pauly im innigen Dialog

Diego Chávez was born in Veracruz and died at the age of 28, he also played for Necaxa, Salamanca (Spain), Toluca, Carlos A. Mannucci (Peru) and was in Juarez when he died after crashing his car into a lamp post in Ciudad Juárez

https://www.tudn.com/futbol/liga-mx/liga-mx-muere-diego-chavez-jugador-fc-juarez-accidente-automovilistico

image.jpeg.b5b7cd6a100209daa2d111b19cb64157.jpeg

Birmingham City manager Tony Mowbray is stepping away from the role for the next six to eight weeks due to requiring medical treatment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hryhoriy Varzhelenko was born in Nikopol, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukrainian SSR and died aged 73, played for Nikopol professional clubs in 1960-1970. He was forced to retire early at the age of 24 due to a knee injury. In the 1990s, Varzhelenko began coaching his home teams, FC Elektrometalurh-NZF Nikopol and FC Nikopol, as well as FC Polissya Zhytomyr, Como coach, Varzhelenko became the first coach of players such as Dmytro Topchiyev, Pavlo Yakovenko, Mykola Kudrytskyi

https://sportarena.com/uk/footboll/ukraina-vtoraya-liga-futboll/pomer-golovnij-trener-nikopolya-grigorij-varzhelenko/

Помер головний тренер Нікополя Григорій Варжеленко - Друга ліга України

Eddie Mitchell, former AFC Bournemouth owner and chairman, dead at age 69. Brought Eddie Howe back to the club for his second spell, before being banned.