Death in Vegas

Time Added

Followed a day later by Welsh international Vic Crowe, who missed that game through injury but later captained and managed Villa.

As TAFKAG mentioned, Crowe was a Welsh international & he was part of the legendary 1958 World Cup squad that achieved heroics.

However, one man who did his best to put a stop to all this enjoyment was Jaime Belmonte. By scoring in the last minute of the game between Mexico & Wales, he created history by becoming the 1st Mexican player to score in a World Cup game, only a mere 28 years after they first entered the competition... He also meant that Wales 1-0 potential win became a 1-1 draw & was part of the reason Wales ended up playing Brazil in the quarter-finals. :pop:

Anyway, Belmonte died yesterday (Link in Spanish)

• Like 1

Meanwhile Tommy Farrer is alive and well. Though that came as a bit of a shock to the supporters of Bishop Aukland, who'd already stood for one minute's silence in his memory.

Last year was pretty decent for football - the top deaths were probably Tommy Burns, Emmanuel Sanon & Drazen Jerkovic.

But this year is proving to be, if not more notable than Jerkovic, say, quite a horrific one for football with yet another ex-World Cup player going - this time it's Austrian veteran star, Karl Koller, who has died of Alzheimer's Disease.

It gets worse:

Yugoslav stalwart Tomislav Crnkovic, who played in two World Cups in the 1950's, has died - link in Wiki page, but whilst a lot of these deaths are of old age, one that isn't and is very tragic indeed is that of;

Fernando Cornejo, who was just 39, played in the 1998 World Cup - he lost his fight against terminal stomach cancer today. :referee::unsure:

It's one thing for veterans of the 1958 World Cup to go - quite another for the veterans of 1998....

Another veteran of France '98, Serbian striker Darko Kovacevic, is also not in the best of health. The ex Juventus, Lazio, and Sheffield Wednesday(!) player underwent heart surgery a couple of weeks ago, and although the doctors are pleased with how the operation went, he might be worth keeping an eye on, especially if he decides to resume his career.

Another veteran of France '98, Serbian striker Darko Kovacevic, is also not in the best of health. The ex Juventus, Lazio, and Sheffield Wednesday(!) player underwent heart surgery a couple of weeks ago, and although the doctors are pleased with how the operation went, he might be worth keeping an eye on, especially if he decides to resume his career.

Kovacevic had heart trouble now? Bloody hell, that's a shocker.

Anyone heard anything further on Paul Birch's condition?

He's died http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1542111,00.html

Saw that on the news just as I was leaving the house this morning.

I guess Birch proves that things happen in threes.

First Johnny Dixon and then Vic Crowe

He's died http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1542111,00.html

Saw that on the news just as I was leaving the house this morning.

I guess Birch proves that things happen in threes.

First Johnny Dixon and then Vic Crowe

An ominous omen for the Villa's Champions League hopes, perhaps? :unsure:

I'm not, joking 'ere, but Joe Kinnear has been taken to hospital before a match.

Probably nothing but he never looks very well, unless of course, he's standing next to Harry Rednap. Then he appears quite peachy.

Heart bypass surgery for Joe Kinnear. I hope he's a little more tolerant towards doctors than journalists.

Former Newcastle United midfielder Reg Davies has died aged 79...

Neville Hamilton who played for Mansfield Town and Rochdale as well as 4 games for Leicester City, has died at the age of 48

Alan Suddick, a soccer football star for Blackpool FC, has been battling cancer. A friend claims that his condition has worsened throughout the passed few days. However this article was published on February the 18th so go figure.

I went to see Exeter City play Bournemouth last night. During the match, a fellow fan, he looked quite old, collapsed and died of a heart attack right in front of me :rolleyes: . He didn't miss much, as we lost 3-1 on the end, but it's still a shame - there's a good chance he might have missed out on another play off campaign.

I went to see Exeter City play Bournemouth last night. During the match, a fellow fan, he looked quite old, collapsed and died of a heart attack right in front of me :lol: . He didn't miss much, as we lost 3-1 on the end, but it's still a shame - there's a good chance he might have missed out on another play off campaign.

You ARE Death, aren't you?

Whatever you do, don't go to DeathCom 3... :rolleyes:

Alan Suddick, a soccer football star for Blackpool FC, has been battling cancer. A friend claims that his condition has worsened throughout the passed few days. However this article was published on February the 18th so go figure.

Diagnosis confirmed as myloma. He's had both his legs cut off after he got an infection.

Diagnosis confirmed as myloma. He's had both his legs cut off after he got an infection.

Three hours later....he's dead. I am not Death, this is just a coincidence.

[Edit - Sorry OoO, completely missed your post above.]

Three hours later....he's dead. I am not Death, this is just a coincidence.

[Edit - Sorry OoO, completely missed your post above.]

How did he kick the bucket with no legs?

Editor of the popular footy site AsktheRef.com Charles W. Fleischer II has died of cancer.

Former Scotland international, Bristol Rovers manager & most importantly, legend for Reading FC :unsure: , Bobby Campbell, has died, aged 86. Link

This follows on from the death of John Elsworthy, who played all his career with Ipswich, and despite being part of the Welsh 1958 World Cup squad (but didn't travel to Sweden), never actually was capped by Wales.

85-year-old 1950s Chelsea legend Roy Bentley did a soft shoe shuffle to put Astaire to shame after their win today. Sadly it's not on youtube yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

I'd suggest Roy has a few minutes more added time left.

Brazilian born South African footballer Walter Da Silva, a prolific striker who once scored 60 goals in a season, has died at the age of 74. Not a bad age considering he suffered a near fatal heart attack when he was only 27 and continued to play for another five years against medical advice. He was then diagnosed with advanced stomach cancer in 1975 and told he only had months to live. Three years ago he was shot in the head at point blank range, but survived when the bullet lodged in his skull.

85-year-old 1950s Chelsea legend Roy Bentley did a soft shoe shuffle to put Astaire to shame after their win today. Sadly it's not on youtube yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

I'd suggest Roy has a few minutes more added time left.

• Like 1