Death in Vegas

Time Added

Just to mention that Mark Halsey's cancer is in remission and he is back refereeing, so it looks like he won't score DDP points for anyone this year..

Just to mention that Mark Halsey's cancer is in remission and he is back refereeing, so it looks like he won't score DDP points for anyone this year..

Hopefully it is contagious and it spreads to Lee Mason... :sicktherm:

Bruce Sewell, mentioned in dispatches 4 years ago by TheManInBlack and myself:

There's another (ex)footballer that's sick out there in the football cosmos...Luton Town physio

Bruce Sewell has been diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease. It's in it's early stages so best to wait

a year or two...

has now lost his fight against motor neurone disease.

Obit from the BBC, no less - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...eet/8607062.stm, which was the only reason I think me, Blackie and no-one else picked him in 2007 or any other year as chances of a proper obit seemd slim. We were comprehensively wrong..

Newcastle chairman Sir John Hall has incurable cancer. Prostate cancer can be a slow burner so he's not necessarily a dead cert for 2011, but worth keeping an eye on.

Sad to report that Exeter City striker Adam Stansfield has been diagnosed with bowel cancer. We're from the same part of Devon and he was a couple of years below me at school.

Zoltan Varga still regarded as an Aberdeen legend and bought to replace the great Johan Cruyff at Ajax, went the way he made his living, or summat.

Ivor Powell finally quits coaching, aged 93.

Obit-worthy as and when, but I wouldn't bank on him shuffling off just yet.

68 year old 1966 legend Nobby Stiles cancels public appearance after a stroke. Not life threatening......yet.

Steve Perryman, legendary Spurs defender and now Director of Football at Exeter City, either "critically ill with pneumonia and blood poisoning" or "sitting up in bed chatting to his wife", depending on who you talk to.

FFS don't let Moncur anywhere near the coaching of these legends.

Or I'll go on and on about his spell in the Carlisle United dugout!

Honestly, tactics so pointlessly obvious he might as well have gone into the opposition dressing room and done their team talk.

Former Forest Green chairman Colin Gardner has died aged 69. A unique pick for The Terry Fenwick Benefit Select Second XI.

Former Liverpool and Everton defender Gary Ablett has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma...

"Mr. Rochdale", Stan Milburn, died last friday, aged 83.

He was the cousin of Newcastle's Jackie, and uncle to Jack and Bobby Charlton, as well as the youngest of 4 brothers who all played professional football.

Massomasso Tchangai, who played for Togo in the World Cup in 2006 has died. He was just 32, and died on his birthday.

He is the first World Cup player of the 2006 finals to die. One squad member (Costa Rica's 3rd choice keeper) died, but Tchangai is the first to die who had time on the pitch.

• Like 1

England World Cup winner George Cohen collapses at a charity dinner.

He seems to be all right now but definitely one to watch.

England World Cup winner George Cohen collapses at a charity dinner.

He seems to be all right now but definitely one to watch.

Not looking good, first Nobby suffers a mild stroke and now Cohen.

Sad to report that Exeter City striker Adam Stansfield has been diagnosed with bowel cancer. We're from the same part of Devon and he was a couple of years below me at school.

He has died. :P

Markus Liebherr

"The Southampton owner Markus Liebherr has died at the age of 62. Liebherr, a Germany-born Swiss construction magnate, led a takeover of the League One club in July last year, taking them out of administration."

• Like 1