Death in Vegas

Time Added

That's the only two dead (apart from the other one), but on top of them you have the assorted drug troubles of Mark Bosnich and Paul McGrath, Savo Milosevic's father being shot dead by his granddad, Ron Atkinson leaving the microphone on and Andy Townsend being Andy Townsend.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Dalian Atkinson, Ugo Ehiogu, who else from that team is gone?

Les Sealey

Thanks Spade, and Obake!

Sad news. Remember a CL game a few years back where he gave Man City a lot of trouble.

Jeff Butler, former manager (four times) of Kazier Chiefs, has died. He would have been the first person to manage the South African national team in a full international following their readmission to Fifa in 1992, but he was fired shortly before the game after it was discovered he'd falsified his CV. Instead, the honour went to the enjoyably named Screamer Tshabalala.

• Like 1

Nikolai Arefyev, former midfielder in several russian teams, has died aged 37. 

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Just now, ObakeFilter said:

(A) Read the forum before posting and

(B) Just posting a link seems clickbait to me. An explanation of the name and age if possible should be posted.

I'm getting tired of bald links that cannot be searched in the search facility on the forum.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Just posting a link seems clickbait to me. An explanation of the name and age if possible should be posted.

I'm getting tired of bald links that cannot be searched in the search facility on the forum.

Yes.  Don't be so fucking lazy.

20 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

(A) Read the forum before posting and

(B) Just posting a link seems clickbait to me. An explanation of the name and age if possible should be posted.

Whoops.

Form checking time for LFN and the rest of the no-righters as its a Farewell to the Lane night tonight.

52 former players and managers of Spurs on parade, might be more interesting to see who is not there.... :sherlock:

Whichever of chaz & Dave has the cancer that was mentioned in here last year, he's in attendance today. Meant to be in remission...

• Like 1

Of the four remaining members of the 1961 double-winning starting eleven, Terry Dyson, Les Allen and Cliff Jones were all in attendance. Maurice Norman, who was not there, apparently not in great shape.

• Like 1

Tommy Ross at 70. Was in the news recently as he had held the fastest hattrick and some English boy got close < Deli Alee? Harry Cane? > .http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-39973127

You think of Sadio Mane's from a few seasons back? Two minutes 56 seconds according to Google.

Think so, didn't think it that long ago tbh .

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Hmm, diabetes and a blocked artery. Bad blood circulation in general. Did he smoke a lot? Heart surgery alone won't fix it.

He's a Type I diabetic - Type II more commonly associated with heart attack/stroke/circulatory problems - unless ofc he's not managing it properly. Life expectancy for Type I diabetics (born after 1965) is 69 years and for those born post 1995 is 74.

Former Fc Twente, Anderlecht and Newcastle United player Cheick Tioté collapsed on the field during a training for his club Beijing Enterprises. Shortly afterwards he died at the age of only 30.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Former Fc Twente, Anderlecht and Newcastle United player Cheick Tioté collapsed on the field during a training for his club Beijing Enterprises. Shortly afterwards he died at the age of only 30.

Horrific news. So young.

That goal against Arsenal will live on in Newcastle folk-lore for many years,

• Like 1