Death in Vegas

Time Added

Could've gone in the 18 possibilities thread but not sure how advanced...

Chris Sutton on about Ryan Masons head injury let's slip that his dad has Alzheimers. Mike was a Norwich long termer, notebook job.

More info moves him into top 100....

Made to head medicine balls during training :D

Doesn't know what day it is, 24hr care required.....

• Like 1

Lindy Delapenha, Jamaican sportscaster and first Jamaican to play professionally in England (Portsmouth, Middlesbrough & Mansfield), has died aged 89.

Not a 100% sure if this is the right place to put this, but I also wasn't sure where else it should go.

Luis Gomez-Montejano, former President of Real Madrid (2006), has died aged 94. Could not find an English obit, so hopefully the translated one will do :)

Sam Arday, ex-coach of the Ghanian national football team, dead at 71. He was noted for having coached Ghana to a bronze medal during the '92 Barcelona Olympics.

I'm ashamed Piet Keizer, the left winger of the golden AFC Ajax, was not mentioned in this deathlist hall of fame. He was a tandem with Johan Cruijff during the late 60's and early 70's, with Ajax winning theEuropean cup three times in a row.

Dead at age 73.

Qualifying Obit

I'm ashamed Piet Keizer, the left winger of the golden AFC Ajax, was not mentioned in this deathlist hall of fame. He was a tandem with Johan Cruijff during the late 60's and early 70's, with Ajax winning theEuropean cup three times in a row.

Dead at age 73.

Qualifying Obit

Keizer's death was mentioned in the FIFA World Cup Players thread, though it definitely fits here as well.

Bobby Murdoch, who played for Liverpool (1957-1959), and had spells at other clubs such as South Liverpool, Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic, has died aged 81.

Debated over posting this. Tony Hopper - Carlisle player of fairly recent vintage - has life limiting illness; http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tony-hopper-to-say-thank-you-to-the-fans-at-the-portsmouth-game-3574726.aspx

Oh Kenny...it was all going so well

CS83568152.jpg

• Like 1

CS83568152.jpg

Purely in the interests of research, I am going on a scouting mission have signed up for "An Evening With Kenny Sansom" on Thursday night. Am genuinely intrigued to find out if the guests will get the customary complimentary booze in the presence of such a thirsty legend.

• Like 2

Motherwell announce the death of their former manager Roger Hynd aged 75. http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/02/19/roger-hynd-1942-2017/

Playing career included Rangers, Birmingham City and Walsall. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Hynd

I met him once, got his autograph, back in his Birmingham City days. I think it was the only autograph I ever got.

CS83568152.jpg

Purely in the interests of research, I am going on a scouting mission have signed up for "An Evening With Kenny Sansom" on Thursday night. Am genuinely intrigued to find out if the guests will get the customary complimentary booze in the presence of such a thirsty legend.

odds on him turning up pissed?

Couldn't see a link elsewhere, but Billy McNeill apparently has advanced dementia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39106689

Mario gotze has been ruled out 'for the time being'  with metabolic disturbances .

"He [Gotze] has continually suffered with muscular problems in the past few months, prompting a comprehensive internal investigation into the possible causes "Those investigations revealed the player has metabolic disturbances, rendering it absolutely necessary to withdraw him from team training for the time being."

Could it be sign of something more serious ? Metabolic disturbances  is usually associated with failing liver or pancreas. Its weird that he is been withdrawn with no timetable for return .

26 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39106689

Mario gotze has been ruled out 'for the time being'  with metabolic disturbances .

"He [Gotze] has continually suffered with muscular problems in the past few months, prompting a comprehensive internal investigation into the possible causes "Those investigations revealed the player has metabolic disturbances, rendering it absolutely necessary to withdraw him from team training for the time being."

Could it be sign of something more serious ? Metabolic disturbances  is usually associated with failing liver or pancreas. Its weird that he is been withdrawn with no timetable for return .

Fort William would still have him.mind - and he'd probably turn their season round.

• Like 1