hellkat

Hospitalised!

40 minutes ago, dean1991 said:

Decent band, The Blasters. Contributed to the soundtrack of Tarantino's 'From Dusk Til Dawn' . One of the best film soundtracks imo. 

I was working alongside their bass player, John for one of their gigs a while ago running their merch table. Had to help unload the van and was entrusted with carrying Phil's guitar to the green room.

• Like 2

Update on Phil Alvin.

He has been released from hospital and is recovering at home.

Blasters gigs still cancelled until the end of October.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 12:10, Phantom said:

Update on Phil Alvin.

He has been released from hospital and is recovering at home.

Blasters gigs still cancelled until the end of October.

The Blasters have cancelled all remaining gigs for this year while Phil Alvin is recovering

Last head of state of East Germany, Egon Krenz, in hospital after a heavy car crash:

https://m.spiegel.de/panorama/leute/egon-krenz-liegt-nach-schwerem-autounfall-im-krankenhaus-a-1301594.html

He's okay, but I wonder if this marks the beginning of his end, after he spent the previous years in fine health.

Hollywood hunk actor Zac Efron rushed to hospital in Australia after suffering a life or death emergency. 

Wasnt sure which was the best thread for this so put it in two.

Ricky Warwick, former vocalist and guitarist for The Almighty now with Thin Lizzy is in hospital with pneumonia.

15 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Legend of musicals Stephen Sondheim has had a serious fall.

Once the falls start the end is coming. Long way to 2021. 98 year old healthy women I knew fell in October dead by Christmas (she wanted to go through.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wishing Stephen Sondheim a quick recovery (despite the fact that I have him on my death-by-numbers list :blush:). Jean Paul Belmondo was hurt after a fall recently & I certainly would miss him too. I remember Charles Aznavour & Eddie Fisher who survived just a few days after they fell out of bed.

---------------

King Harald of Norway has been hospitalized yesterday  He'd also been ill during the Christmas holidays, but the palace officials claimed he is not suffering from anything serious.

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2020/01/08/king-harald-admitted-to-hospital/

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

I remember Charles Aznavour & Eddie Fisher who survived just a few days after they fell out of bed.

That must have been quite the scene.

• Haha 6

Boxing:
George Rincon scored a win, but his 1st round stoppage of Argentina's Diego Perez was overshadowed by a medical scare.

Three knockdowns produced the stoppage at 2:53 of round one, but everything brought to a screeching halt as Rincon (10-0, 7KOs) collapsed in his corner while reportedly suffering from seizures. The unbeaten junior welterweight southpaw made it out of the ring on his feet though with the assistance of his corner and with on-site indication that he will immediately head to the hospital.
SC

American reality TV star Nathan Griffith of Teen mom 2 fame and ex boyfriend of Jenelle Evans has been hospitalised after fears for his mental health after a family argument. 

Former Celtic captain Jackie McNamara was taken to hospital after collapsing at (or near) home on Saturday. A bleed on the brain according to various sources.

4 hours ago, time said:

Former Celtic captain Jackie McNamara was taken to hospital after collapsing at (or near) home on Saturday. A bleed on the brain according to various sources.

Shit manager, but he doesn't deserve that

Arabest Jackie

German actress Ingrid van Bergen fell in her own house and broke her hip. She underwent an operation at the beginning of the week and then has to go to rehab.

The article says that she is fine, but is this just the beginning of the end?
11 years ago she became the oldest winner of IACGMOOH (German version) at the age of 77!

https://www.n-tv.de/leute/Ingrid-van-Bergen-liegt-im-Krankenhaus-article21594365.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/harvey-weinstein-hospital-chest-pains-1203514196/amp/

Harvey Weinstein rushed to hospital with chest pains. 

Ah, I see he’s doing the old criminal health problem trick like many crooks do...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Ah, I see he’s doing the old criminal health problem trick like many crooks do...

Feeling cynical......?!!:o:D