Jump to content
Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

Recommended Posts

Just listening to Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone and when I Googled the provider of this week's featured album - jazz musician Dave Holland - I found a current death hoax: https://en.thissiteisahoax.net/people/dave-holland/deathhoax.html

 

Ain't dead, but is obitable when he does go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Just listening to Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone and when I Googled the provider of this week's featured album - jazz musician Dave Holland - I found a current death hoax: https://en.thissiteisahoax.net/people/dave-holland/deathhoax.html

 

Ain't dead, but is obitable when he does go.

 

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sites/media-mass

 

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-internet-death-hoax-story-generator-on-thissiteisahoax.t3046/

 

tenor.gif.72c22251717a315ec167da26e802e69b.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julia Arnall, was watching her recently in Ghost Squad, died last year according to wiki. Brit move forums have an obit for her too.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Arnall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Some more...

Scientist who invented the trackball, Ralph Benjamin, dead at 96.
Academic administrator Wendell Nedderman dead at 97.
British music critic Peter Gammond dead at 93.

Obit for Wendell Nedderman:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/05/09/former-ut-arlington-president-wendell-nedderman-passes-away/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2019 at 20:57, Handrejka said:

Julia Arnall, was watching her recently in Ghost Squad, died last year according to wiki. Brit move forums have an obit for her too.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Arnall


Confirmed by the very useful England and Wales online Wills collection.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2019 at 14:31, Ulitzer95 said:

Some more...

Scientist who invented the trackball, Ralph Benjamin, dead at 96.
Academic administrator Wendell Nedderman dead at 97.
British music critic Peter Gammond dead at 93.

Peter Gammond funeral service program. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ebbaEADV9mQrcYo5hVKwDUBZcxQZwEWq/view

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2019 at 14:49, drol said:

Indian scientist Ramamirtha Jayaraman, dead at 81.

Italo Casali, Sammarinese Olympic sports shooter, dead at 78.

Anjali Khandwala, Indian Gujarati writer, dead at 78.

 

Italian language news story that references the death of Italo Casali.  The section in question in which he's referred translates roughly (Google Translate) as :

 

"Unfortunately, the recent death of our dear Brother Italo Casali, Honorary Grand Master, a good man but of great character, who drove our Institution in difficult times and that we have recently commemorated in a Ritual Round, sadly saddened me. without him all of us would not be here. May the earth be light to you dear friend."

 

http://www.libertas.sm/notizie/2019/05/15/nuovi-riconoscimenti-per-la-gran-loggia-di-san-marino.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2019 at 23:45, Ulitzer95 said:

George E. Felton, British computer scientist dead at 98.
Charles Wyrsch, Swiss painter dead at 98.
Jacob W. Gruber, American anthropologist dead at 98.


Another 2 names to add:

Clemens C. J. Roothaan, Dutch physicist dead at 100.
Milton Quon, American animator for Walt Disney Studios dead at 105.

Both awaiting reliable sources though it looks like Quon's son posted a tribute on Instagram.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:


Another 2 names to add:

Clemens C. J. Roothaan, Dutch physicist dead at 100.
Milton Quon, American animator for Walt Disney Studios dead at 105.

Both awaiting reliable sources though it looks like Quon's son posted a tribute on Instagram.

Disney Animators have a good life experience - several reached centenarian status.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Disney Animators have a good life experience - several reached centenarian status.

 

 

 

Indeed. Ruthie Tompson still alive and kicking. 109 this year!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These 5 are fairly big names.

 

Felton is the father of operating system GEORGE and a computer science pioneer who worked fo Ferranti.

Wyrsch is one of the most revered living Swiss painters.

Gruber was the first American archaeologist to lead an excavation in a Communist country (Czechoslovakia, 1966)

I know Roothaan for useful Roothaan equations.

Milton Quon, along with Ruthie Thompson, is the last pre-WWII Disney animator.

 

I hope they all get their obits, they deserve them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That era's animators had very impressive endurance. At this time three years ago, Willis Pyle just died, and Ruthie Tompson, Milton Quon, Don Lusk, Tyrus Wong, and X Atencio were all still alive, plus Bob Givens for Warner Bros. All but the last two lived to be centenarians, and now just Tompson is left despite being the oldest of that lot. And that's not counting some of the early voice actors still left, thanks to Disney using child actors to voice child characters, or Marge Champion (used as a reference model for Snow White).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/06/2019 at 00:45, Ulitzer95 said:

George E. Felton, British computer scientist dead at 98.
Charles Wyrsch, Swiss painter dead at 98.
Jacob W. Gruber, American anthropologist dead at 98.

Charles Wyrsch death notice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger Béteille, French aeronautical engineer, dead at 97.

Gunther Kress, British semiotician, dead at 78.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/06/2019 at 11:54, Ulitzer95 said:



Clemens C. J. Roothaan, Dutch physicist dead at 100.

Roothaan's death confirmed. Shocked about Quon still getting nothing concrete.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drol said:

Roger Béteille, French aeronautical engineer, dead at 97.

Gunther Kress, British semiotician, dead at 78.

Both Kress and Béteille get their obits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use