maryportfuncity

Crashing Companies

Comedy Centrals Jon Stewart Daily Show R.I.P http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31396423 :(

So what? No one died...

satire in America has died :( I am crying as I type this

The Daily Show aired its last episode ages ago

Comedy Centrals Jon Stewart Daily Show R.I.P http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31396423 :(

So what? No one died...

satire in America has died :( I am crying as I type this

What a weird coincidence, that's what I said when I saw the first episode!

EDIT: Also another odd coincidence....... they've just announced they're "bringing back" Spitting Image (again).

This time in the form of..... "Newzoids".

JCPenney can't have long to go. 3 years maybe. My brother-in-law used to work there for years as regional supervisor for theft prevention. They booted him to hire some college grad and save $$$ on his salary, never mind the $$$$$$$$$$ he saved them doing his job.

SC

I see not only Dutch department stores are suffering. One of the larger chains here, V&D has been in trouble for a while now. Renegotiating rents helped a bit, but not enough. They announced pay cuts a few weeks ago, which staff didn't receive well, as one may imagine.

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein
URL fixed. Don't try to think for me, stupid software

I see not only Dutch department stores are suffering. One of the larger chains here, V&D has been in trouble for a while now. Renegotiating rents helped a bit, but not enough. They announced pay cuts a few weeks ago, which staff didn't receive well, as one may imagine.regards,Hein

Question for you, Hein (or other Dutch people)... I've been wondering about this for a while now... If the V&D goes bankrupt will that also mean that all the La Place-restaurants will close or will they continue as a seperate company?

The music streaming site Grooveshark was taken down "without warning" last week (although people had been sorta predicting it for a while). The vast majority of the music was unlicensed, so essentially it was nothing more than a streamy, more modern equivalent of Ye Old Napster.

I think the RIAA is now in the process of suing its corpse. I had lots of good movie music (and other shit like wrestling themes) playlisted on there so I'm a bit annoyed, might not be able to find some of that elsewhere :rolleyes:

The music streaming site Grooveshark was taken down "without warning" last week (although people had been sorta predicting it for a while). The vast majority of the music was unlicensed, so essentially it was nothing more than a streamy, more modern equivalent of Ye Old Napster.

I think the RIAA is now in the process of suing its corpse. I had lots of good movie music (and other shit like wrestling themes) playlisted on there so I'm a bit annoyed, might not be able to find some of that elsewhere :rolleyes:

I bet you are a blast at Parties. :lol:

oh yeah. you been to any lately?

(p.s. I have tons of "normal music". I just like to remember that Billy Gunn was "an ass man" that's all.)

(p.s. I have tons of "normal music". I just like to remember that Billy Gunn was "an ass man" that's all.)

Its ARSE man, ARSE!!

• Like 2

You should start a pub act where you sing American songs but with the words "corrected". I think you'll find an audience....of sorts. (i.e. you'd get a lot of generous tips from David Mitchell)

You should start a pub act where you sing American songs but with the words "corrected". I think you'll find an audience....of sorts. (i.e. you'd get a lot of generous tips from David Mitchell)

Pat Boone's already been there and done that:

"Boone was heavily criticized in the 1950s, and since, for singing homogenized, sanitized versions of rock-'n'-roll songs written and/or popularized by Afro-American artists. For example, when he recorded Fats Domino's "Ain't That a Shame" (his first big hit) in 1956, he initially insisted upon changing the title to "Isn't That a Shame", feeling that the incorrect grammar of the original title would be a bad influence on young people."

Source: http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0004769/trivia

• Like 2

Its ARSE man, ARSE!!

Perhaps he was more in to donkeys, in which case "ass" would be correct.

• Like 1

What about companies rising from the grave?

There is speculation that as part of the restructuring of HSBC they will rebrand their UK & European banking operations and the old Midland Bank name has been discussed.

But who would provide the voice for Griffon after the sad death of Richard Briers?

Borderline Records where I purchased many an album on day trips to Brighton have closed their doors after 34 years

Borderline Records where I purchased many an album on day trips to Brighton have closed their doors after 34 years

AWWW FFS, a tragedy when vinyl sales are saving a few other independent outlets.

I think CNN is now dead and buried after this hilarious goof!!

ISIS flag spotted at London Gay Pride.

Um.... not quite...

Er... yeah.... how can you expect to be taken seriously as a journalist if you don't instantly recognise a "dildo flag joke" or something....... right?

I'll never take her work seriously again!! Obviously she's the stupid one for thinking that, and they're totally not the stupid ones for thinking it's a good idea to fly a flag that looks anything vaguely like the flag of an organisation that would have gunned them all down where they stood, if it could.

Josh Greenberg, Grooveshark's co-founder now found dead at 28. http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2015/07/20/grooveshark-co-founder-josh-greenberg-dead-at-28/

Josh Greenberg, Grooveshark's co-founder now found dead at 28. http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2015/07/20/grooveshark-co-founder-josh-greenberg-dead-at-28/

Why is this posted in a thread about legally-created entities rather than CEO thread about humans?

SC