Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Hack Meyers (aka Bronco Billy, Texas Longhorns), real name Donald Haviland, ECW wrestler in the mid-90s has died a couple of days short of his 42nd birthday from complications from brain surgery. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/1205/604479/ecw-original-hack-meyers-passes-away-at-41/

Someone was mentioning him to me only yesterday, about how mad it was Hack was only in his early 20s in ECW as he looked ancient.

Had heard he needed emergency surgery, but he was never going to get a qualifying obit.

I thought this was going to be a "post old news to nab some unwary DDPers" but Dynamite actually has had another stroke. His, third (?) in as many years.

Lucha legend and Wrestling Observer Hall of Famer Lizmark dead at 66. Although, because of the weird world of Mexican wrestling, his real name is unknown and hasn't been released.

His son became a memorable (well, I remember him) cruiserweight jobber in WCW.

• Like 1

Lucha legend and Wrestling Observer Hall of Famer Lizmark dead at 66. Although, because of the weird world of Mexican wrestling, his real name is unknown and hasn't been released.

Juan Banos..

http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/hall-famer-juan-banos-passes-away-66-203901

Is Mick McMannus still alive he might be a good choice for 2016

Is Mick McMannus still alive he might be a good choice for 2016

No.

What about The Shockmaster?

Him Earthquake and Vader can't survive being that fat

As a sometime punter, I would say , "yep" , if having a wager on it.

Dotsoncredible!

What about The Shockmaster?

Him Earthquake and Vader can't survive being that fat

Troll....try a search engine or wiki

Who will be the big wrestling death of 2016? Flair,Snuka and Dreamer are my choice

Shockmaster won't count as a big wrestling death

The Dynamite Kid

I say Hogan, or Bundy, or Kamala

I never knew there was anything wrong with KK Bundy

I think that I should apologise to all posters in this thread. I have been dismissive of Wrestling as niche and irrelevent I then found out that two people I share an office with were massive wrestling fans when they were younger (collecting figures etc) and so I must assume that I am just too old to have encountered it.

I still won't be picking wrestlers and will grumble when they are on the main list but everyone should have a hobby.

• Like 1

I think that I should apologise to all posters in this thread. I have been dismissive of Wrestling as niche and irrelevent I then found out that two people I share an office with were massive wrestling fans when they were younger (collecting figures etc) and so I must assume that I am just too old to have encountered it.

I still won't be picking wrestlers and will grumble when they are on the main list but everyone should have a hobby.

Think of it as Corrie or Eastenders with less fights. I'm not a fan of soaps, but I can see why they're so addictive to those who are.

• Like 2

I never collected, or wanted any dorky figures but you had a go at me over it... now you find these shame silos working in your office and you let them off the hook?

Christ.

I never collected, or wanted any dorky figures but you had a go at me over it... now you find these shame silos working in your office and you let them off the hook?

Christ.

To be fair (go on give it a try) for me you are a disembodied voice (albeit a rather loud) one with whom I have exchanged banter over the years we have been participating in the forum. I was not able to judge how representative you are of the population as a whole. Here the discussion turned to wrestling and before I was able to lambast the first person over their youthful enthusiasm for such a thing the second joined in and I was completely out of my depth. I know these two people quite well and this was unexpected.

You are included in my all encompassing apology but as I have said it does not follow that I will now be happy about Wrestling picks but will probably keep quiet and treat it in the same way I do Rugby and Jazz music.

Christ.

To be fair (go on give it a try) for me you are a disembodied voice (albeit a rather loud) one with whom I have exchanged banter over the years we have been participating in the forum. I was not able to judge how representative you are of the population as a whole. Here the discussion turned to wrestling and before I was able to lambast the first person over their youthful enthusiasm for such a thing the second joined in and I was completely out of my depth. I know these two people quite well and this was unexpected.

You are included in my all encompassing apology but as I have said it does not follow that I will now be happy about Wrestling picks but will probably keep quiet and treat it in the same way I do Rugby and Jazz music.

Now you're trying to make me feel old!

The funny thing is you're giving this apology, just as I'm starting to get bored of wrestling nostalgia myself. Or may be, I dunno.

I've been thinking lately perhaps the glorious "Attitude" era from 1997-2001 (I try to call it the Austin/Rock era so as not to confuse it with a certain publication that is full of British sportsmen and male pop stars posing in their undies) is now fading into the memory so much it now resembles the 70s or something. Whatever. It may just be because WWE finally got off their arses and deleted tons of great stuff of certain easily accessible video websites.

But yeah, I still feel that for some of the politically-minded people here, a form of entertainment that managed to predict/"foreshadow" by well over a decade, the real-life story of a frustrated annoying-voiced blond boy named Owen, trying to join the Nation of Islam for attention, should at least get some respect.