Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

5 hours ago, time said:

Looking forward to this

I saw an interview recently where he admitted he was in a tough financial spot due to the complete drying-up of his TV work. Mind you, I wasn't expecting this as his comeback.

Caught up with the first 3 episodes of The Traitors S2 the past couple of days and I was as worried as everybody else as S1 was amazing. Wasn't sure about the choices for traitors in episode 1 but by the end of episode 3 I'm on board and a couple of them are playing stellar games. Love the psychological dynamics of people trying to be clever to deduce the solution and ending up all barking up entirely the wrong tree like sheep. It's managed to captivate me as much as S1 but whether it will end up being as epic will depend very much on how things develop.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 17:06, time said:

Looking forward to this

Wasn't suited to a A Question of Sport but think this is definitely something he'd be suited to

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Wasn't suited to a A Question of Sport but think this is definitely something he'd be suited to

I was being facetious. Personally, I don't think he's suited to a presenting career.

17 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Stey owt of th' black n into the red, there's nothin' in this game for too in a bed! It's a Phoenix Nights love-in is Bullseye! Jim Bowen appeared as a club owner in Blackpool in Phoenix Nights and Dave Spikey led the previous revival on Dave.

My wife and daughter started watching the new series of The Traitors at first it wound me up because I knew that if I played the game I would be absolutely shit at it. However I got drawn in and have gone back to Series 1 and started watching it. Fortunately I have not read any of the fall out so I still don't know who won that so I am watching it as though it is live but it is a depressing show which has the worst traits of humanity on show. Fair play to the excellent Claudia Winkelman who manages to strike the right tone in her presenting.

• Like 2

Series 2 of Big Boys, which somehow manages to be even better than Series 1 imo.

• Facepalm 1

The past 2 episodes of The Traitors have been some of the best TV I've seen in a long time, I'm not usually a fan of reality TV but I am well and truly entranced.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

The past 2 episodes of The Traitors have been some of the best TV I've seen in a long time, I'm not usually a fan of reality TV but I am well and truly entranced.

Same here. The 'attending your own funeral' episode was especially good.

• Like 2

Traitors have played a blinder this series. So glad "he" got his comeuppance though, he was too smarmy by half. They kill or banish Jaz and they won't catch them. The two faithful girls are useless and Zack is too weird to survive. Ross has been utterly useless as a faithful, he could end up winning the lot now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Traitors have played a blinder this series. So glad "he" got his comeuppance though, he was too smarmy by half. They kill or banish Jaz and they won't catch them. The two faithful girls are useless and Zack is too weird to survive. Ross has been utterly useless as a faithful, he could end up winning the lot now.

I think Andrew could end up winning for similar reasons. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

I think Andrew could end up winning for similar reasons. 

I think Harry's "psychic abilities" are going to come back to bite him. Up to now I've assumed he'd walk away with the money but Jaz is onto him and the others are starting to wonder. I mean... if he's so good at spotting traitors, why on earth would they keep him alive? Unless...

It's exactly the issue Paul had after the dungeon. But if it plays out as Harry thinks and they banish Jasmine, then kill whoever they like and it's 3 v 3, the Faithful haven't got a hope in hell of winning the money as far as I can see. It's just which Traitors make it to the final few.

So pleased that Season 2 has at least lived up to Season 1's high standards, even if it hasn't quite surpassed it in my eyes.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if the Faithfull win it after tonight's episode. I can see Harry and Andrew getting to the final quite easily. The only person suspicious of either of them is Jaz but I don't think anyone will listen, I think Ross would be the perfect scapegoat to get rid of at the roundtable, after Jasmine he would be who I'd see most people turning on. The only risk is that Ross is Diane's son (obviously they don't know that) and he makes it his mission to take Harry down. I'm pretty sure either way Andrew makes it to the final it's just whether Harry or Ross do.

• Like 2

They let Jaz stay in too long because he's buddy buddy with Zack now. Another one too smart for his own good.

• Like 1

So...what do we think is going to happen in the Traitors finale tonight? I predicted yesterday's actions, it made too much sense to kill Zack and pin it on Jasmine.

Harry, Andrew, Evie, Mollie and Jaz. First to go will be Andrew - Mollie is gunning for him, Harry will turn on him and they just need to flip one of Evie and Jaz, who are both suspicious of Ross's outrage the other day. I just can't see that Andrew will get Evie and Jaz to act on their Harry suspicions before they get rid of him. Depending on what Andrew does (and I'm not sure whether I can see him throwing Harry under the bus the way Kieran did to Wilf last year), it could follow a similar pattern to last year. Jaz will want another banishment I think (he's put enough pieces together on Harry) but I don't know whether Evie will agree (2-2 was enough last year to get another vote). Mollie could agree but with the intention of throwing Jaz overboard, as he's raised suspicion too. But why would he try and instigate another vote if he was a traitor? If Jaz and/or Evie can sow enough doubt on Harry, Mollie could flip and save the day. So many possible twists and turns. I think Harry could win the lot, but I think a lot will depend on what Andrew says when banished and what Jaz can convince the others to do (surely he's got to act on his suspicions?!). Looking forward to it anyway. :D

• Like 1

Jaz and Evie will sweep the board.

Nah, barring hilarious error Harry has this in the bag.

• Like 3

After last night I'm not so sure about Harry winning anymore. Everyone will be suspicious of Evie but she now knows that Zack's theory was wrong and she will be looking at other reasons as to why there was no murder a couple of nights ago, in yesterday's episode she was talking with Andrew and Jaz about how Harry is maybe not trustable. I can see her figuring things out and going to those two with her theory and Jaz will believe her as he has been having similar thoughts and Andrew will swipe an opportunity to get rid of Harry. I can see it being a 2 votes Andrew, 3 votes Harry at the round table.

• Like 2

I think they might do 

Spoiler

What some other versions have done and make the two winning traitors have to decide if to spilt or steal. 

I think they’ll murder Jimmy Carter and walk off into the sunset punching the air.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

After last night I'm not so sure about Harry winning anymore. Everyone will be suspicious of Evie but she now knows that Zack's theory was wrong and she will be looking at other reasons as to why there was no murder a couple of nights ago, in yesterday's episode she was talking with Andrew and Jaz about how Harry is maybe not trustable. I can see her figuring things out and going to those two with her theory and Jaz will believe her as he has been having similar thoughts and Andrew will swipe an opportunity to get rid of Harry. I can see it being a 2 votes Andrew, 3 votes Harry at the round table.

I would like this outcome. I'd forgotten that Evie and Jasmine were two sides of the same coin! Jasmine was faithful, so that means Evie's a traitor? But, as you say, Evie knows that's not the case - can she keep the others on side though? This should be good!

Well....Mollie's going down in TV history. What an incredible display of braindead thinking. :facepalm:

• Like 1

I rooted for Harry throughout the entire show and he definitely deserved to win, but I will admit in the final moment I was praying that Mollie had written his name down.

I knew Harry would win because he has a very good poker face and had Mollie on his side. She was so convinced that they were BFF and just couldn't stick with writing Harry's name, even though we saw her write "H".

So many opportunities. The faithful were as brain dead as Harry really. Harry basically explained in so much detail about Paul’s plan, he should have been a goner. Then when Jasmine and Evie both coughed to being faithful, that meant the shield ploy was there for all to see.

Mollie deserved her glorious tears. It is the end, if Jaz was a traitor why on earth would he vote to banish again?

Every day did these people wake up and forget everything that happened before?

Harry’s annoying use of innit and like really rankled. And probably the least deserving of the final five.

But enjoyed it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I rooted for Harry throughout the entire show and he definitely deserved to win, but I will admit in the final moment I was praying that Mollie had written his name down.

I don't begrudge him the win, he's played a good game and deserved it. And, actually, this was the perfect outcome in the end. Harry didn't get off scot-free, Jaz proved himself to be the smartest Faithful and did all he could to win the money, Mollie didn't deserve the money and spectacularly proved it with her final decision, Andrew didn't go down without a fight and it proved to be incredible drama once again. Brilliant show. But, fuck me, Mollie! That was legendarily dim. :facepalm:

But it was worth it for tweets like this :lol::

• Like 3
  • Haha 1