Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Guest Guest_Windsor_*
So you said...in the WWF thread...

Yeah I know.

But I figure that this being an extremely slow year for celebrity deaths, Martin's death was noteworthy in that it was the first shocking death of a (somewhat) famous young celebrity. We haven't really had any shocking deaths of young celebrities until this one.

I've never heard of him. Neither has Mckenzie...

That's why I said SOMEWHAT famous...

A lot of Americans have never really heard of him either. But amongst wrestling fans, he did have some name recognition. Obviously not in the level of The Rock, or even Chris Benoit for that matter, but he's fairly well known amongst WWE and entertainment fans.

So not quite famous enough to merit a mention in two threads within 15 minutes?

Never heard of him either. Hardly worth any mention at all I'd have thought :unsure:

So you said...in the WWF thread...

Yeah I know.

But I figure that this being an extremely slow year for celebrity deaths, Martin's death was noteworthy in that it was the first shocking death of a (somewhat) famous young celebrity. We haven't really had any shocking deaths of young celebrities until this one.

I've never heard of him. Neither has Mckenzie...

That's why I said SOMEWHAT famous...

A lot of Americans have never really heard of him either. But amongst wrestling fans, he did have some name recognition. Obviously not in the level of The Rock, or even Chris Benoit for that matter, but he's fairly well known amongst WWE and entertainment fans.

So not quite famous enough to merit a mention in two threads within 15 minutes?

Does anyone know how he died and what of?

At a guess, something steriod related.

This is Andrew "Look at my blog where I point out steriods are not harmful if used wisely" Martin, after all.

Then again, wont know until the coroners stuff comes out. I mean, we still don't know what done in Sensational Sherri!

Actor Ron Silver has died of esophageal cancer at age 62. Didn't know he battled cancer for two years.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152009/news/...dies_159710.htm

Silver was a great character actor. Not the biggest name out there, but a pretty cool guy. His most memorable roles to me were probably as crooked senator in Timecop with Jean Claude Van Damme, and as the serial killer stalking Jamie Lee Curtis in Blue Steel. Silver was also great as Professor Dershowitz in the film Reversal of Fortune, based on the story of Sunny von Bulow.

a pretty cool guy.

He was a Bush supporter.....

Actor Ron Silver has died of esophageal cancer at age 62. Didn't know he battled cancer for two years.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152009/news/...dies_159710.htm

Silver was a great character actor. Not the biggest name out there, but a pretty cool guy. His most memorable roles to me were probably as crooked senator in Timecop with Jean Claude Van Damme, and as the serial killer stalking Jamie Lee Curtis in Blue Steel. Silver was also great as Professor Dershowitz in the film Reversal of Fortune, based on the story of Sunny von Bulow.

The Curse of Martin Sheen?

a pretty cool guy.

He was a Bush supporter.....

Ron was a pretty school guy IN SPITE of him being a Bush supporter. :referee:

Betsy Blair

Oscar nominated for her role in Marty, Gene Kelly's former wife (and indeed Karel Reisz too), blacklisted in the Communist witch-hunts of the 1950's, and a stalwart film, TV, theatre & musical actress has died, aged 85.

There, that should cheer BC Alum up no end. A bona fide Hollywood golden era Oscar nominated actress dead.

Betsy Blair

Oscar nominated for her role in Marty, Gene Kelly's former wife (and indeed Karel Reisz too), blacklisted in the Communist witch-hunts of the 1950's, and a stalwart film, TV, theatre & musical actress has died, aged 85.

There, that should cheer BC Alum up no end. A bona fide Hollywood golden era Oscar nominated actress dead.

f**k, I'd half considered her for DDP after mentioning her in the famous widows thread.

99-year-old television pioneer Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr. has died... he worked on what might've been the first video game, and certainly the first video game patent.

Betsy Blair

No, Ron Silver's death did just that. :referee:

Besides, I have no idea who the heck Betsy Blair is. Bah.

Canadian born singer Edmund Hockridge has died aged 89.

He was a huge star in his heyday (50s and 60s) in such musicals as "Carousel", "Guys and Dolls", "Can-Can" and "The Pajama Game". He also performed leading operatic roles in "Don Giovanni", "La Boheme" and "Peter Grimes".

Didnt see this one anywhere else:Mr Magoo co-creator Millard Kaufman, 92 died of heart failure on Saturday

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0712032/

Nor did Mr Magoo...:)

Anne Wiggins Brown

"African-American soprano who was the original Bess in George Gershwin's folk opera Porgy and Bess, has died at age 96"

natsha richardson 1963 -2009 R.I.P

talented actress and starred in films like Maid in Manhattan and Asylum

Actor Derek Benfield, a Dr.Who stalwart, and in a heap of other programmes - but perhaps best known recently for his role in Hetty Wainthrop Investigates has died, according to this Dr Who blog

Benfield for those who can't quite place him:

derek3.jpg

Actor Derek Benfield, a Dr.Who stalwart, and in a heap of other programmes - but perhaps best known recently for his role in Hetty Wainthrop Investigates has died, according to this Dr Who blog

derek3.jpg

Can't place him in Doctor Who either and I'm a fan!

derek3.jpg

Me too. What episodes was he in?

derek3.jpg

Me too. What episodes was he in?

Perhaps he drove a dalek.

I haven't a clue what episode he was in, I can't stand the programme.

But it appears he was in this Doctor Who thing with Colin Baker - Whatever and according to the Who based sites he did a few of these with Colin Baker & wrote some scripts. I'm just copying the blurb.

Anyway, I know who he is from Hetty Wainthrop. Which isn't much better TV quality wise. :)

I haven't a clue what episode he was in, I can't stand the programme.

But it appears he was in this Doctor Who thing with Colin Baker - Whatever and according to the Who based sites he did a few of these with Colin Baker & wrote some scripts. I'm just copying the blurb.

Anyway, I know who he is from Hetty Wainthrop. Which isn't much better TV quality wise. :angry:

You're in my personal doghouse for that remark. Hetty Wainthrop indeed! :)

Actor Terence Edmond, who starred in Z Cars in the 1960s, has died aged 69...