Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Ali Bongo was in DDP in recent years, but crucially not this year...

Magician Ali Bongo (real name William Wallace), a regular on TV in the 70s has died age 79. He was also president of the Magic Circle.

Oh, another piece of childhood gone. I wonder if he will be cremated, in a puff of smoke - poof!

Name association - I should have had him!!!

Just goes to show what a really bad year I'm having!!! :(

Wasn't he also married to Victoria Wood?

No, that was Geoffrey Durham, The Great Soprendo. Great big fat twat, more like.

Magician Ali Bongo (real name William Wallace), a regular on TV in the 70s has died age 79. He was also president of the Magic Circle.

Is anyone else thinking "Why couldn't it have been Paul Daniels?"

Is anyone else thinking "Why couldn't it have been Paul Daniels?"

You must have been reading my mind

Oh, another piece of childhood gone. I wonder if he will be cremated, in a puff of smoke - poof!

No, that was Geoffrey Durham, The Great Soprendo. Great big fat twat, more like.

I think it was a popular misconception that he was Wood's husband, one which I fell prey to some time ago until corrected.

AbraCadaver!!

(shamelessly stolen from the DDP team with that name)

I think it was a popular misconception that he was Wood's husband, one which I fell prey to some time ago until corrected.

I often got the mixed up. I can picture both of them in my mind, but could never remember which one was married to Victoria Wood.

Now I know :)

Hank Locklin, country music singer best known for "Please Help Me I'm Falling", has fallen into the Grim Reaper's grasp at age 91.

Just goes to show what a really bad year I'm having!!! :referee:

I often got the mixed up. I can picture both of them in my mind, but could never remember which one was married to Victoria Wood.

Now I know :)

.and here he is!

magicprofile_0036_geoffreydurham2.jpg

Jimmy Boyd has died aged 70. He was the original singer of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" in 1952.

Now, I'm no conspiracy theorist :rolleyes: but Molly Bee, who also had a hit with the same record, died last month, as did Estelle Bennett of the Ronettes who also recorded it, so it's interesting to note that the song has also been recorded by Michael Jackson (along with his brothers) and Amy Winehouse...

Jimmy Boyd has died aged 70. He was the original singer of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" in 1952.

Now, I'm no conspiracy theorist :rolleyes: but Molly Bee, who also had a hit with the same record, died last month, as did Estelle Bennett of the Ronettes who also recorded it, so it's interesting to note that the song has also been recorded by Michael Jackson (along with his brothers) and Amy Winehouse...

Is it a cracker?

Never heard of Ali Bongo... unless, of course, you are talking about this shop.

:rolleyes:

Never heard of Ali Bongo... unless, of course, you are talking about this shop.

What an excellent find. I wonder how many have inadvertently discovered it while seeking information on the late Mr Bongo. :rolleyes:

Paul Daniels will be the last magician standing,

Would anyone notice that hobbit if he standing?

Guest Mckenzie

So you said...in the WWF thread...

Yeah I know.

But I figure that this being an extremely slow year for celebrity deaths, Martin's death was noteworthy in that it was the first shocking death of a (somewhat) famous young celebrity. We haven't really had any shocking deaths of young celebrities until this one.

Guest Guest_Windsor_*

Yeah I know.

But I figure that this being an extremely slow year for celebrity deaths, Martin's death was noteworthy in that it was the first shocking death of a (somewhat) famous young celebrity. We haven't really had any shocking deaths of young celebrities until this one.

I've never heard of him. Neither has Mckenzie...

Yeah I know.

I've never heard of him. Neither has Mckenzie...

That's why I said SOMEWHAT famous...

A lot of Americans have never really heard of him either. But amongst wrestling fans, he did have some name recognition. Obviously not in the level of The Rock, or even Chris Benoit for that matter, but he's fairly well known amongst WWE and entertainment fans.

That's why I said SOMEWHAT famous...

A lot of Americans have never really heard of him either. But amongst wrestling fans, he did have some name recognition. Obviously not in the level of The Rock, or even Chris Benoit for that matter, but he's fairly well known amongst WWE and entertainment fans.

I'd heard of him.

Thought he was older than 33.