Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Diane Holland has died aged 78.

BBC Obit...er...it was on the ticker thing. I thought I was the first to report it. :rolleyes:

The BBC - first for breaking news (hang on, isn't that Sky News?). Only six days late...

Died on the 24th Jan, so only 24 days late.

Jazz drummer Louie Bellson has died at the age of 84 from parkinson's disease. :lol:

Already reported here. Sorry to bang on :rolleyes: about this, but drummers of all types are a special breed and so have their own thread.

Guest Guest
Jazz drummer Louie Bellson has died at the age of 84 from parkinson's disease. :lol:

Already reported here. Sorry to bang on :rolleyes: about this, but drummers of all types are a special breed and so have their own thread.

*Ba doom ching*

James Bree dead

British (mostly tv) actor who was in everything from Doctor Who to James Bond (OHMSS), I Claudius to Rising Damp and everything in between.

Quite liked him. He was wonderfully over the top in the Doctor Who story "The War Games".

YAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNN!!!!

It's been a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll slow time for celebrity deaths lately.

The most significant celebrities to have died in the past few weeks ... are freakin' animals.

Anyway, two prominent celebrities have passed away. Both of them animals. You know that celebrity deaths have dried up lately when dead animals make the front page news.

Anyway, Mickey Rourke's pet dog has gone to doggie heaven:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag...ey-rourkes.html

And Travis, a once "famous" movie star animal, has been killed after going homicidal:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/...p-attack-1.html

Steve Dullaghan, bassist and songwriter with eighties indie band The Primitives, has died. They had a hit with "Crash" which made it to number five in the charts.

That's a downer, they were a good band albeit fairly short lived.

YAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNN!!!!

How acutely you've captured the collective impact of your whiny posting here, and I say that as one of the least interesting posters on this forum. When even I'm complaining that you're boring, you know that's bad. Nobody cares thats you haven't busted a nut over a fresh celebrity corpse lately. Seriously, all you ever post is your complaints that people aren't dying fast enough; go live in the Gaza Strip or Sub-Saharan Africa if you're really that bored or, better yet, recreate the experience of a celebrity death by scattering money around you and drinking the stuff under your sink.

And it's not even legitimate writing. Just today, one of the Arab language's greatest writers, Al-Tayyib Salih, died. I know those "dirty orientals" aren't of any value to you (as per your opinion on the Palestine-Israel conflict and how great it is that they're all dying), but I thought I'd point it out anyways.

P.S. Animal deaths go in the "animal antics" thread.

YAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNN!!!!

How acutely you've captured the collective impact of your whiny posting here, and I say that as one of the least interesting posters on this forum. When even I'm complaining that you're boring, you know that's bad. Nobody cares thats you haven't busted a nut over a fresh celebrity corpse lately. Seriously, all you ever post is your complaints that people aren't dying fast enough; go live in the Gaza Strip or Sub-Saharan Africa if you're really that bored or, better yet, recreate the experience of a celebrity death by scattering money around you and drinking the stuff under your sink.

And it's not even legitimate writing. Just today, one of the Arab language's greatest writers, Al-Tayyib Salih, died. I know those "dirty orientals" aren't of any value to you (as per your opinion on the Palestine-Israel conflict and how great it is that they're all dying), but I thought I'd point it out anyways.

P.S. Animal deaths go in the "animal antics" thread.

I love you too! :)

BTW, I have never once said it was great that all those Palestineans were dying in that conflict. I pointed out that b/c of Obama, the Israel-Palestine war abruptly ended.

P.S. I don't give a darn if you think I'm whiny. I like being whiny over the Interet. It lets off much steam. BTW, I'm tellin' ya, if we keep up this pace, 2009 is gonna be a veeeeeerrry slow year for celebrity deaths. At the rate we're going, the 2009 "In Memoriam" segments will include tributes to Jett Travolta, Travis the Chimp, and Mickey Rourke's dog. Seriously, dude.

The most significant celebrities to have died in the past few weeks ... are freakin' animals.

The meaning of significance itself originates in our perceptions. In this situation, I would say that you measure significance upon the viewpoint of a certain media outlet or with very high standards. In my eyes, you undervalue the death of others. Ultimately, you never see the big picture. I believe you think like a media outlet with high standards.

Steve Dullaghan, bassist and songwriter with eighties indie band The Primitives, has died. They had a hit with "Crash" which made it to number five in the charts.

I expect the value of my signed copy of Thru' the Flowers 12" (original Lazy Records version) has increased by at least 1p.

They were quite good, I remember whirling round the dancefloor at the local indie club night to Crash, happy times. I had a copy of their album, but, along with a bunch of records I nicked from my dad's shelf (including Abba's Arrival, I recall), I sold it at about age 15 to the local second hand record shop to procure funds for acid.

The Sun reported the death of Peter May, one of their best known sports photographers yesterday. Aged 68.

christopher lee is dead

Reveal your source

christopher lee is dead

Reveal your source

WIKIPEDIA TODAY

Wikipedia isn't that reliable.

christopher lee is dead

Reveal your source

WIKIPEDIA TODAY

Wikipedia isn't that reliable.

No source was given with the edit, so it looks like just vandilism.

IT WAS ON WIKIPEDIA I WAS JUST CHECKING ON HIS HEALTH,NOW IT CHANGED,DOES THIS NORMALLY HAPPEN? DIDNT MEAN TO MISLEAD PEOPLE

IT WAS ON WIKIPEDIA I WAS JUST CHECKING ON HIS HEALTH,NOW IT CHANGED,DOES THIS NORMALLY HAPPEN? DIDNT MEAN TO MISLEAD PEOPLE

It happens a lot, best thing to do is check any news reports first.

Welcome aboard dweezilpugwash

Guest Guest

capslock-s.jpg

Greetings dweezilpugwash.

Welcome aboard dweezilpugwash! If you see another one on Wrongpedia, check around some other news sources first. ....... Oh damn! Phantoms already told you, oh well. Welcome anyway.

Another day, another dead bassist - Kelly Groucutt of the Electric Light Orchestra , has died aged 63.