Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Country star Vern Gosdin has died at the age of 74. He made albums with Byrds Chris Hillman (he was one of his Hillmen) and Gene Clarke. He also wrote "Someone To Turn To" which appeared on the Easy Rider soundtrack, as well as writing possibily country music's only concept album 'Alone' which detailed the breakdown of his marriage.

Amnesty International's most recent cause célèbre, Iranian Delara Darabi, a talented artist, has been hanged at the age of twenty two for murder, a crime committed when she was only seventeen. Her boyfriend is widely believed to have been responsible for the killing, but he was convicted on lesser charges and got a ten year prison sentence.

Iran is one of the few remaining countries that still carries out the death penalty for crimes committed by those under the age of eighteen, something even their friend The Great Satan has managed to give up recently.

Amnesty International's most recent cause célèbre, Iranian Delara Darabi, a talented artist, has been hanged at the age of twenty two for murder, a crime committed when she was only seventeen. Her boyfriend is widely believed to have been responsible for the killing, but he was convicted on lesser charges and got a ten year prison sentence.

Iran is one of the few remaining countries that still carries out the death penalty for crimes committed by those under the age of eighteen, something even their friend The Great Satan has managed to give up recently.

Typical that the bloke gets off relatively lightly compared to the woman...

Vegas Legend Dies

Never heard of him myself

Strangely enough I've heard of him... he was performing in Vegas when I went there a few years ago... plus he was parodied on MXC (American dubbed Takeshi's Castle)

Albert Hamilton Gordon, one of the few remaining individuals who was working on Wall Street at the time of the crash that led to the great depression, has died at the age of 107.

I thought he was a DDP pick at some point, but apparently not...

Albert Hamilton Gordon, one of the few remaining individuals who was working on Wall Street at the time of the crash that led to the great depression, has died at the age of 107.

Picked this year by The End of the World As We Know It.

Aha... he's under "Hamilton Gordon"... tricky Octopus...

Anyhow, it'll be a first (and unique) hit for them if an obit surfaces, but I haven't seen one yet... (although apparentely, I wouldn't trust myself to find brisket in a BBQ house at this point... :) )

I think you're right. I picked him on my DDP.

I think you're right. I picked him on my DDP.

1st hit of the year was a long time coming Mr World As We Know It. Here's to more hits...

Former NFL quarterback turned prominent conservative politician Jack Kemp has died of cancer at the age of 73.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090503/ap_on_re_us/us_obit_kemp

Kemp was perhaps most remembered as Bob Dole's running mate in the 1996 US Presidential election. He was a significant leading figure in conservative politics. Besides being a former US congressman serving New York, he also served as the Housing and Urban Development Secretary under George H.W. Bush.

Guest fatso

Dom DeLuise is dead :)

Here's a link. It is TMZ, so I'd wait until it gets published somewhere else before reacting, but it's likely true. Too bad... I had been really excited when I heard he was declared cancer-free :)

Here's a link. It is TMZ, so I'd wait until it gets published somewhere else before reacting, but it's likely true. Too bad... I had been really excited when I heard he was declared cancer-free :)

That is a shame. Out of curiousity CP, does "worked with Gene Wilder" constitute a theme team in your Dead Pool

Dom DeLuise is dead :(

Here's a link. It is TMZ, so I'd wait until it gets published somewhere else before reacting, but it's likely true. Too bad... I had been really excited when I heard he was declared cancer-free :unsure:

That is a shame. Out of curiousity CP, does "worked with Gene Wilder" constitute a theme team in your Dead Pool

It sure would.

And while I'm in the thread, Venetia Phair, the woman who named Pluto, has died at the age of 90.

Dom DeLuise is dead

And while I'm in the thread, Venetia Phair, the woman who named Pluto, has died at the age of 90.

Real, real shame about DeLuise. I have many, many happy memories of his roles in the Cannonball Run, Fievel Goes West & his Mel Brooks films as both a kid, and a young adult. :unsure: Although I had heard he was getting better, positive news on him had been very short on the ground.

As for Phair, I remember that story.. from what.. 3 or 4 years ago? :(

Dom DeLuise is dead

Real, real shame about DeLuise. I have many, many happy memories of his roles in the Cannonball Run, Fievel Goes West & his Mel Brooks films as both a kid, and a young adult. :unsure: Although I had heard he was getting better, positive news on him had been very short on the ground.

Max Mosely's son, Alexander, has died of a drugs overdose aged 39 years.

Dom DeLuise is dead

He's definitely a great loss. He was a sentimental childhood favorite for many Americans.

Though to be frank, it's a miracle in itself that he lived to be 75, especially considering his weight and numerous health problems. I thought he was headed for an early grave, but he still lived a fairly long life.

He's probably the biggest and most recognizable name to die this year (so far). At least in my book.