Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

Post Of The Month

In order to save trolling through the last years posts, I thought I'd start a 'post of the month' thread and the winners could go through to the monkeys award at the end of the year.

Nominations please!

In order to save trolling through the last years posts, I thought I'd start a 'post of the month' thread and the winners could go through to the monkeys award at the end of the year.

Nominations please!

Good idea, although I always find it a little tricky, because some of the witty barbs are in the context of some subject or other

and so when it's taken out of context, it doesn't have the same purchase. For example, see CP's little spat with Deadly Doug...

If Jade makes it to 2010, then this Doubting Ronnie Cowboy Ronnieesque effort from GR is my post of the year, let alone month.

I'm a little skeptical .. but just like the Oscars later tonight, a shocker must be waiting behind those curtains..

At the risk of causing controversy which I do not. . . I would like to nominate the post of the helecopter cat in "art for deaths sake" thread. In my (not always) humble opinion it is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time and about the only idea of what to do with your corps after you are dead that rivels being cremated and having your ashes shot out of a cannon (I am already sketching a design for a larger version, that should disturb someone!)

I do not wish to reopen a debate that is considered closed by the moderators their judgment has my full respect, I just feel that the post I refere to is much more in tune with what I believe this forum is about.

Best regards

Syd

Devon's pitiful apology to one of our recent, disgusting guests is a little embarrassing to say the least. The first line of the guest's remark is a direct insult (or something of which he is not very fond of) while his second line was a reality statement (one of which is probably obvious, or close to being accurate). It has never been apart of his routine to contribute anything that a media outlet would reject as being "insignificant" and if so he would converse. I don't know if the suggestion was against his will but I doubt he considered that such a remark was actually at the beginning of the sentence made by the guest. The multitude of apologies and explanations never should have happened because of this.

Spade cooley's 'peter falk has alzheimer's' comment/ joke always makes me laugh . This is the third time he has suffered from this disease now poor old peter thoughts and prayers are with him . :)

You missed the b ) that turn into sun glasses.

Lard's eagle-eyed observation.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/2042-kanye-west/#entry281831

When are we gonna get everything fixed?

Swear Filter

Video embedding

Missing topic descriptions

Clock

Are there any I've missed?

Swear filter- when I can next be arsed to switch it off.

Video embedding - getting worked on

Missing topic description - probably gone forever, possibly due to upgrade.

Clock - we had a clock?

Chat - haven't a fucking clue.

Chat works? It just takes about 2 minutes to load at this end. It's only really used en masse once a year anyhow.

Chat works? It just takes about 2 minutes to load at this end. It's only really used en masse once a year anyhow.

Might pop in later then.

Might pop in later then.

Deleted per request.

• Like 1

Lard's eagle-eyed observation.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/2042-kanye-west/#entry281831

Swear Filter

Video embedding

Clock

I'm really not that bothered about it, I just was curious as to how Paul's post wasn't censored when all the others aren't?

Lard's eagle-eyed observation.https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/2042-kanye-west/#entry281831

Swear Filter

Video embedding

Clock

I'm really not that bothered about it, I just was curious as to how Paul's post wasn't censored when all the others aren't?

I assume it's down to Admin privileges.

Not that I care bar the swear filter, but just give Cat the buttons, even for a week.

• Like 1

Not that I care bar the swear filter, but just give Cat the buttons, even for a week.

Perhaps we should all have a go on a weekly rota basis! With the condition that whatever changes that week's admin makes, stay forever 😄

• Like 2

An idea....

I can't do it because of a shitty internet connection...

Create a thread for the banned sweaty words, sticky it for ease if access, and post pics of the banned words.

Easy to c&p from there to your posts as images :)

Problem sorted until the cunting thing is fixed.

• Like 1

An idea....

I can't do it because of a shitty internet connection...

Create a thread for the banned sweaty words, sticky it for ease if access, and post pics of the banned words.

Easy to c&p from there to your posts as images :)

Problem sorted until the cunting thing is fixed.

Or we could just make up our own swear words, that's what Viz had to do when they weren't allowed to put f uck on the cover, Sweary Mary had to say 'fitbin' instead.

Fartbungle

Schitzling

Treblewang

Conknobble

Nah, that makes it an in joke.

The point of a swear filter is to deny folk the chance of using common day language. Usually it is a resource used by fascists, or lefty lesbo single mum boiler suit wearing types. Or teachers.

I'm in reasonable coverage tomorrow, so may give it a go.

I know there oodles of sweary images out there, but to make it seem normal, I'll type out a sweary in the reply box, screenshot it, crop to actual size , and post.

That way it'll look as if it is natural I hope.

Plus it will expand my repotoire..

• Like 1

Nah, that makes it an in joke.

The point of a swear filter is to deny folk the chance of using common day language. Usually it is a resource used by fascists, or lefty lesbo single mum boiler suit wearing types. Or teachers.

I'm in reasonable coverage tomorrow, so may give it a go.

I know there oodles of sweary images out there, but to make it seem normal, I'll type out a sweary in the reply box, screenshot it, crop to actual size , and post.

That way it'll look as if it is natural I hope.

Plus it will expand my repotoire..

This is an interesting idea, Charon. It sort of reminds me of when I wanted to re-design my signature for my second DDP season. Instead of the commonly used [/ s] tags that strike dead celebs, I was looking for an option that crosses the names like "X" instead of "-". I couldn't find an in-built code for that, so I made two pictures instead that I have used ever since. I think it blends in well with the forum background so I think your idea could also be implemented neatly.

Alas, I have not had any reasons to update my sig often this year, but that's another story. :glare::(

• Like 1

Best DL gimmick 2016:

• rockhopperpenguin: Last Word stan
  • Sir Creep: Angry American shitposter with a penchant for digging up dead threads
  • joeyruss: roeyjuss
  • Like 4

Are we doing yearly awards this year?