Garn2

The Simpsons

If it was true they'd just find new voice actors for all the characters. Nothing is stopping the money train.

28 minutes ago, tracy said:

Denied.

The tell here is in the response more than what he says in it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Yeah. She can't do the Marge voice at all anymore. It's clearly gotten much worse than it was before. Not that I think she is dying I just think she clearly can't do the show anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Yeah. She can't do the Marge voice at all anymore. It's clearly gotten much worse than it was before. Not that I think she is dying I just think she clearly can't do the show anymore. 

Apparently she's not the only VA getting complaints. Skinner sounded off in that episode as well...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comped said:

Apparently she's not the only VA getting complaints. Skinner sounded off in that episode as well...

Tbh in that clip Homer sounded a bit off as well. Like his voice has lost a bit of the homer edge and smoothed out a bit. Still sounds like homer but yeah everyone in that show is getting too old to play their roles 

Sadly it's gone on far too long. The greatest show of it's time in the heyday. I reckon all the voices will be AI soon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

Sadly it's gone on far too long. The greatest show of it's time in the heyday. I reckon all the voices will be AI soon.

Yep, show should've ended in 1999

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Tbh in that clip Homer sounded a bit off as well. Like his voice has lost a bit of the homer edge and smoothed out a bit. Still sounds like homer but yeah everyone in that show is getting too old to play their roles 

Homer, however, still broadly sounds the same as he did post-season 1 or so (when his voice morphed into the one we know today). Fairly easy to keep consistent in comparison to Marge as well.

I worked in customer service for a few years and always looked at people's birthyear. There, I noticed that theres some age line in people's late 60s, at which you can tell from their voice that they are past that age line. It really is a thing that almost no one before their early 60s has but everyone of 70+. Some kind of raspiness in the voice.
And, well, looking at the voice actors of the Simpsons, there's many in that age range, Homer's voice actor is getting there too.

Would be the easiest to soon just replace them with AI that imitates their old voices.

• Like 1

Update: Out of curiosity I decided to check out the episode in question to see just how bad the voices have gotten. Julie Kavner is REALLY bad. She consistently sounds exactly like what she sounds in the video Spade. Not once throughout the entire episode did she sound like Marge at all. Another posted here mentioned reports of Skinner sounding off and I can verify that claim. Skinner sounds like an 80 year old man now. The first scene he appears in is so weird because he sounds like Skinner at the start and then the voice gradually goes deeper.

2 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Update: Out of curiosity I decided to check out the episode in question to see just how bad the voices have gotten. Julie Kavner is REALLY bad. She consistently sounds exactly like what she sounds in the video Spade. Not once throughout the entire episode did she sound like Marge at all. Another posted here mentioned reports of Skinner sounding off and I can verify that claim. Skinner sounds like an 80 year old man now. The first scene he appears in is so weird because he sounds like Skinner at the start and then the voice gradually goes deeper.

Harry Shearer is 80 now.

I remember reading that Kavner has had a bump on her vocal cords which gave her the distinctly raspy voice.She declined surgery as it could have ruined her career.Whether the consequences of declining the surgery have led to the deterioration in her voice all these years later.I have always wondered whether Kavner is a smoker.also due to her voice although that is rare for voice actors due to the damage it does to the voice ( and we probably all wondered that at some point as Patty , Selma and Jacqueline Bouvier all smoked like Chinneys).Marge.now sounds like her mother with a very bad head cold.