Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

8 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I think it's roughly the fame standards of the Poker Tourney but any reputable news source is a-ok, regardless of language. Just look at all the "very well known in their homeland, nonentities elsewhere" names JiroemonKimura scored with this year.

That’s why there was one pick that legitimately surprised me that they were rejected. And before you ask, it’s not Marieke Vervoort...

31 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I think it's roughly the fame standards of the Poker Tourney but any reputable news source is a-ok, regardless of language. Just look at all the "very well known in their homeland, nonentities elsewhere" names JiroemonKimura scored with this year.

Which is why I was surprised Carmen Franco - very famous in Spain - got turned down, as did one headline news type from the UK*. But it's their pool, their rules!

*This turned out a blessing in disguise, of course.

Franco was probably rejected because she was really only notable for being related to a family member, which they said in the rules they would reject.

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Franco was probably rejected because she was really only notable for being related to a family member, which they said in the rules they would reject.

Aye, like Prince Edward!

:D

So, question: is the annual Deathlist New Years chat around the reveal of the new Deathlist 50 happening, and if so, how, given we don't have a chat function anymore? iirc (and i probably don't), DI set up some chat thingy last Hogmanay?

1 minute ago, msc said:

So, question: is the annual Deathlist New Years chat around the reveal of the new Deathlist 50 happening, and if so, how, given we don't have a chat function anymore? iirc (and i probably don't), DI Phantom of the Midway set up some chat thingy last Hogmanay?

FTFY, and IIRC, he used another chat website last time to discuss the picks. Don't know which one though...

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

FTFY, and IIRC, he used another chat website last time to discuss the picks. Don't know which one though...

From my research, he used xat last year after the other chat that was created was deleted or abandoned due to some random people (not morbidkid for once) that we don't know were talking about some nasty stuff or something...

On 20/07/2009 at 21:36, Lard Bazaar said:

I used to love Alton Towers, then I had kids and suddenly turned into a geet big fairy. Absolutely shitted myself on a ferris wheel a couple of years ago, and the bastard gypo fairground rider could see I was crapping it so stopped it while I was right at the top. Bastard.

• Confused 1

FWIW, I checked the Xat Radders created and I still have my moderator powers in it. (if no one did, we'd be shit out of luck with Rad being away till after the new year, and he was the chat's only admin!) So we could still use that this year.

https://xat.com/Deathlisters

I forgot my login to that and can't seem to find a way to make a new account for some reason...

EDIT: I think I figured it out now. 

Ah it works and I'm even still signed in. Brilliant work, Death Impends!

Controversial breaking news on the 2018 Deathlist there, too. :D

Oh wait, I'm on a different computer now, that's why I'm not logged in. Can you add me to the chat Death Impends?

I tried to log on to my old laggy computer where I logged on the Deathlisters chat in hopes that I could log on to my account, only to hit a screen that it's stuck on before I could even open Chrome. Drats. 

I tried logging on to this computer for the chat, but it says that it requires a password, which I have no memory. I also apparently haven't saved an email on there so I could check the password. Does anyone remember the password to this chat? Please and thank you. :) 

Didn't recall there being a password. Worse comes to worse I might just create a separate Xat if the password thing isn't resolved. But that won't be till tomorrow so we have a bit of time to figure it out...

1 hour ago, Pampams said:

Why? Why quote an eight year old post but say nothing? 

• Like 1

@Death Impends Do you have an update on the Xat situation?

Can anyone else try entering the Xat and see if it works? Only msc and I have successfully posted thus far.

If no dice within a half hour I'll create a separate xat

On 12/30/2017 at 21:25, Joey Russ said:

I tried to log on to my old laggy computer where I logged on the Deathlisters chat in hopes that I could log on to my account, only to hit a screen that it's stuck on before I could even open Chrome. Drats. 

I tried logging on to this computer for the chat, but it says that it requires a password, which I have no memory. I also apparently haven't saved an email on there so I could check the password. Does anyone remember the password to this chat? Please and thank you. :) 

Does anything here help?

Had tried earlier with 3 browsers on android. No dice. Plugins etc......

Ah well....

^ Reading that password retrieval link above, "we reply within 5 days" might NOT be the advice Joey was looking for...

• Like 1

@Joey Russ Dead Cow says he had to take a few measures to get in the chat, he thinks blocking cookies might've did it. Might want to try that out?

I tried it out. No dice unfortunately. 

I actually tried going into other chats. I think it might have to do with the computer itself, which I have no control to change instead of not being able to log in, which means I can't view any chats on Xat. :(