Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

1 minute ago, time said:

One of my favourite ever tweets, from when Twitter was a kinder, gentler place.

I’m a little bit annoyed I didn’t recognise the (repurposed) joke, I love Quimbly’s tweets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Think msc has the answer. Ah, the internet, where you can get access to anything and everything, as long as you look at stuff with the right browser, the right Government, managing or allowing cookies, etc etc etc.

Yep. Tried to 'live chat' with my bank this morning (on account of them having removed most of the branches, and left work-experience kids to staff the remaining). The 'bot-chat' pointed me to the 'Chat With an Agent' button, which didn't exist on my chrome-based browser, but miraculously appeared using MS Edge. 

• Like 1

Thank fuck for Kathy Burke. Love her so much.

• Like 1

The issue I have with it is the apparent attitude that it's something new.  "Woke" makes it sound like we have to be woken from our ignorance.  Many of us have always cared about social equality and don't need lectures from young whippersnappers who assume that everyone of middle age and above needs to be educated. 

(Not that Kathy Burke could be described as such)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

The issue I have with it is the apparent attitude that it's something new.  "Woke" makes it sound like we have to be woken from our ignorance.  Many of us have always cared about social equality and don't need lectures from young whippersnappers who assume that everyone of middle age and above needs to be educated. 

(Not that Kathy Burke could be described as such)

It’s not accusatory, it just means you are awake to social injustice. The apparent attitude you speak of stems from those who describe themselves as ‘anti-woke’ for whatever reason; that is the point where the twisting and degrading of the word ‘woke’ began. Woke has been a word since before us “whippersnappers” were around.

7 hours ago, TQR said:

Woke has been a word since before us “whippersnappers” were around.

True, but it's clear that its specific application to social injustices is very recent.

OED:

image.png.93455dd1da6e37102f39605dc82c7402.png

I did it... for  the first time in my life I am using a trading account. I put 100 Euros in there and bought 10 Dogecoin and Deutsche Bank stock.

Luckily, a few hours after I bought them, Elon Musk changed the Twitter logo to the Doge. Meaning my 70 cent investment increased in value by 20% within hours, from 7 cents to 9 cents. I'm rich.

• Haha 1

A couple of weeks ago I was told I passed my final research paper, which means I have obtained my bachelor at university! :lol: It's something I'm quite happy with. And all of that while taking part in deathpools, talking about having priorities ;)

And this evening I got the news we'll get a kitten, she'll be welcomed in our home in May if everything goes to plan. It'll be the first time we have a cat since our last one passed away aged 17 at the end of 2021. It will be quite a change to suddenly have such a young animal at home but I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 14

Been experimenting with AI websites and now found myself with an Icon that is suitable for this forum mixed with my like of Doctor Who.

• Like 2

Just when you think Twitter couldn't get any worse, the site has disabled search access to anonymous users, absolute bullshit I tell you. Now I can no longer investigate, search for info or find any updates on DL picks and other potential DL candidates over there.

Think it's safe to say at this rate it won't be long before we see Twitter's name in the Crashing Companies thread.

• Like 2

The funniest person ever to have lived, Sean Lock, would’ve been 60 today. Twitter is awash with clip compilations like this. Might have to watch one of his live shows or maybe 15 Storeys High over the weekend.

A couple of very surprising recent Twitter Blue subscribers.

F7340A55-E396-46D3-ABEA-EE2B64132AA9.thumb.jpeg.1067ccecbaf8eabeea49c217a7a43b13.jpeg

4ACCB690-7C0D-4363-B9F2-68953130564F.thumb.jpeg.1b22719feaf6ce4aa1d43415677dc711.jpeg

9 minutes ago, TQR said:

A couple of very surprising recent Twitter Blue subscribers.

F7340A55-E396-46D3-ABEA-EE2B64132AA9.thumb.jpeg.1067ccecbaf8eabeea49c217a7a43b13.jpeg

4ACCB690-7C0D-4363-B9F2-68953130564F.thumb.jpeg.1b22719feaf6ce4aa1d43415677dc711.jpeg

Elon is subscribing them to it. Kobe did an interview years ago saying how much he admires Elon. idk about Anthony Bourdain, but Elon is probably a fan.

https://time.com/6273595/twitter-verified-blue-checks-elon-musk/

Elon Musk says he's personally paying to keep a few celebs verified on Twitter

“My Twitter account says I’ve subscribed to Twitter Blue. I haven’t. My Twitter account says I’ve given a phone number. I haven’t,” Stephen King tweeted Thursday. “Just so you know.”

19 minutes ago, lilham said:

Elon is subscribing them to it. Kobe did an interview years ago saying how much he admires Elon. idk about Anthony Bourdain, but Elon is probably a fan.

https://time.com/6273595/twitter-verified-blue-checks-elon-musk/

Elon Musk says he's personally paying to keep a few celebs verified on Twitter

“My Twitter account says I’ve subscribed to Twitter Blue. I haven’t. My Twitter account says I’ve given a phone number. I haven’t,” Stephen King tweeted Thursday. “Just so you know.”

My point was that the silly cunt probably shouldn’t claim they verified their phone numbers, should he

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

My point was that the silly cunt probably shouldn’t claim they verified their phone numbers, should he

Oh definitely not. I hope the estates sue him. And also everyone else he is making these false claims about.

• Like 2

Quite a few 'celebs' displaying the blue tick today, all claiming to not have subscribed (which I believe to be true) - Dara O'Briain, Ian McKellan, Rylan, are some I've seen. The theory being that if he gives Blue ticks back to heavily-followed accounts, it will deter people from auto-blocking subscribed accounts (so you'll still get to see all the neo-nazi/anti-vaxxers/nwo conspiracy theorists who have paid).

• Like 1

Anyone else in the UK suddenly have this come up on their phone?

93316DE2-2A10-435F-AB86-AAD3E3AA3B16.jpeg.c60119f756a6c69f8a371b752a249ed9.jpeg

6 hours ago, time said:

Quite a few 'celebs' displaying the blue tick today, all claiming to not have subscribed (which I believe to be true) - Dara O'Briain, Ian McKellan, Rylan, are some I've seen. The theory being that if he gives Blue ticks back to heavily-followed accounts, it will deter people from auto-blocking subscribed accounts (so you'll still get to see all the neo-nazi/anti-vaxxers/nwo conspiracy theorists who have paid).

Apparently anyone with over 1 million followers is automatic blue tick. Which nobody was told about a week ago. Sounds like Twitter HQ realised all these famous people were not going to pay and thought about this last minute.

Jacksepticeye meanwhile hates it and has changed his profile so is back to not having a blue tick.

• Like 1

OH woke me up in the early hours as I’d contorted myself into the shape of a pretzel in my sleep. Too late; my mid-back now hurts so much I could cry.

I’m so shit at sleeping it’s unreal.

• Like 2

My wife is clearing out some of her books....

I wonder what prompted that?

20230518_132107.jpg

• Like 1

Our mortgages are fucked, our bills are so ruinous millions of us struggle to survive, our waters are 85% turd and we’re being governed by incompetent fascist liars. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HOLLY WILLOUGHBY GOING BACK TO FUCKING WORK.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TQR said:

Our mortgages are fucked, our bills are so ruinous millions of us struggle to survive, our waters 85% turd and we’re being governed by incompetent fascist liars. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HOLLY WILLOUGHBY GOING BACK TO FUCKING WORK.

You missed an apostrophe out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, time said:

You missed an apostrophe out.

Our mortgages are fucked, our bills are so ruinous millions of us struggle to survive, our waters are 85% turd and we’re being governed by incompetent fascist liars. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT A MINOR FUCKING OMISSION.

• Haha 1

Heading up to Scotland tomorrow for work I will have my phone with me so I will be checking in and voting on KorS but any significant updates on Scavvy will need to wait till Thursday

• Like 1