football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

For those of you that are unsure whether Dominick Dunne may not an obit...

This article suggests he will...

Of course he'll get an obit, because I left him off my team thinking that he wouldn't. Just like I left Sir Dai off my team thinking that he wouldn't die. :D

For those of you that are unsure whether Dominick Dunne may not an obit...

This article suggests he will...

Of course he'll get an obit, because I left him off my team thinking that he wouldn't. Just like I left Sir Dai off my team thinking that he wouldn't die. :D

I just think he'll die this year, he was only diagnosed nine months ago and bladder cancer takes quite a while to kick in. It's much nearer to prostate than pancreas on the "good to bad cancer scale for deadpoolers"

He'll probably drop dead tomorrow now I've said that.

Supreme Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has had surgery for Pancreatic Cancer...

Link

Update on her cancer chances here.

Rabbi Lionel Blue, 79, was on Radio 4's "Thought For The Day" slot this morning. He was bemoaning his poor health and said he's been in and out of hospital recently, he went on to wonder if he would reach his eightieth birthday and enjoy the extra 25p a week this would give him on his state pension.

My flippancy in a previous post has inadvertently thrown up a possibility for 2010 in the form of Shih Kien, a veteran of numerous martial arts films, and who is best known in the West for playing the villainous Han in Enter the Dragon. Despite being rumoured to have died ten years ago, he is still very much alive and turned 96 last month. Obit chances are probably a bit dicey though.

I think Chris Brown could end up killing himself.

After beating up girlfriend Rihanna his career is pretty much over i guess and he's had threats from Jay-Z and other stars apparently, and a martial arts expert publicly offered him a fight.

They released a picture today of Rihanna all bruised which will provoke more uproar probably.

He seems like the type of pent up aggressive irrational kind of guy with impulsive lashing outs, so could do himself him with all the shame and pressure on him.

Who knows.

Rabbi Lionel Blue, 79, was on Radio 4's "Thought For The Day" slot this morning. He was bemoaning his poor health and said he's been in and out of hospital recently, he went on to wonder if he would reach his eightieth birthday and enjoy the extra 25p a week this would give him on his state pension.

It always comes down to money, doesn't it :lol:

Link

Despite the above, there's at least one senator who thinks she's on the way out.

And it's Ginsburg, just so that we'll have an easier time finding this next time.

Link

Despite the above, there's at least one senator who thinks she's on the way out.

And it's Ginsburg, just so that we'll have an easier time finding this next time.

She walked into the joint session of Congress tonight under her own power. She doesn't look great, but she doesn't look dead either.

Normally I don't suggest nobodies for the ideas & possibilities thread but I think this girl's stupidity makes her a worthy DDP pick, even though she is famous for being ill:

I want to look like Demi Moore when I die....

Normally I wouldn't even have bothered with this story, but at the place where I work, we received an e-mail this morning requesting - and I quote -

My name is Lisa Connell. I wanted to get in contact with you as I have recently been featured in the Sunday Mirror see my story here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...115875-21141814

This story has hit the headlines of newspapers worldwide and generated a huge amount of interest from newspapers and magazine nationally and further afield.

It has also generated a vast amount of traffic to my site http://www.rentadateforcharity.com

We are looking for a holiday company to donate a holiday package for myself and a few friends/family to be able to go away to recuperate after surgery and also to keep out of the media eye until recovered. Surgery is due to take place in the next couple of weeks.

Be interesting if she gets any take up - what with holiday companies struggling as it is....

Normally I don't suggest nobodies for the ideas & possibilities thread but I think this girl's stupidity makes her a worthy DDP pick, even though she is famous for being ill:

Normally I wouldn't even have bothered with this story, but at the place where I work, we received an e-mail this morning requesting - and I quote -

My name is Lisa Connell. I wanted to get in contact with you as I have recently been featured in the Sunday Mirror see my story here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...115875-21141814

This story has hit the headlines of newspapers worldwide and generated a huge amount of interest from newspapers and magazine nationally and further afield.

It has also generated a vast amount of traffic to my site http://www.rentadateforcharity.com

We are looking for a holiday company to donate a holiday package for myself and a few friends/family to be able to go away to recuperate after surgery and also to keep out of the media eye until recovered. Surgery is due to take place in the next couple of weeks.

Be interesting if she gets any take up - what with holiday companies struggling as it is....

Buggering hell, that is full-on tragic, miscarriage, brain-tumour and two suicide bids. The one consolation is that a certain percantage of the population will suffer all of those tragic circumstances so when they stack up on one life it does make it - marginally - safer for the rest of us.

Speaking of safety, I'd advise mucho caution for deadpoolers where the aspiring Demi is concerned. The Daily Mirror have form in this area. They are the prick-teasing posse who ran a massive story on the 'Last Christmas of Tragic Cancer Mum,' Rachel Jones and then couldn't be arsed running a single word on her death. Denying DDP points including a unique pick bonus to yours truly.

She won't get anything when Jade Goody is still on the scrounge...

Guest Peter

Has deathlist ever considered tracking their misses each year. Seeing as there is the rule about no more than 25 from last years list being included in the next year that means there is generally a pool of famous names that have been bumped for refusing to play the game over the years. I think it would be interesting to see the count each year of those who chose to checkout when they were not listed.

Dick Clark

For the ABC New Year's Eve 2007-08, and 2008-09 appearances, Clark still exhibited noticeably slurred and somewhat breathless speech (which appear to be permanent), but improved from previous years, in addition to using his arms again. For the 2008-09 broadcast, he increased his hosting duties to the point where he split duties roughly evenly with Seacrest during the half-hour leading up to the ball drop. (In previous years following the stroke, Clark had only hosted the countdown and one brief segment.)

The improvement before death.

Ed McMahon hospitalized in Los AngelesFeb. 27, 2009, 1:46 PM ESTLOS ANGELES (AP) -- A spokesman for Ed McMahon says the television personality is in intensive care in a Los Angeles hospital.

Spokesman Howard Bragman says the 85-year-old former "Tonight Show" sidekick has been hospitalized for a number of weeks, and has pneumonia and other unspecified ailments.

Ed McMahon hospitalized in Los AngelesFeb. 27, 2009, 1:46 PM ESTLOS ANGELES (AP) -- A spokesman for Ed McMahon says the television personality is in intensive care in a Los Angeles hospital.

Spokesman Howard Bragman says the 85-year-old former "Tonight Show" sidekick has been hospitalized for a number of weeks, and has pneumonia and other unspecified ailments.

Some of the other reports also claim that he has bone cancer. If true, he's not likely to make it much past his 86th birthday, which is too bad. A class act, from what I've heard.

Some of the other reports also claim that he has bone cancer. If true, he's not likely to make it much past his 86th birthday, which is too bad. A class act, from what I've heard.

It looks like said cancer could've been the result of mold in his house.

We haven't had a famous American celebrity die since James Whitmore so I'd say that it's about time...

Ed McMahon is gonna die soon. An 85 year old rarely survives pneumonia.... He's also had a myriad of health problems for years and his financial struggles haven't helped him one bit...

It's probably time for him to go. He's led a great life and while I'll certainly miss him, I won't be sad b/c I know he's had an otherwise great life even if his last few years have been dire...

I read today that Chris Morris, edgy comedy mastermind who's profile has dropped of late, is working on a movie about Islamic Jihadists. It's his usual documentary style black humour and deals with the way Jihadists combine deep faith with - his word - being 'berks.' Morris has always delighted in stirring things and with his own recent output getting the worst reviews possible - people said it was 'ok,' when he'd probably have been happier if they'd said it was the worst they've ever seen - and movies like Borat taking the Morris style and making serious money, maybe he'll push things too far and one of the 'berks' will take exception.

Scottish minor comedian and bit part actor Doug Healy is suffering from brain cancer. I don't think he's all that famous, his daughter is the "glamour model" who slept with Ashley Cole, but that doesn't really count for much in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, his plight has been mentioned several times in The Scotsman newspaper, which is now an eligible source of obits for DDP points, so I thought I would make him a bit more famous by putting his name on this thread...

Apparently, actor Gene Barry is in hospital for the last two weeks following a heart attack...

No news link as yet...

Peter Tork from The Monkees has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer.

Interesting. The Monkees are that rare breed of 60s bands who

a. Didn't change personnel and

b. Are all present and correct 40-odd years down the line...

The Monkees were manufactured and - therefore - short-lived but they DID change their line up, shrinking to a trio (minus Mike) and a duo (minus Mike and Peter), both diminished line ups made albums, though the less said about those albums the better.

Interesting, mind, on the day Ringo and Paul announce an onstage reunion, significant sixties bands with static line ups and a fully breathing membership as of today:

Simon and Garfunkel.............

ZZ Top (formed 1969, so more a 70s/80s band)

I'm struggling beyond that.

The Monkees were manufactured and - therefore - short-lived but they DID change their line up, shrinking to a trio (minus Mike) and a duo (minus Mike and Peter), both diminished line ups made albums, though the less said about those albums the better.

Interesting, mind, on the day Ringo and Paul announce an onstage reunion, significant sixties bands with static line ups and a fully breathing membership as of today:

Simon and Garfunkel.............

ZZ Top (formed 1969, so more a 70s/80s band)

I'm struggling beyond that.

The Kinks....