football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

Lawrence Lucie, born 1907.

American jazz guitarist, played along-side such notable musicians like Billie Holiday, DUke Ellington, and Benny Carter... he'll be clocking 102 years in december.

William 'The Fridge' Perry has a faulty thermostat.

Guillain-Barre Syndrome is a rare condition that occurs when immune system cells mistakenly attack nerve cells that support the muscles. Symptoms include weakness or tingling in the legs, which may spread to the arms and upper body. In the most severe cases, GBS can lead to paralysis and death.

G'Day fellow death-listers.

Hope everyone had a good Easter, or at least a good holiday.

mine was quite eventful and it has prompted me to propose an idea to the forum, but first I will recount the events of Easter Monday.

I had gone home to celebrate Easter with my family, as one does. As the weekend progressed I caught up with my cousin (who I hardly see these days) and in a vain attempt to recapture our youth, we decided to put the afternoon of Easter Monday aside and go fishing. We scouted our old fishing spots but moved on as, due to the drought, they were sub-par. My cousin suggested that we try a new spot; the billabong at the railway bridge. When we arrived we could not get a good casting spot, so we climbed up the river bank and decided to cast our lines from the bridge. The bridge spans a gap that is roughly 100 meters (328 feet) give or take and the distance from the bridge to the river is about 4 floors down, its a deep gap. After about 45 minutes of uneventful fishing I was on my second beer, I just happened to look down the track to see a train rushing towards us. At first I thought I was seeing things but my cousin quickly confirmed I wasn't and so began a frenzied run off the bridge. I would like to stop the story here and mention that due to a sporting injury in my youth I'm crippled in the left leg and need the aid of a walking cane, naturally sprinting is difficult for me. Despite this I managed to keep my pace and we made it off no more than five seconds before the train thundered past.

So in need of clean undies we retrieved our gear which was still on the bridge, all that was left was my cousins tackle box and my cooler bag with the beer, I'd left it in the middle of the tracks. Our rods, my cane and my tacklebox were either destroyed by the train or lost at the bottom of the river. I do not know what possessed us to do such a stupid thing and a lot of people reading this will probably agree on the stupidity. but we came through it safely and I'm a bit wiser for the experience (next time I'll take a train schedule).

I would like to know; if I start a thread (hopefully I won't bullocks it up this time) where deathlisters can post their near death experiences, in the spirit of the Darwin Awards, would you guys post there?

From the website of football statto Tony Kempster

by Tony Kempster on Thu 23 Apr 2009 08:43 BST

"Saw my consultant yesterday for the results of my scan and, as I expected, the tumour on my liver has shown significant growth. It is now deteriorating quite quickly and the consultant told me that it is very unlikely that I will survive into 2010. In fact, it will probably be sooner than that.

Sorry to put this as bluntly as I have but there really is no other way of saying it.

I am currently still feeling good as I am on the steroids and we will make the most of each day as it comes before the deterioration sets in.

As for my football site, I will be freezing it at the end of the current season and there will be no more updates after that.

Not a lot more to say really."

That's a shame re. Kempster. His non-league website has been, in the past, an extremely useful site due to his dedication & diligence.

I'd be surprised if he gets any obits to make it worth any DP'rs while though - a big fish in a very, very small pond.

That's a shame re. Kempster. His non-league website has been, in the past, an extremely useful site due to his dedication & diligence.

I'd be surprised if he gets any obits to make it worth any DP'rs while though - a big fish in a very, very small pond.

Yeah, well he'll be losing a pound or two over the next few months so that pond will get a little roomier.

Howard Webb, if he sets foot anywhere near Anfield. A complete and utter tool.

The Premier League is bent...

I hope Rooney shows an ounce of dignity and hands his Best Player bottle of champagne to the real Manure hero...Howard the Duck.

I hope Rooney shows an ounce of dignity and hands his Best Player bottle of champagne to the real Manure hero...Howard the Duck.

Are there no Utd fans on the DL at all? I always knew it was a quality site.

Anyway, a solid 20-0 win next week should keep Chester in the Football League.

Debbie Nelson, mother of the rapper Eminem, is rumoured to be "dying from stage four breast cancer".

Debbie Nelson is now in remission from breast cancer. The bad news for her, but the good news for the three teams who picked her for the DDP, is that she's dying from heart problems instead.

Debbie Nelson, mother of the rapper Eminem, is rumoured to be "dying from stage four breast cancer".

Debbie Nelson is now in remission from breast cancer. The bad news for her, but the good news for the three teams who picked her for the DDP, is that she's dying from heart problems instead.

This publicity seeking prick-tease let me down big-style last year, so I threw her out in favour of more reliable f**k-ups, like Gazza.

Despite Rotten Ali's detailed charts and percentage planning of picks, this isn't an exact science, is it?

mine was quite eventful and it has prompted me to propose an idea to the forum, but first I will recount the events of Easter Monday.

I had gone home to celebrate Easter with my family, as one does. As the weekend progressed I caught up with my cousin (who I hardly see these days) and in a vain attempt to recapture our youth, we decided to put the afternoon of Easter Monday aside and go fishing. We scouted our old fishing spots but moved on as, due to the drought, they were sub-par. My cousin suggested that we try a new spot; the billabong at the railway bridge. When we arrived we could not get a good casting spot, so we climbed up the river bank and decided to cast our lines from the bridge. The bridge spans a gap that is roughly 100 meters (328 feet) give or take and the distance from the bridge to the river is about 4 floors down, its a deep gap. After about 45 minutes of uneventful fishing I was on my second beer, I just happened to look down the track to see a train rushing towards us. At first I thought I was seeing things but my cousin quickly confirmed I wasn't and so began a frenzied run off the bridge. I would like to stop the story here and mention that due to a sporting injury in my youth I'm crippled in the left leg and need the aid of a walking cane, naturally sprinting is difficult for me. Despite this I managed to keep my pace and we made it off no more than five seconds before the train thundered past.

So in need of clean undies we retrieved our gear which was still on the bridge, all that was left was my cousins tackle box and my cooler bag with the beer, I'd left it in the middle of the tracks. Our rods, my cane and my tacklebox were either destroyed by the train or lost at the bottom of the river. I do not know what possessed us to do such a stupid thing and a lot of people reading this will probably agree on the stupidity. but we came through it safely and I'm a bit wiser for the experience (next time I'll take a train schedule).

I would like to know; if I start a thread (hopefully I won't bullocks it up this time) where deathlisters can post their near death experiences, in the spirit of the Darwin Awards, would you guys post there?

I would, theres at least 2 experiences i can think of, so go for it.

I would, theres at least 2 experiences i can think of, so go for it.

I had a near death experience. It was called marriage.

Lard Bazaar, please don't tell me that that's what I think it is in your display pic..... :rolleyes:

Lard Bazaar, please don't tell me that that's what I think it is in your display pic..... :rolleyes:

Ok, I won't.

The odds on a top event rider joining the list must be fairly short, there have been so many deaths in that sport.

Well, that didn't take long, did it.

Rita Levi Montalcini, at 100 years is the oldest living Nobel Prize laureate. (may have been mentioned, but I'm mentioning again)

Chris Woodhead, the former Chief Inspector Of Schools, is suffering from motor neurone disease and has said he would rather commit suicide than suffer the final stages of the disease.

Chris Woodhead, the former Chief Inspector Of Schools, is suffering from motor neurone disease and has said he would rather commit suicide than suffer the final stages of the disease.

I always thought he was a bit of a tit and there's probably a fair few teachers who are not unhappy about this...

I always thought he was a bit of a tit and there's probably a fair few teachers who are not unhappy about this...

You're not wrong there.

Guest Skechy

If its not to late by then, you must include the permanently pickled Mr PETER O'TOOLE !!

From O'Toole's Wiki page:

Severe illness almost ended his life in the late 1970s. Due to his heavy drinking, he underwent surgery in 1976 to have his pancreas and a large portion of his stomach removed, which resulted in insulin dependent diabetes.

I read in the Daily Mail that Lauren Booth's husband is in a coma after a motorbike accident? Am i late with this news or is it common knowledge, or is Lauren lying?

Yes, yes...I read The Daily Mail.

Came across a report by the BBC on the last war-time MP, Ernest Millington (93).

He is the last remaining MP elected prior to the 1945 election (post-war), of which there are four remaining former MPs.... Millington, Michael Foot (95), John Freeman MBE (94) and Francis Noel-Baker (89).

Additionally, there are four remaining former MPs from the 1950 election: Freeman, Foot, Reader Harris (95) and Robert Carr (92).

All possibilites for 2010 but I doubt all of them will make it until next year... Foot should do though...