football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

At this time I would like to nominate the so-called actor by the name of Hoskins. Robert W. Hoskins usually known as Bob Hoskins.

The reasons are many----

1)He was born in 1942, this means he's pushing 67. Not old; but not young either.

2)Grimly obbvious---he was born in a town named BURY. Now they may have a soccor club or whatever

you call it in England; but the fact remains the place is called BURY.

3)It has now been several years since his first marriage ended. In that wedded bliss{?} he was united with

a broad by the name of LIVEsey. Well he is no longer with the LIVEsey lady so he can, shall we say, no

longer be aLIVE through her good name and graces.

4)His career although not fully terminated, is close to it. Amng his current projects is the dismal We Want Sex

which has costars Miranda Richardson and Daniel Mays. As all good DLers know,, the past year has seen

the untimely death of a Richardsoon (Natasha) and a Mays (product hawker Billy). Hanging around the

set with people with death related names is not good. If that's not enough it also has actor Rupert GRAVES!

Not at all a good sign for Hoskins.

So with that. I submit Bob Hoskins as a candidate for 2010.

Muy interesante.

I remember Bob Hoskins at his career peak, starring in such classics as Super Mario Brothers and Doomsday.

At this time I would like to nominate the so-called actor by the name of Hoskins. Robert W. Hoskins usually known as Bob Hoskins.

The reasons are many----

1)He was born in 1942, this means he's pushing 67. Not old; but not young either.

2)Grimly obbvious---he was born in a town named BURY. Now they may have a soccor club or whatever

3)It has now been several years since his first marriage ended. In that wedded bliss{?} he was united with

a broad by the name of LIVEsey. Well he is no longer with the LIVEsey lady so he can, shall we say, no

4)His career although not fully terminated, is close to it. Amng his current projects is the dismal We Want Sex

which has costars Miranda Richardson and Daniel Mays. As all good DLers know,, the past year has seen

the untimely death of a Richardsoon (Natasha) and a Mays (product hawker Billy). Hanging around the

set with people with death related names is not good. If that's not enough it also has actor Rupert GRAVES!

Muy interesante.

I remember Bob Hoskins at his career peak, starring in such classics as Super Mario Brothers and Doomsday.

He also starred in the classic 1978 BBC drama 'Pennies From Heaven' and superb gangster thriller 'The Long Good Friday' in 1980,

he's also recieved recent acclaim for his performance in Jimmy McGovern's 'The Street', so Mr Hoskin's CV is somewhat better than that Alum.

Remember, DeNiro was in 'Rocky and Bullwinkle'... :rolleyes:

Super Mario Brothers a classic? The video game definitely, but the movie? :rolleyes:

The reasons are many----

Muy interesante.

He also starred in the classic 1978 BBC drama 'Pennies From Heaven' and superb gangster thriller 'The Long Good Friday' in 1980,

he's also recieved recent acclaim for his performance in Jimmy McGovern's 'The Street', so Mr Hoskin's CV is somewhat better than that Alum.

Remember, DeNiro was in 'Rocky and Bullwinkle'... :rolleyes:

Not forgetting his inspirational work in Jamie T's video for

Irish TV scriptwriter and producer Frank Deasy, 49, is suffering from liver cancer. In his words:

"I have a tumour growing in my liver that will kill me unless I receive a liver transplant in the very near future."

Definitely famous enough and certainly ill enough. He won an Emmy award for "Prime Suspect" and wrote the superb but underrated "Looking After Jo Jo", which starred Robert Carlisle. IMDB page.

Irish TV scriptwriter and producer Frank Deasy, 49, is suffering from liver cancer. In his words:

"I have a tumour growing in my liver that will kill me unless I receive a liver transplant in the very near future."

Definitely famous enough and certainly ill enough. He won an Emmy award for "Prime Suspect" and wrote the superb but underrated "Looking After Jo Jo", which starred Robert Carlisle. IMDB page.

Don't forget "The Grass Arena", one of the greatest TV plays ever...

What's with the thread name change? :rolleyes:

It's changed back again!

Carry on...

I merged Shozzy's post into the main thread, but cocked it up by merging the main thread into theirs. I thought I'd fixed it all up, but someone with more technical savvy than me must've been in under cover of darkness.

Move along, nothing too see here...

oops!!! Very sorry about messing up thread name.. I'm new at posting to threads. Lame. I know whatever. Lol

sorry again!

I.m willing to bet you that not one of these names will die this year.

lol you are probably right on all Except I'm still not budging on Amy winehouse. 27 club here she comes!! girl is on a mission. There's only so many times you accidentally get caught on video smoking crack...even ODB was a LITTLE More discreet loll. She's a hot mess. I don't want her to die yet tho...I gotta get as much winehouse memorabilia as possible first...Amys gonna be my eBay cash cow! (loljk)

Ok. Done rambling. Good luck.

I had both Swayze and Floyd on my list for next year.

While trying to adjust it, I am kind of blanking on the names of the termanilly ill (with the exception of the ones Ihave already on there), the only person I can think of is Ramses Shaffy and there's no chance he gets an English obit.

Can some of the people here help me out, with some names?

Abdel Basset al-Megrahi?

Charles Manson anyone? Apparently his clocks-a-tickin'!

Does a famous crim fall into celebrity status?

Yes.

And no doubt there's plenty of them in your family.

Yes.

I've warned you lard-arse...Don't think I won't tell uncle Bin!

Yes.

Take your rucksack and f'uck off!

:unsure:

Yes.

I left my rucksack in your trailer - With any luck you're hopefully sat on it. ;)

Yes.

I left my rucksack in your trailer - With any luck you're hopefully sat on it. ;)

We should take this to the 'fight' thread, or we're going to get told off by one of the grown ups for being off topic.

Yes.

We should take this to the 'fight' thread, or we're going to get told off by one of the grown ups for being off topic.

There's a 'fight' thread - HURRAH - I may stick around a little longer in that case then lard-arse.

Yes, so anyway...I take it Manson has already been mentioned?

Yes.

There's a 'fight' thread - HURRAH - I may stick around a little longer in that case then lard-arse.

Yes, so anyway...I take it Manson has already been mentioned?

Try the search function

You strike me as the resident housekeeper lard-arse, so i thought you'd know!

Musician Norton Buffalo, a member of the Steve Miller Band since 1975, is suffering from pneumonia and stage four lung cancer, which has spread to his brain.

Comedy sketch writer Mike Craig, best known for his work with Morecambe and Wise, is suffering from Pick's Disease, a form of dementia.

Tony Benn

‘Tony Benn had a routine operation at the end of July and is recovering but has been readmitted to hospital for observation and advised by doctors to cancel engagements for the time being.’

Nope, drummer Mick Avory left in '84 and was replaced by the lovely Mr Bob Henrit who I used to work with.
The Monkees were manufactured and - therefore - short-lived but they DID change their line up, shrinking to a trio (minus Mike) and a duo (minus Mike and Peter), both diminished line ups made albums, though the less said about those albums the better.

Interesting, mind, on the day Ringo and Paul announce an onstage reunion, significant sixties bands with static line ups and a fully breathing membership as of today:

Simon and Garfunkel.............

ZZ Top (formed 1969, so more a 70s/80s band)

I'm struggling beyond that.

The Kinks....

How about Golden Earring? They were formed in 1961 and the last time they changed their line up was in 1970.

Or, for serious rock fans, The Beverly Sisters released their first record in 1951 and they're still going with the original line up.

The original 1968/9 incarnation of Mott the Hoople (Hunter, Watts, Buffin, Ralphs and Allen) has reformed for a residency at the Hammersmith Apollo later this year.

Looks like we forgot about Peter, Paul and Mary - they were together for nearly 50 years.