football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

Nope, drummer Mick Avory left in '84 and was replaced by the lovely Mr Bob Henrit who I used to work with.
The Monkees were manufactured and - therefore - short-lived but they DID change their line up, shrinking to a trio (minus Mike) and a duo (minus Mike and Peter), both diminished line ups made albums, though the less said about those albums the better.

Interesting, mind, on the day Ringo and Paul announce an onstage reunion, significant sixties bands with static line ups and a fully breathing membership as of today:

Simon and Garfunkel.............

ZZ Top (formed 1969, so more a 70s/80s band)

I'm struggling beyond that.

The Kinks....

How about Golden Earring? They were formed in 1961 and the last time they changed their line up was in 1970.

Or, for serious rock fans, The Beverly Sisters released their first record in 1951 and they're still going with the original line up.

The original 1968/9 incarnation of Mott the Hoople (Hunter, Watts, Buffin, Ralphs and Allen) has reformed for a residency at the Hammersmith Apollo later this year.

Looks like we forgot about Peter, Paul and Mary - they were together for nearly 50 years.

Yesterday it may have been 1-0 DDT but today like a dodgy second goal from the Arsenal she equalises with PPAM.

Irish TV scriptwriter and producer Frank Deasy, 49, is suffering from liver cancer. In his words:

"I have a tumour growing in my liver that will kill me unless I receive a liver transplant in the very near future."

Definitely famous enough and certainly ill enough. He won an Emmy award for "Prime Suspect" and wrote the superb but underrated "Looking After Jo Jo", which starred Robert Carlisle. IMDB page.

Don't forget "The Grass Arena", one of the greatest TV plays ever...

Liver transplant didn't come soon enough as it seems he has died.

Will find a link when it appears

although could just be a false alarm or someone playing a trick on me as I've just pencilled Deasy in on my shortlist for next year

Irish TV scriptwriter and producer Frank Deasy, 49, is suffering from liver cancer. In his words:

"I have a tumour growing in my liver that will kill me unless I receive a liver transplant in the very near future."

Definitely famous enough and certainly ill enough. He won an Emmy award for "Prime Suspect" and wrote the superb but underrated "Looking After Jo Jo", which starred Robert Carlisle. IMDB page.

Don't forget "The Grass Arena", one of the greatest TV plays ever...

Liver transplant didn't come soon enough as it seems he has died.

Will find a link when it appears

although could just be a false alarm or someone playing a trick on me as I've just pencilled Deasy in on my shortlist for next year

Dead

You strike me as the resident housekeeper lard-arse, so i thought you'd know!

You can pick him Ellie-Mae but I think there's lots better.

Noted chef Rose Gray was diagnosed with breast cancer several years ago. She has recently suffered a recurrence of the cancer and has been having radiotherapy to her head - that doesn't bode very well.

I've never heard of her, but she's a contributor to The Guardian, so I'm sure they'll let us know if she pops off.

Mentioned Barry Reckord on the possibles for 2009 thread. Born 1926 and still alive despite multiple health probs, itemised at length in Diana Athill's 'Somewhere Towards the End,' Athill being his sometime lady friend. Despite significant achievements as a writer BR doesn't appear to have his own Wiki page, but he's solidly obit-worthy for all of that.

The original 1968/9 incarnation of Mott the Hoople (Hunter, Watts, Buffin, Ralphs and Allen) has reformed for a residency at the Hammersmith Apollo later this year.

Indeed. But I wonder what's up with Buffin?

Martin Chambers of The Pretenders is joining the band on the drums for much of the gig because of Dale Griffin's ill health...Dale, who is also known as Buffin, will participate for as much as his health will allow and he is likely to be on stage for the big encore numbers.

From The Sun:

Micky Rourke is in a race against time to finish his new movie The Ice Man before the author of the original book dies.

Philip Carlo, who is co-producer on the film, suffers from Lou Gehrig's disease, which is slowly destroying his nervous system. And the award winning Wrestler star is desperate to shoot and release the gangster movie, in which he plays real life hit man Rirchard Kuklinski. before he passes away. "The biggest challenge is getting it released in time," he told the New York Post. "He doesn't have much time." The Ice Man is scheduled to be shot in New York, New Jersey and Florida next Spring.

Thanks for the tip, Micky. :banghead:

I don't think it's very serious, Vaagheid, probably just a nasty bout of flu, unless his publicity people are lying through their teeth.

Argentine folk star Mercedes Sosa is in hospital suffering from liver and kidney problems and is in a serious condition. If she survives the next few days, she'd be a good deadpool pick for next year. She is hugely famous throughout Latin America and will definitely get a UK obit.

Here she is talking about a fish she caught recently...

8577_mercedes_sosa.jpg

From The Sun:

Micky Rourke is in a race against time to finish his new movie The Ice Man before the author of the original book dies.

Philip Carlo, who is co-producer on the film, suffers from Lou Gehrig's disease, which is slowly destroying his nervous system. And the award winning Wrestler star is desperate to shoot and release the gangster movie, in which he plays real life hit man Rirchard Kuklinski. before he passes away. "The biggest challenge is getting it released in time," he told the New York Post. "He doesn't have much time." The Ice Man is scheduled to be shot in New York, New Jersey and Florida next Spring.

Thanks for the tip, Micky. :lol:

Tip looks sound, but it is obits that count - 7 good books, does that cut it?

Going to have to look into the guy with greater research depth.

PS - He just comes in my top 100 but I think I need much more data.

Martin Chambers of The Pretenders is joining the band on the drums for much of the gig because of Dale Griffin's ill health...Dale, who is also known as Buffin, will participate for as much as his health will allow and he is likely to be on stage for the big encore numbers.

He has Alzheimer's.

Isn't it about time that Prince Phillip or Margaret Thatcher got a mention on here, father time must be coming for them

I don't think it's very serious, Vaagheid, probably just a nasty bout of flu, unless his publicity people are lying through their teeth.

Argentine folk star Mercedes Sosa is in hospital suffering from liver and kidney problems and is in a serious condition. If she survives the next few days, she'd be a good deadpool pick for next year. She is hugely famous throughout Latin America and will definitely get a UK obit.

8577_mercedes_sosa.jpg

Condition worsening

Isn't it about time that Prince Phillip or Margaret Thatcher got a mention on here, father time must be coming for them

They have their own threads! Try looking for them!

8577_mercedes_sosa.jpg

Condition worsening

According to her website, she's DEAD.

Self help guru Wayne Dyer (you gotta love the name once it's in heavy circulation hereabouts, eh?), is fighting leukaemia. Obviously, his highly positive website doesn't push the fact, but today's Observer mentions it.

He has Alzheimer's.

A friend of mine was at the Apollo on Saturday. He said of Buffin "V.frail but he made a brave effort. Obviously not miked up. The idea that he could have played the set was clearly a non-starter. My wife was saying when it kicks in that quick he probably won't last much longer."

He also said that there was plenty of rock royalty in attendance, having spotted Messrs Plant, Page, Gilmour, Jones (M) and Gillespie, and that the gig was pretty good for a bunch of OAPs.

Photo of Mr Griffin.

The geologist Dr William Stanton, 79, has been arrested for murder after his wife died in a bungled suicide pact. There's a pretty good chance he'll take care of unfinished business, but even if he doesn't, the terminal bone cancer will do for him.

Big Al Anderson, guitarist with the NRBQ is suffering from terminal cancer.

"I went to the doctor and I had X-rays," Ferguson said. "He said there was an abnormality in my left lung. What had happened was I had a tumor in the lung. It had passed through the lymph nodes and gone to my bones. That's why I had the pain across my shoulders and in the middle of my back. I had bone cancer already. It's what they call small cell cancer. There's no cure for small cell. All they're doing is prolonging my life right now."

I'm not sure he's really famous enough to get a UK obit through.

It was Steve Ferguson who had cancer, and it's all over for him. Another poor victim of online serial killer DevonDeathTrip.

Big Al Anderson, guitarist with the NRBQ is suffering from terminal cancer.

"I went to the doctor and I had X-rays," Ferguson said. "He said there was an abnormality in my left lung. What had happened was I had a tumor in the lung. It had passed through the lymph nodes and gone to my bones. That's why I had the pain across my shoulders and in the middle of my back. I had bone cancer already. It's what they call small cell cancer. There's no cure for small cell. All they're doing is prolonging my life right now."

I'm not sure he's really famous enough to get a UK obit through.

It was Steve Ferguson who had cancer, and it's all over for him. Another poor victim of online serial killer DevonDeathTrip.

B) Not guilty!

I suppose Dickie Peterson, lead singer, bassist and founder member of American 60s psychadelic heavy metal pioneers Blue Cheer is probably too obscure as well. Which is a shame as someone has just announced on the band's forum that he has liver cancer.

May I introduce 2010's Josie Grove...

23-year-old Kristin Hallenga won a Pride of Sickbucket Britain award for her brave fight against Stage IV Breast cancer...

May I introduce 2010's Josie Grove...

23-year-old Kristin Hallenga won a Pride of Sickbucket Britain award for her brave fight against Stage IV Breast cancer...

She was put on my 2010 DDP before the programme even finished. B)