football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

Guest WEP
I want a 20-something on next year's list. Lohan and Winehouse come to mind. Any support?

Oh well...

After the dead of Claude Lévi-Strauss, you shoul nominate a new centenarian. You have at least two people on your list, who are 100 years of age or older, so, one seat is now vacant...

What about Louise Rainer, the German two-time academy award-winning actress, who turns 100 in next January?

Or Johannes Heesters, turning 106 in two weeks, the ancient Dutch singer and actor, who is blind and very frail and cancelled all his appearences?

Both WILL get many obituaries, even in the UK..

Guest WEP
You have at least two people on your list, who are 100 years of age or older, so, one seat is now vacant...

3 in 2002: Princess Alice, Leni Riefenstahl, Queen Mum (dead)

4 in 2003: Bob Hope (dead), Riefenstehl (dead), Alice, Storm Thurmond (dead)

1 in 2004: Alice (dead) [OK, in 2004, there was just one centenarian!)

2 in 2005: Max Schmeling (dead), Brooke Astor

4 in 2006: Astor, Lane, Stanley Kunitz (dead), Albert Hofmann

5 in 2007: Lane (dead), Astor (dead), Hofman, Oscar Niemeyer, Ruby Muhammad

3 in 2008: Hofman (dead), Niemeyer, Claude Lévi-Strauss

2 in 2009: Niemeyer, Lévi-Strauss (dead)

? in 2010: Niemeyer [i think you will choose him again?]

You have at least two people on your list, who are 100 years of age or older, so, one seat is now vacant...

3 in 2002: Princess Alice, Leni Riefenstahl, Queen Mum (dead)

4 in 2003: Bob Hope (dead), Riefenstehl (dead), Alice, Storm Thurmond (dead)

1 in 2004: Alice (dead) [OK, in 2004, there was just one centenarian!)

2 in 2005: Max Schmeling (dead), Brooke Astor

4 in 2006: Astor, Lane, Stanley Kunitz (dead), Albert Hofmann

5 in 2007: Lane (dead), Astor (dead), Hofman, Oscar Niemeyer, Ruby Muhammad

3 in 2008: Hofman (dead), Niemeyer, Claude Lévi-Strauss

2 in 2009: Niemeyer, Lévi-Strauss (dead)

? in 2010: Niemeyer [i think you will choose him again?]

Urr... Actually Max Schmeling did a "Lilian Gish/Micheal Debaky"(Dieing Before turning 100 in the year that they would have been 100)

As for a new centenarian How about George Beverly Shea

As for a new Centurian How about George Beverly Shea

centurion3.25583203_std.jpg?

I want a 20-something on next year's list. Lohan and Winehouse come to mind. Any support?

Nicole Richie has Pneumonia could be a good bet

Dennis Nilsen's mother, Betty Scott, is 88 years old.

She still lives in Fraserburgh.

If you call that living.

Dennis Nilsen's mother, Betty Scott, is 88 years old.

She still lives in Fraserburgh.

If you call that living.

I think that Myra Hindley's mother, Hettie Moulton may still be alive as well. She certainly outlived her daughter as she was in the papers at the time for refusing to go to her funeral, but she might have died since. I'm really not sure if the elderly parents of serial killers would attract much in the way of obituaries.

Also, Windsor, I remember you asking if John Tyndall's father in law Charles Parker is still alive. I still don't know, but rest assured your question has gone to someone at Searchlight Magazine to do some research (I didn't tell him why I wanted to know :devil2:) , I'll hopefully come back to you soon with an answer!

If you call that living.

I'm sure that she has quite a comfortable life in Fraserburgh. Afterall, at least her feet are dry...

I'm really not sure if the elderly parents of serial killers would attract much in the way of obituaries.

I suppose it depends how much of a fuss Nilsen makes when she dies. For example, will he ask to attend her funeral on compassionate grounds? Nilsen does try to get whatever attention is going.

I suppose it depends how much of a fuss Nilsen makes when she dies. For example, will he ask to attend her funeral on compassionate grounds? Nilsen does try to get whatever attention is going.

Fair point, and when The Sun report it that's good enough to qualify for DDP points.

Natasha Lyonne springs to mind, as do Scott Weiland & Corey Haim.

Corey Haim is 37, not quite a 20-something.

How about Allegra Versace?

If you can stretch to a 30-something, how about a Mr. D Beckham, asthmatic footballer? Apparently, some of the South African football grounds are at quite a high altitude which apparently isn't a good thing for an asthmatic.

Fair point, and when The Sun report it that's good enough to qualify for DDP points.

Turns out she is already dead. She died in October.

Still - she did get that Sun obit after all.

There has been no mention of her death locally until this morning - not even an obituary. I was alerted to her death only today due to a massive headline in the local paper, The Press and Journal.

Corey Haim is 37, not quite a 20-something.

How about Allegra Versace?

Real outisde chances those two.

Both "Hail Mary Plays" as they say in U.S. sports.

What about Pete Doherty?

If Amy Winehouse or Lindsay Lohan don't fit the bill of "next young tragic celebrity death" b/c they appear to be on the mend (not sure of Lohan, but I've definitely read that Winehouse is actually doing quite well though last year, I recall she appeared to have several close calls), how about Pete Doherty?

Read that Doherty is still not doing well. So who knows?

What about Pete Doherty?

If Amy Winehouse or Lindsay Lohan don't fit the bill of "next young tragic celebrity death" b/c they appear to be on the mend (not sure of Lohan, but I've definitely read that Winehouse is actually doing quite well though last year, I recall she appeared to have several close calls), how about Pete Doherty?

For me putting Dohety or Winehouse or Lohan or any twenty or even thirty something celebrity drug addict on the list would simply be a spoilt ballot.

Celebs simply aren't allowed to die of drugs the way they used to be. They all have strong suppprt networks around them that stop them going the way of Sid Vicious, Jimmy Hendrix, et al/

The clue, by the way, is in what we know about Lindsay and Amy's using;they are bothn famous fo going into rehab at regualr intervals and not for doing drugs.

Now,if you knew of any suicidally depressed singers in their twenties or thirties, then that would be worth looking in to.

This is not a suggestion for the list but for the site.

Some people seem to get unneedlessly asperger arsey if a death isn't posted in the alloted thread but in the dead 2009 thread right? Life is sometimes too short for searching, especially with that 20 second rule when you sub-search within a thread right?

Well, what say someone (who can) create a pinned thread in 2010 which ONLY the name of the person that had died is posted (mods to delete all other crap and no nicknames so it is search function compatible, maybe linked to the relevant entry in the animal antics thread or whatever), hence all one has to do is go to that thread (which would be on top) and look at the latest entries. Then you'd know directly whether your guy's already been buried somewhere in the forum.

Minimalist and sleek such that the simplest of simpletons could understand and grown adults won't get their knickers in a twist crying but I reported it first Sir, look!

What about Pete Doherty?

For me putting Dohety or Winehouse or Lohan or any twenty or even thirty something celebrity drug addict on the list would simply be a spoilt ballot.

Celebs simply aren't allowed to die of drugs the way they used to be. They all have strong suppprt networks around them that stop them going the way of Sid Vicious, Jimmy Hendrix, et al/

The clue, by the way, is in what we know about Lindsay and Amy's using;they are bothn famous fo going into rehab at regualr intervals and not for doing drugs.

Now,if you knew of any suicidally depressed singers in their twenties or thirties, then that would be worth looking in to.

I see your point, but then again, look what happened to Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, and DJ AM. All three probably had decent support networks, but they couldn't save them from their drug addictions.

Guest est1993

I dont know if this is acceptable, but Jenn Lyon from Survivor has stage 4 breast cancer. I already mentioned Ethan Zohn, but he is most likely to survive his cancer.

Other than that story, my strongest suggestions are Andrew Lloyd Webber, Dick Clark, and David Hasselhoff.

Guest est1993

Oh and has anyone mentioned Don Imus? He's got cancer, he's turning 70, he creates a lot of controversy, he's probably stressed out...

Not sure about fame, or about survival prospects, but musician Squingy is gravely ill, with a terminall illness, it seems.... Looks young, so could be worth a few DDP points :)

Not any more - he's dead.

Not sure about fame, or about survival prospects, but musician Squingy is gravely ill, with a terminall illness, it seems.... Looks young, so could be worth a few DDP points :)

Not any more - he's dead.

Anyone else not understand a word of that link?