football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

May I introduce 2010's Josie Grove...

23-year-old Kristin Hallenga won a Pride of Sickbucket Britain award for her brave fight against Stage IV Breast cancer...

She was put on my 2010 DDP before the programme even finished. B)

Aye, well, there goes yer unique pick bonus!

23-year-old Kristin Hallenga won a Pride of Sickbucket Britain award for her brave fight against Stage IV Breast cancer...

She was put on my 2010 DDP before the programme even finished. <_<

I'm not too sure how ill she actually is as I can't remember hearing the word 'terminal' being used.

But it must be terminal if she got a Pride of Britain Award...right? B)

She was put on my 2010 DDP before the programme even finished. <_<

I'm not too sure how ill she actually is as I can't remember hearing the word 'terminal' being used.

But it must be terminal if she got a Pride of Britain Award...right? B)

Worth a punt though, my initial 30-something 'squad' for DDP was a little on the aged side and needed some fresh faces...

Or perhaps 2010's Joanne Evans. B)

Or perhaps 2010's Joanne Evans. B)

Nah mate, not this time, unless the press really are a callous bunch. She'll get her obit. The question is when...

V long shot obituary wise but Sam Martinez will be 100 next year. Famous for being famous, obviously but worthy of respect and quite likely to be covered in Scottish papers as and when. So CPDP theme team worthy, I guess.

Guest Dervesia73

Hi guys,

Just after some ideas for 2 player games for me and the girlfriend. But all I play are RPGs and some FPSs so not to sure what good games are out there. Ideas please???

Cheers

Hi guys,

Just after some ideas for 2 player games for me and the girlfriend. But all I play are RPGs and some FPSs so not to sure what good games are out there. Ideas please???

Cheers

Hungry Hippos but it all depends on whether she spits or not.

Hi guys,

Cheers

Hungry Hippos but it all depends on whether she spits or not.

What is FPS? I've worked out the RPG, role-playing I think. I guess it depends whether she swallows or not but FPS, WTF? Perhaps http://www.femmesprevoyantes.be/FPS/QuisommesNous/, even in French I think you get the drift.

Crap! 31 pages of possibilities to wade through just because I saw a small article in the paper last week about a Coronation Street old dear not feeling too chipper and ending up in hospital. I don't watch Corry, so I can't remember her name and thus can't search for her. Oh, forget it!

DWB :rolleyes:

Crap! 31 pages of possibilities to wade through just because I saw a small article in the paper last week about a Coronation Street old dear not feeling too chipper and ending up in hospital. I don't watch Corry, so I can't remember her name and thus can't search for her. Oh, forget it!

Her name is Maggie Jones, apparently her condition has improved after surgery and is being discussed here.

Her name is Maggie Jones, apparently her condition has improved after surgery and is being discussed here.

Cheers G2. Glad to see the C-listers still get good coverage on the DL.

DWB :skull:

While browsing the ever trustworthy Wikipedia I learned that Dutch astronomer Adriaan Blaauw is still around at age 95. I know no particulars of his health and he may fail the DL Famousness Test, but he might be someone to keep an eye on.

regards,

Hein

Jack Poole the man in charge of organising the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, suffering from pancreatic cancer. I just thought I would mention it, in case anyone is looking for an ill Canadian for a certain upcoming deadpool.

No Wikipedia article though, which means one that sticks would have to be created.

Two years later he still hasn't got a Wikipedia page, which is a shame. I suppose there wouldn't be any point in mentioning that his health has deteriorated recently, he's undergone further cancer surgery and he's just missed a crucial Olympic Committee meeting... :)

Well not only does he have a Wikipedia page now, but he's also dead. Huge amount of media coverage, so I'm a bit surprised that no one risked him on either the DDP or the CPDP...

he's dead

he's also dead.

Bugger - they were both on my team for next year and I had hoped no one else would pick either of them.

*Anorak alert* OoO - I was wondering if the Daily Record be enough for DDP points? And would this BBC page for Dickie Peterson have counted, given that the content is entirely lifted of Wikipedia?

*Anorak alert* OoO - I was wondering if the Daily Record be enough for DDP points? And would this BBC page for Dickie Peterson have counted, given that the content is entirely lifted of Wikipedia?

Yes and yes. The Guardian pages are lifted off the US sites, so likewise, but if it's on the BBC, then it gets an obit.

Re the post about the two survivors of the 1945 general election elsewhere; 94 year old John Freeman is a cert for broadsheet obit status, colourful enough - with his four wives and history of serious academic work and television bowls commentary - even without the 10 years in parliament. They'll cover his death even if Michael Foot survives him.

i reckon Whitney Houston will go in a few years, I mean she was off her face on the X-factor, and she has been on coke and God knows what else for a good few years now. so who knows, how many years she's got left!

Leading American neo-pagan and occultist Isaac Bonewits is suffering from colon cancer.

Colourful character according to that Wiki page, UK obit chances? Dodgy IMHO.

Now then, this stuff about Tolimir. Been looking at transcripts of the pre-trial. In June the subject of his health was discussed at length, but from his own side he even said that...

THE ACCUSED: [interpretation] Thank you, Madam President. I'll just say a sentence or two about what you said in the first part of what you were saying, that the doctor said that I should be monitored. There's no need for that decision because he never actually examined me, nor do I have any health problems, that's the first point. And when I talked to the doctor, he says the Registrar wants to know when you are going to die, and I said that at the previous status conference. And that is morbid; I'll die when God so declares, as will we all. So I don't think that's a reason the doctor can tell you anything he likes, but that is what he told me. I haven't been using any medicines for two years now; I'm living quite normally; I have no health problems; I don't see why I should be monitored in that way. They are taking sleep away from me, not depriving me, they are just seizing it and taking it away from me. Waking me up every half-hour, so please bear that in mind. Secondly, the doctor did offer they attach a low-frequency device which emits low-frequency signals, so that he should know at all times where I am and so that he should have all the parameters which that device provides about my body and its functions. However, when I asked him about his experience about this device, he says that he has had no experience with it and that it is only Vietnamese veterans of war who had this device attached to them so that their bosses can know where they are. And I know that that device is called by those veterans, the black box or Satan's device. And I said that with the New Testament and with the Bible and Article 13 or Chapter 13, it says that people will be stamped somewhere on their bodies or on their arms. I said that the New Testament Jesus Christ, the Bible forbids me under Chapter 14 to be stamped in this way. It say that Christians should not bear any stamps on their bodies or on their foreheads or on their arms. And I said that to them, and I'm telling you now, perhaps somebody would want to stamp you. But God has told us how we should live and that no stamps should be placed on our bodies, and this is to be found in Chapter 13. And then in Chapter 14, he says that Christians should not bear this stamp. And I think that you should respect that. If you look at the Bible and if you look at the New Testament and when we are hear and speak on oath, we take an oath on the Bible, so that is the basis for all laws, both in domestic courts and international courts. So if that is applied everywhere in the world, why is the exception made, as far as I'm concerned? So I don't want to wear this Satanic necklace or the black box, as they call it, when I have no medical problems. And in fact they have made my health worse by depriving me of sleep and waking me up every half-hour. You try and be subjected to that kind of regime for two years to be woken up every 30 minutes. I don't know, I really don't know. All I can say is please come up with a reasonable solution, if you can, as the Judge. Now, as far as the doctor is concerned, why don't other doctors test his opinions and test the measures that he has proposed that be applied to me. I don't know why he is making that proposal, he just said well, the Registrar wants to know when you are going to die. Well, I'm going to die when God decides that I shall die. Who whose decision is it? It's not up to the doctor to impose these Draconian measures. Worse measures or measures like that have not even be been applied in concentration camps, so please bear that in mind. This is international Tribunal in the 21st century after all. Thank you.

So, it looks like he is moderately well, or recovered (I find it hard to believe) or he is in denial. Interesting to learn he is being woken-up every half-hour - which can't be nice let alone for a period of 2 years or more.

However, I'll be down-grading his points in my shreadsheet.

PPS. He only just stays inside my top 50.

Glad to hear it, any chance of a peek at said sheets at DLCon III?

Glad to hear it, any chance of a peek at said sheets at DLCon III?

You show me yours and I'll show you mine!!!