Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

The Comic Strip

First of the gang to die?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looks like Lord Flashheart..... "had to go" again, right guys?

Sadly the cinema advert he did dressed up as Hitler as part of an anti-EU European elections deal isn't online.

Noooooooooo. Loved him ever since he was Kevin Turvey.

• Like 1

Yeah well now it's all gone TOPSY Turvey for him....... right guys?

Guys?

Guys?

Yeah well now it's all gone TOPSY Turvey for him....... right guys?

Guys?

Guys?

(Stands behind Dr Zorders, frying pan aloft...) ^_^

1957 - 2013 : Rik Mayall

2014 : Deceased Mayall

• Like 1

Very sad :( Bottom is one of my favourite comedies , its silly childish fun for adults . I'm guessing maybe the quad bike accident done unforeseen damage like it did with Maria de Villota.

Okay that's enough mocking for now.

Has anyone here seen the obscure 1986 parody film Whoops Apocalypse? (and yes I know it was originally a satire on Channel 4, don't give me shit about it)

Rik Mayall played an SAS commander who leads a raid on

a wax museum where "Princess Wendy" (i.e. Diana) is being held hostage.

It's possibly his most unhinged role ever outside of the likes of Bottom.

Here's the great scene. Although it's a really very amusing film, even if a little dated (obviously), and this is from near the end of the film so if you want the full experience don't watch this clip first. Oh and also an extremely funny Peter Cook plays a loony British PM. It's worth watching with a few drinks.

• Like 1

Okay that's enough mocking for now.

Has anyone here seen the obscure 1986 parody film Whoops Apocalypse? (and yes I know it was originally a satire on Channel 4, don't give me shit about it)

Rik Mayall played an SAS commander who leads a raid on

a wax museum where "Princess Wendy" (i.e. Diana) is being held hostage.

It's possibly his most unhinged role ever outside of the likes of Bottom.

Here's the great scene. Although it's a really very amusing film, even if a little dated (obviously), and this is from near the end of the film so if you want the full experience don't watch this clip first. Oh and also an extremely funny Peter Cook plays a loony British PM. It's worth watching with a few drinks.

I have that originally on VHS, but had to get it transferred on to DVD when I moved to the U.S.

Theme song is performed and sung by John Otway who was the music guest on the last episode of The Young Ones.

He had epilepsy didn't he. I think it's most likely that. I was about to say that I wasn't a fan (because I don't like Bottom or the Young Ones) but I'd forgotten that I did like a lot of stuff he was in. The New Statesment was brilliant, Lord Flashheart was a great character and Rik was the best Jackanory reader. I also seam to be the only person who loves Shock Treatment.

He had epilepsy didn't he. I think it's most likely that. I was about to say that I wasn't a fan (because I don't like Bottom or the Young Ones) but I'd forgotten that I did like a lot of stuff he was in. The New Statesment was brilliant, Lord Flashheart was a great character and Rik was the best Jackanory reader. I also seam to be the only person who loves Shock Treatment.

He was in that? Hah wow......... er you do mean the Richard O'Brien thing right? I was meaning to getting round to seeing that some time before WWIII.

This is actually really annoying and sad. Even though he wasn't exactly in his prime or anything, he was still like, a national treasure and stuff I guess. I do remember thinking in recent years, maybe he's not exactly the kind of guy who will make it to 90 or anything 'cause of how manic he was. But it's still sad. Fuck it.

He was in that? Hah wow......... er you do mean the Richard O'Brien thing right? I was meaning to getting round to seeing that some time before WWIII.

Yes that's the one. He only has quite a small role in it but has presence. He's the chap taking photographs here and he has a few more scenes.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Shock+Treatment+Song&Form=VQFRVP#view=detail&mid=276D5DE1D757D09F8174276D5DE1D757D09F8174

Another one for Denis.

• Like 1

This is what Cat O'Falk was talking about

Skip past what Norden says at the start (he only takes about 20 seconds believe it or not)

Also, here's my personal favourite Flashheart scene from Blackadder

http://vimeo.com/60978454

(Skip to 24:00ish)

I don't think I could fully grasp the news earlier cos I had just finished watching Barrymore on The Jeremy Kyle show so I was still a bit woozy with self-loathing for actually watching that show for more than 10 seconds....

This is such fuckin shit news....

• Like 1

If his death turns out to be a legacy of his quad bike accident then Ozzy Osborne will be shitting.

"You know who will get the blame for this don't you? The kids..."

If his death turns out to be a legacy of his quad bike accident then Ozzy Osborne will be shitting.

"You know who will get the blame for this don't you? The kids..."

I'm shitting meself because he was born two weeks before me!

• Like 1

This is one of those deaths that both shocked and saddened me, most of the people posted on this sites are just names I've learnt about from deadpooling or vaguely from my parents or people who everybody knew was going to die soon, so when someone like Rik Mayall a true comic genius who revolutionised industry and featured in two of the greatest shows ever made for television (The Young Ones and Blackadder) goes it hits a bit more of an impact. If there is somewhere else we go then I'm sure he'll be making as many people laugh as he would've been had he lived.

A tragically young death of a true comic and acting genius, as they say on these occasions only the good die young.

• Like 2

This is one of those deaths that both shocked and saddened me, most of the people posted on this sites are just names I've learnt about from deadpooling or vaguely from my parents or people who everybody knew was going to die soon, so when someone like Rik Mayall a true comic genius who revolutionised industry and featured in two of the greatest shows ever made for television (The Young Ones and Blackadder) goes it hits a bit more of an impact. If there is somewhere else we go then I'm sure he'll be making as many people laugh as he would've been had he lived.

A tragically young death of a true comic and acting genius, as they say on these occasions only the good die young.

Hear hear!

Can it really be true that he was only in two episodes of Blackadder? That really says a lot about his presence.

• Like 3

Can it really be true that he was only in two episodes of Blackadder? That really says a lot about his presence.

Four appearances I think.

He was Mad Gerald in the final episode of The Black Adder.

I meant as Flashheart, I suppose. Ages since I watched Blackadder 1, I must get it out.

I loved the Young Ones as a teen... A few years later I was amazed to see him as an extra in a couple of old but great films - An American Werewolf in London and the war movie The Eye of the Needle. It looks as if he tried to make a start in serious roles but thankfully for us took the comedy route instead. Farewell Rik, Alan B'start and Adonis C'nut (you 'orrible spelling mistake).

First Harold Ramis, and Now Rik Mayall... what a shit year for comedy.

Re the death, he clearly had a massive siezure, even his wife wasn't sure what it was. He was epileptic as a result of the quad bike accident, but nobody appears ready to rule out a heart attack either at this stage.

Thanks for all the cracking clips posted. He was also the voice of the Andrex puppy, but we'll spare ourselves those clips, right?

10371924_10152504212444524_6607895586880273369_n.jpg

One of Rik's more recent roles was 'The Bombardier' for Wells & Young's Bombardier Many tributes, including this one, posted on their FB page.