mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Libya's top rebel, has been topped.
apparantely he was killed today, but i pre-announced his death on monday .Is this the first time a member has posted the death of someone 3 days before it actually happened?
No. our very own Banshees scream used to have an uncanny knack for the predicshun of famous deaths.

Well, yes, but BS has remakable cykick powers. Or was it second site?

regards,

Hein

apparantely he was killed today, but i pre-announced his death on monday .Is this the first time a member has posted the death of someone 3 days before it actually happened?
No. our very own Banshees scream used to have an uncanny knack for the predicshun of famous deaths.

regards,

Hein

Don't feel so smug, your scattergun approach was bound to hit a target eventually.

regards,

Hein

Honistley, you guys are terrybull!

The actor Richard Pearson has died at 93. I remember him best for playing the part of Victor Meldrews brother in an episode of One Foot in the Grave when he accidentally set his own head on fire.He was also the voice of Mole in the Wind of the Willows tv series

The actor Richard Pearson has died at 93. I remember him best for playing the part of Victor Meldrews brother in an episode of One Foot in the Grave when he accidentally set his own head on fire.He was also the voice of Mole in the Wind of the Willows tv series

Figured he was a viable candidate for DL, he was pretty good in an episode of MBB as Gary's well meaning but annoying father

A great shame. One of the advantages of UKTV Gold for DDP purposes is that it reminds you of people a lot of others have forgotten about. I watched his brilliant turn in Men Behaving Badly as Mr Strang, Gary's Dad, very recently and checking he was still alive (and being surprised he was), I added him onto my DDP shortlist.

I also well remember the aforementioned role in One Foot in the Grave.

But also, as a child of that era, I remember Wind the the Willows and I adored that programme - for some reason it really captured my imagination and I'm sorry he's gone.

It mustn't be forgotten that he was a pretty compentent actor in the 1950's and 1960's too.

A great shame. One of the advantages of UKTV Gold for DDP purposes is that it reminds you of people a lot of others have forgotten about. I watched his brilliant turn in Men Behaving Badly as Mr Strang, Gary's Dad, very recently and checking he was still alive (and being surprised he was), I added him onto my DDP shortlist.

But also, as a child of that era, I remember Wind the the Willows and I adored that programme - for some reason it really captured my imagination and I'm sorry he's gone.

It mustn't be forgotten that he was a pretty compentent actor in the 1950's and 1960's too.

He was on my shortlist for a few years too. He was also in a little-seen Peter Cook film called “The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer", which was basically about Peter Mandelson 25 years early...

KKK murderer James Ford Seale just took an extra special trip 'down south'

Balls. That's 2 of my DDP shortlisters gone in a day... :D

Peace out Hightower. I forgot that Tackleberry was already dead.

The guy who played Commandant Lassard, George Gaynes, is still with us at the age of 94 for those of you wanting another Police Academy castmember for the list.

He was on my shortlist for a few years too. He was also in a little-seen Peter Cook film called “The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer", which was basically about Peter Mandelson 25 years early...

As a follow up, I read in his obituary that he was the original Stanley in the West End production of Pinter's "The Birthday Party".

A couple of other actors have also exited stage left:

One of them was Paul Massie who some might recognise from the Tony Hancock classic "The Rebel". He retired from acting and became a teacher.

Another is Nicholas Selby, who was Uncle George in the 1990s revival of "Jeeves and Wooster".

Curiously, both Pearson and Selby died a day after their respective birthdays...

Annette Charles who played the part of Cha Cha in Grease has died

"They call me Cha Cha because I'm the best dancer at St. Bernadette's..."

Frenchy: "With the worst reputation..."

RIP. More childhood people going

With any luck this will also kill off the proposed Police Academy revival, talk about flogging a dead horse!

Talking about flogging a dead horse, as we were. When lack of decent opportunities elsewhere obliged the writers and stars of Steptoe and Son to reunite in the early seventies the first episode of the new series involved them coping with the death of the horse and there was even a joke about Harold 'flogging' him. Really funny. Surprises me that none of the desperate film and television reunions since have used that clever in-joke.

With any luck this will also kill off the proposed Police Academy revival, talk about flogging a dead horse!

Talking about flogging a dead horse, as we were. When lack of decent opportunities elsewhere obliged the writers and stars of Steptoe and Son to reunite in the early seventies the first episode of the new series involved them coping with the death of the horse and there was even a joke about Harold 'flogging' him. Really funny. Surprises me that none of the desperate film and television reunions since have used that clever in-joke.

What was amazing about Steptoe and Son was that when they got back together in the 70s it was no less funny, if anything it was even better, unlike when most sitcoms and shows reunite. Perhaps it was down to the fact that Wilfrid Brambell and Harry H Corbett disliked each other just as much in real life, a case maybe of art-imitating-life-imitating-art

Just seen that Larry Holden died back in February aged 49. Despite having some fairly large parts in three Chris Nolan movies (Jimmy Grantz in Memento, Farrell in Insomnia and D.A. Carl Finch in Batman Begins) his death hasn't received any mention in anything other than his local paper.

Just seen that Larry Holden died back in February aged 49. Despite having some fairly large parts in three Chris Nolan movies (Jimmy Grantz in Memento, Farrell in Insomnia and D.A. Carl Finch in Batman Begins) his death hasn't received any mention in anything other than his local paper.

There's an article here about it.It is strange how some actors hardly get any publicity when they die and others get lots of o bits.Maybe he didnt want any fuss

Ah well sure The Dark Knight Rises will be dedicated to his memory

There's an article here about it.It is strange how some actors hardly get any publicity when they die and others get lots of o bits.Maybe he didnt want any fuss

More likely that he just wasn't particularly famous, he was only a supporting player and certainly not a household name in his own right. I've seen all those movies and don't think I even remember him.