mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Inspector Wexford actor George Baker has died aged 80.

OMG I am in tears right now.I can't believe he's gone.I grew up watching him as Doctor Who .This is terrible news

Has he got him confused with Tom or Colin Baker?

OMG I am in tears right now.I can't believe he's gone.I grew up watching him as Doctor Who .This is terrible news

Funnily enough, George Baker appeared in Dr Who in 1980! Terrific actor...

Guest Guest

Sorry I thought it was Tom Baker.What a relief!

Sorry I thought it was Tom Baker.What a relief!

Yes there's just a subtle difference between the names 'Tom' and 'George' :(

Did it not occur to you that as my log-in name is 'time', my current avatar shows Paul McGann as the eighth doctor and has previously

shown William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Nicholas Courtney and Lis Sladen I might just have mentioned Dr Who if he'd actually played the part?

Come to think of it, do you think the BBC might have mentioned it?

I grew up

Ahem. You may have got older, but ...

What exactly is the purpose of banning notaguest if he can just keep posting? Either ban him from posting or disable the guest poster function completely. It's mainly used for spammers and trolls anyway.

I did my best AG but I can only ban members from posting. The Admins took it further and banned his account, but that doesn't stop him posting as a guest. They have been banning his IP addresses as they arise - I don't have that power. It's fairly simple to change your IP address and can be done simply by turning off your router for 5 minutes in most cases. So you can imagine how many times he can do this in a day. Also there are sites that show you how to 'throw'your IP address and that is simply done. For example say I live in Dublin, Eire, I can go through a few moves and my post will show as coming in from Los Angeles, California, USA. It's trying to work out which posts are his, although most have the same pattern to them.

The answer may well be to ban guests but that has never been the DL's way of doing things, some guest posters add valuable comments, although that may be reviewed in light of the current situation. I will try and watch out for guest posts that may be our 'friend' and would please ask members not to reply to him, it just encourages him. I will delete them when I am around, at the moment I am fighting a very nasty cold so I seem to be seeing more of my bed than I do of the internet, but will do what I can and hope to be back to normal next week. I apologise in advance to any genuine guest posters for comments I delete, there may well be some casualties, but you can always register, we don't bite.............unless it's a Full Moon :(

P.S. The Spammers always bloody register, this time 3 years ago we had a full on spate of them, all advertising sex enhancing drugs and paraphernalia, myself and a couple of other mods were on here nearly 24/7 keeping them at bay. We were getting about 30 new members every couple of hours for about 3 weeks, just as well I was unemployed at the time.

Guest Guest

Medical pioneer Dick Koch has become a stiff at 89

Marilyn Nash

The actress who appeared as Charlie Chaplin's leading lady in the flop "Monsieur Verdoux" has died aged 84 or 85.

Britain's Kindest Kid: tributes pour in after the death of Harry Moseley

Harry Moseley

Couldn't find this anywhere else

Britain's Kindest Kid: tributes pour in after the death of Harry Moseley

Harry Moseley

Couldn't find this anywhere else

He would most likely be in the Fringes of Fame section if he was mentioned anywhere

Guest Guest

Sorry, that should say Rob Buckman

Bloody hell. I was on telly with him once, a long long time ago.

Godot man, what a tease, tell us more...

Godot man, what a tease, tell us more...

Seek and ye shall find.

Classic, so only Godot remains from the classic threesome of Pike, Buckman and Godot.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-...0,7316029.story

Norman Corwin; writer, director, producer, and teacher has died aged 101.

A Unique hit for Kentucky Fried Genocide should an obit swing UK-Side.

...and here it is!

Respect!!

Now that's what I call dead pooling! If only my unique picks were as obliging. Lianne Smith's continued hold on life astounds me.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-...0,7316029.story

Norman Corwin; writer, director, producer, and teacher has died aged 101.

A Unique hit for Kentucky Fried Genocide should an obit swing UK-Side.

...and here it is!

Respect!!

Now that's what I call dead pooling! If only my unique picks were as obliging. Lianne Smith's continued hold on life astounds me.

I do hope you're being facetious!

With regard to KFG's performance, nope. Respect where it's due. A unique pick on the DDP despite the tonnage of talent assembled in that competition is a genuine result. I wouldn't have made that pick, or thought a qualifying UK obit likely. Dunno how many other seasoned dead poolers spotted the pick or considered it for their teams.

With regard to KFG's performance, nope. Respect where it's due. A unique pick on the DDP despite the tonnage of talent assembled in that competition is a genuine result. I wouldn't have made that pick, or thought a qualifying UK obit likely. Dunno how many other seasoned dead poolers spotted the pick or considered it for their teams.

I see your reasoning, and credit to KFG for the spot, but a team of nonagenarians & centenarians is a bit too much low-hanging fruit in my humble opinion.

Guest Guest

I see your reasoning, and credit to KFG for the spot, but a team of nonagenarians & centenarians is a bit too much low-hanging fruit in my humble opinion.

are you having a laugh? more than half the names on the list are over 90 and only 2 of them have dropped dead this year!