The Four Horsemen

Cricket Thread. Only Mad Dogs And Englishmen

Good to see that mouthy irritating cunt Michael Vaughan ensnared by Yorkshiregate. Always giving it out in print and on radio, let’s see how he can take it.

God's Own County, but no Blacks or Asians please. Boycott, Parky, Trueman, Bird, Illingworth and all the other professional Yorkshiremen - go fuck yourselves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Good to see that mouthy irritating cunt Michael Vaughan ensnared by Yorkshiregate. Always giving it out in print and on radio, let’s see how he can take it.

God's Own County, but no Blacks or Asians please. Boycott, Parky, Trueman, Bird, Illingworth and all the other professional Yorkshiremen - go fuck yourselves. 

Trueman died 15 years ago in 2006 but the others you mention are still alive in varying degrees of health. Illingworth is the last surviving  panellist from the very first edition of Question of Sport which probably deserves its own thread unless there already is one.

• Like 1

Scooped by YW, but here's a local newspaper report regarding Cecilia Robinson's death

• Like 1

Another day, another dead Aussie cricketer, this time its 58 year old Keith Bradshaw, who played for Tasmania, but was more notably chief executive of the MCC (from 2006 to 2011), the first non-Briton in the post. He was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2008 and returned to Australia in 2011, becoming chief executive of the South Australia Cricket Association.

• Sad 1

Australian cricketer Michelle Goszko in ICU after stroke, but life not in danger apparently.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Australian cricketer Michelle Goszko in ICU after stroke, but life not in danger apparently.

perfectly normal for a youngish athlete

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

perfectly normal for a youngish athlete

Yes, sherlock, it's the vaccine. Glad your overdeveloped mind understood this gigantic conspiration while we were being inoculated pedosatanic poison. Gladly you'll soon have the occasion to found a new race of anti-vaxx superhumans!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Yes, sherlock, it's the vaccine. Glad your overdeveloped mind understood this gigantic conspiration while we were being inoculated pedosatanic poison. Gladly you'll soon have the occasion to found a new race of anti-vaxx superhumans!

Yes, these trump shots clearly perfected tech that could never make it past animal testing prior to last year and there will absolutely be no issues with them at all, especially from such trustworthy corporations

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Yes, these trump shots clearly perfected tech that could never make it past animal testing prior to last year and there will absolutely be no issues with them at all, especially from such trustworthy corporations

I'm really confident in your virology PhD. You studied so much at Life University.

This thread is for cricketers, not for idiocies. I suggest both of us stop it here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drol said:

I suggest both of us stop it here.

Agreed

Fraudster Singh will be smiling with glee. The limelight is back on him.

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Fraudster Singh will be smiling with glee. The limelight is back on him.

Marita Camacho Quiros is still left from 1911. No way she outlives the fraudster, but give it a try.

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

RIP

BBC

BBC Sport just gave her a breaking news push notification. 

Made the radio 2 news summary at 2pm

20 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Made the radio 2 news summary at 2pm

And I bet it made Radio 4 as well. 

I can see her being covered on Last word in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Watcher said:

So passes the last cricketer to have overlapped with WG Grace (d 1915).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelma_McKenzie (assuming she is still alive)

On 17/12/2020 at 08:47, Deathrace said:

Ian Chappell is well enough to be commentating with Jim Maxwell on the Australia v India Test. Evidence here https://mobile.twitter.com/abcsport/status/1339433532922318848

Chappell looks a lot like Bruce Forsyth in his later years to me. However, I think he looks and sounds ok for a man of his age and no obvious deterioration following his cancer fight. Presumably if he was still ill he'd be shielding? 

Ian Chappell is part of TMS coverage of the Ashes.  Has commented for a few shifts on the first day of the first test already.  Voice doesn’t quite sound the same as I remember when watching channel nine commentary in the nineties, but seems okay and clearly well enough to commit to commentating duties for the summer.

Also, no Michael Vaughan, can’t imagine why … but my ears are greatful.