Windsor

The Dead Of 2013

World-famous auto trader Cal Worthington has finally kicked the bucket after featuring in excess of 10,000 of his lame television commercials....

http://www.presstele...-dead-at-age-92

Surprisingly he nabbed a UK Obit despite being a regional car salesman to Sacramento,Anchorage Alaska,Phoenix and Southern California http://uk.reuters.co...ndChannel=10174

Brian Sollitt, the inventor of the After Eight mint, Matchmakers, Yorkies and Lion Bars, has died.

According to this article he had "molten chocolate in his veins", which is probably what killed him.

Dentists all over the world must be mourning tonight and thanking him for his service.

God, I used to eat a lot of Lion bars when I was a little[r] shit, although they weren't necessarily my favourite. I used to love Dime bars even more, I wonder who invented them....

Guest Guest

Always assumed that Pauline Quirke would be the first of the Birds of a Feather cast to die. RIP.

Really sad to hear that news.Pauline Quirke R.I.P

Always assumed that Pauline Quirke would be the first of the Birds of a Feather cast to die. RIP.

Really sad to hear that news.Pauline Quirke R.I.P

Oh for fox sake! Are you real or breaking your brain in for a fucking idiot?

• Like 3

The actor Bill Wallis has died at 76.He was best known for playing the part of Dr Neil McKenzie in Dangerfield http://www.theguardi.../17/bill-wallis

Never mind that shit, he was the voice of Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz in 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'...

• Like 2

He was also in two Blackadder episodes. He played "Ploppy the Jailor" in "Head" in Series II (1986), and a very German-sounding hospital patient in the "General Hospital" episode in Blackadder Goes Forth (1989).

Three actually. He was a murderous knight in 'The Black Adder' episode 'The Archbishop'.

And he was Penny Warrender's boss "Nobby" Styles in 'Just Good Friends'...

Three actually. He was a murderous knight in 'The Black Adder' episode 'The Archbishop'.

Oh okay. I didn't know that because I'd rather actually live through the plague than watch 30 seconds of Blackadder series 1.

It's not too bad in places. The Archbishop is probably the best episode of that series along with the last one...

He was also in two Blackadder episodes - wasa very German-sounding hospital patient in the "General Hospital" episode in Blackadder Goes Forth (1989).

It says a lot about Blackadder that I can instantly by that mention of his role, know who he is. RiP.

It's not too bad in places. The Archbishop is probably the best episode of that series along with the last one...

Sorry, not going anywhere near it. And I've sat through lots of things that are flawed or misconceived just to try and find the good parts of them that other people might have overlooked, so it says a lot about Blackadder 1 that even I can't stand it.

It says a lot about Blackadder that I can instantly by that mention of his role, know who he is. RiP.

Really? I thought the Ploppy character was a lot funnier after watching all the episodes about 10 times by now. Although obviously the "NEIN" gag from the hospital episode is good and made me laugh for about 2 minutes when I first saw it. However, it's probably just my bias against the last series of Blackadder talking, because I feel it's pretty overrated and some of the lines are actually a bit lame (it's pretty much accepted as "the most popular" or "best" series). And also, as I've got a little more history-savvy I certainly don't think making light of something as depressing and awful on the scale of WW1 when it's not even 100 years old yet is nearly as funny as I used to think when I was a kid. And no the "sad ending music" they did in the last episode to acknowledge the awfulness doesn't win me over.

Actually I might be a massive hypocrite there because I've made laughed at plenty of Holocaust jokes before. But obviously that probably wouldn't have happened if WW1 had never happened so there you go, I've excused myself in a very roundabout way.

BTW, note to the powers that be - can we get a Blackadder thread made from these posts please? Firstly cos there's a lot of off-topic stuff here but also a lot of the actors who were in that are getting old (some already dead obviously). In a couple of years Blackadder II (the one with Queen Elizabeth for anyone who hasn't thought about Blackadder in a while) will be 30 years old (!).

A good example is Tim McInnerny, anyone else seen him in the last few years? He's starting to look old and corpulent enough that he might start dropping anecdotes about what John Gielgud and Alec Guinness were like backstage...

...and one wonders why there have been so many Jewish comedians...

Game over for former Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi aged 85.

• Like 1

The actor Bill Wallis has died at 76.He was best known for playing the part of Dr Neil McKenzie in Dangerfield http://www.theguardi.../17/bill-wallis

Never mind that shit, he was the voice of Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz in 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'...

Very sad. I saw him at the RSC play Sir Toby Belch in Twelfth Night opposite Freddie Jones as Malvolio.