Windsor

The Dead Of 2013

I heard the other day that Tom Christian, O.B.E, decendent of Fletcher Christian and Pitcairn Island's radio communications officer for forty years, has died aged 72. He may not be famous in the conventional sense, but I think there is a very good chance he will receive a UK obituary, as he played such a crucial role in the survival of the tiny, troubled and isolated island community, which is all that is left of Britain's former Pacific Empire.

There isn't much online so far, save for this tribute by Maurice Bligh, decendent of Fletcher Christian's archnemesis, Captain William Bligh

I heard the other day that Tom Christian, O.B.E, decendent of Fletcher Christian and Pitcairn Island's radio communications officer for forty years, has died aged 72. He may not be famous in the conventional sense, but I think there is a very good chance he will receive a UK obituary, as he played such a crucial role in the survival of the tiny, troubled and isolated island community, which is all that is left of Britain's former Pacific Empire.

There isn't much online so far, save for this tribute by Maurice Bligh, decendent of Fletcher Christian's archnemesis, Captain William Bligh

Given the allegations about - ahem - the close relationships on the island there's also some possibility of news coverage. Trivia fact of the day: beligerent mutinous leader and the bloke who set his colony up in rural isolation basically inviting the rest of the world to fuck off...Fletcher Christian, was a Cumbrian.

Trivia fact of the day: beligerent mutinous leader and the bloke who set his colony up in rural isolation basically inviting the rest of the world to fuck off...Fletcher Christian, was a Cumbrian.

I knew that! But only because I'm currently reading this . Quite a good yarn so far ...

Given the allegations about - ahem - the close relationships on the island there's also some possibility of news coverage. Trivia fact of the day: beligerent mutinous leader and the bloke who set his colony up in rural isolation basically inviting the rest of the world to fuck off...Fletcher Christian, was a Cumbrian.

I thought they were of Manx ancestry?

Re Fletcher Christian; Manx ancestors but CUMBRIAN!!

Wiki sez:

Christian was born on 25 September 1764, at his family home of Moorland Close, Eaglesfield, near Cockermouth in Cumberland. Fletcher was the younger brother to Edward being the only two sons of Charles Christian of Moreland Close and of Ewanrigg Hall in Dearham, Cumberland, an attorney-at-law descended from Manx gentry, and his wife Ann Dixon.

Actress Briony McRoberts

The actress wife of Downton Abbey star David Robb has been killed by a Tube train in London.

Briony McRoberts' body was found on the tracks after police were called to Fulham Broadway station, near her home.

Her death is not being treated as suspicious. She was 56.

She appeared in EastEnders, The Bill, Heartbeat, The Professionals and Taggart but was best known as sexy superbitch Sam Hagen in Scottish soap Take the High Road.

Guest Guest

The actor who originally played the part of Just William ,David Spenser has died at 79 http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-23398206 .He also played the part of Thonmi in the Dr Who story Ice Warriors

Guest Guest

The actor who originally played the part of Just William ,David Spenser has died at 79 http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-23398206 .He also played the part of Thonmi in the Dr Who story Ice Warriors

That should say the Dr Who story Abominable Snowmen, not Ice Warriors.I always get those 2 mixed up for some reason

Dennis Farina, TV actor in Law and Order.

You mean the guy out of the De Niro movie "Midnight Run" (1988) who was always threatening to stab people "through the heart with a fuckin' pencil", and similar stuff like that? Damn...

midnight_run_1988_serrano_yells_at_tony.jpg?v=4

"Is this moron number one? Put moron number two on the phone."

midnight_run_1988_serrano_yells_at_tony.jpg?v=4

"Is this moron number one? Put moron number two on the phone."

Terrific actor, was formerly a detective with the Chicago PD. Shame

What?!?

I first saw him in, IIRC, the series "Crime Story" back in the late 80s.

Yeah, top actor.

Guest ---

Is it bad that i only knew him from Guy Ritchies Snatch

I only knew him from Get Shorty which is probably worse.

Guest ---

I only knew him from Get Shorty which is probably worse.

After James Gandolfini... He is the second actor from that movie to die within a months time...

Should Tavolta be worried?

Hahahahaa!

• Like 1

Hahahahaa!

Had no idea he was a hermaphrodite!