Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

2013 DDP Dumping Ground And Salvage Lot

Clive James because I saw his cancer was in remission. And he seems to be a fighter. Whitlam and Finney wound up in sub spots.

I hummed and hawwed over Mick McManus (that doc and them finding his match almost guarantees him an obit if he wasn't already sure of one) but in the end I went against him: he's old, and no one knows exactly what his illness is.

Lee, Coase, Worsthorne, Garner, Noriega, Wilson, Philips and Rainer were dropped from the 2012 team, so most of them will probably wind up dying now.

I dropped Big Ron Atkinson & our local MP, 'Tricky' Richard Shepherd.

Big Ron has been doing a lot of media recently, & seems as spritely as ever. Tricky has been knighted in the New Years honours list, & although does look like death warmed up in the flesh, he'll be soldiering on for many years yet.

I stuck Jaruzelski, Stanley Baxter and Dick Van Dyke on the reserves bench, so they may be promoted onto one of my teams for 2014. Unless something happens to them in the meantime.

I had been pondering Mick McManus and Richard Davies (Welsh actor off of Please Sir and Bottle Boys) but completely forgot about them when compiling the final lists. Again, maybe next time...

I stuck Jaruzelski, Stanley Baxter and Dick Van Dyke on the reserves bench, so they may be promoted onto one of my teams for 2014. Unless something happens to them in the meantime.

I had been pondering Mick McManus and Richard Davies (Welsh actor off of Please Sir and Bottle Boys) but completely forgot about them when compiling the final lists. Again, maybe next time...

I'd been pondering over Richard Davies too but like you, when it came down to submitting a team I forgot about him. I did the same last year with banjo Barney, who duly died in April.

I dropped Havelange, Gunter Grass, Kony, Muhammad Ali and Masao Yoshida.

I can't believe I didn't pick Chavez as my joker.

This is my long list of people I chose against picking this year, for all sorts of different reasons

1907 Run Run Shaw

1907 Rita Levi-Montalcini

1909 Carla Laemmle

1910 Luise Rainer

1910 Errie Ball

1910 Lupita Tovar

1911 Vo Nguyen Giap

1912 Ace Parker

1914 Irwin Corey

1915 David Rockefeller

1916 Joao Havelange

1916 Gough Whitlam

1916 Mary Wilson

1917 June Foray

1917 Joan Fontaine

1917 Rochus Misch

1918 Yasuhiro Nakasone

1918 Don Pardo

1918 Patty Andrews

1919 Shirley Mitchell

1919 Sheila Mercier

1919 Pete Seeger

1919 Walter Scheel

1919 Lawrence Ferlinghetti

1919 Doris Lessing

1920 Richard Adams

1920 Clarissa Eden

1920 Henry Heimlich

1920 Maureen O'Hara

1920 Ray Harryhausen

1920 John Paul Stevens

1920 Benjamin Ferencz

1921 Al Jaffee

1921 Carol Channing

1921 Theodore Van Kirk

1921 Elizabeth Kelly

1922 Dennis Norden

1922 Lou Duva

1922 Betty White

1922 Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist-Schmenzin

1922 Maurice Faure

1923 Murray Walker

1923 John Stephenson

1923 Chuck Yeager

1923 Dora Bryan

1923 Madeleine LeBeau

1924 Janet Waldo

1924 Shaw Taylor

1924 Lesley Phillips

1924 Robert Mugabe

1924 Vivean Gray

1926 Jean Alexander

1926 Ray Price

1926 Leonard Fenton

1927 Sidney Poitier

1927 June Brown

1927 Gabriel García Márquez

1928 Jean Kennedy Smith

1928 Li Peng

1928 Mark Eden

1929 Jimmy Cobb

1929 Jeremy Thorpe

1929 Thelma Barlow

1930 Helmut Kohl

1930 Tippi Hedren

1931 Viktor Korchnoi

1931 Kenneth Cope

1932 Clint Hill

1933 Tinto Brass

1934 Hamida al-Attas

1934 Manuel Noriega

1935 Abdul Fakir

1935 Bob Uecker

1935 Mahmoud Abbas

1937 Morgan Freeman

1937 Jean-Pierre Beltoise

1938 Farouk al-Sharaa

1938 Ian Smith

1939 Liz Dawn

1939 Rudolph Isley

1939 John Bardon

1939 Brenda Vaccaro

1941 Ronald Isley

1941 Ryan O'Neal

1941 Peter Cullen

1942 Penny Marshall

1943 Henry Cecil

1944 Bonnie Franklin

1946 Gwyneth Powell

1946 Barry Gibb

1946 Chris Woodhead

1946 Frank Welker

1947 Felix Dennis

1952 Ernie Isley

1952 Tommy Ramone

1955 Mike Porcaro

1960 Bernie Nolan

1961 Leif Garrett

1982 Ryan Buell

Tommy Ramone is doing fairly well and still tours with his band Uncle Monk

Stanley Baxter looked very well on the programme about him last night. Wise to leave him off I think.

Stanley Baxter looked very well on the programme about him last night. Wise to leave him off I think.

I don't think he's the "man in his 80s" going doolally in the Priory...

I was gonna put Charo & Bob Dole on my list, but switched them out for Louis Anderson & John Pinette.

How could you be sure Handy?

He has spent the bulk of his career dressing up as other people.

Are you sure he wasnt made up to look like somebody who was old but well? :)

• Like 2

Took him as captain in one 'pool, and after listening to a r4 prog this morning the whole of the Fukushima 50 workers might be worth a thread of their own.

Not just after the high radiation doses suffered, but they are almost shunned by society now, which combined with overwhelming guilt and the Japanese fondness for suicide, could lead to rich pickings in the future.

With the sense of loyalty/association with their Companies, they have guilt over the incident, and landlords etc are turning them down for houses etc because of the association.

I just switched out Madonna & 50 Cent, for Yoko Ono & Mike MacDonald {a Canadian comedian}.

I have got Yoko in my team too!

I am not convinced that will bear fruit. :(

I switched out Michael J. Fox for Roger Ebert.

Last year I picked Asil Nadir on the assumption that he'd returned to face the music as he was on the way out. Clearly this wasn't the case, so he was unceremoniously dropped in favour of Bernard Haitink;

Tony Book was dropped because he seems too well, in favour of the 2nd Countess Mountbatten of Burma, Patricia Knatchbull.

Last minute agones for me with regard to Evelyn Ward (David Cassidy's mum), knew she was nailed-on and posted as much last year but unsure about anything obit worthy. Good call as it turned out because she died on 23 December and it took us a while to realise.

Also worrying to the last about Shane MacGowan and Hans Christian Rausing, both of whom I do believe are self-destructive to the point of being public suicides but not, neccessarily, nailed-on for 2013. MacGowan and Christine Ray were down to near-enough a coin toss for me, and she won. She looks certain death for 2013 but the obit chances are marginal.

Legendary english actor Earl Cameron was a last minute drop for me. Turns 96 this August but i have a hunch he will be around for a couple more years.

I replaced Karla Homolka for James Earl Jones.

I don't think he's the "man in his 80s" going doolally in the Priory...

I never even considered that. I notice he lives in Berkshire.

Chip Hawkes, The Tremeloes' lead singer after Brian Poole and, more importantly, father of Chesney, has had to pull out of those SOUNDS OF THE 60S tours that fill up provincial theatres nationwide, as he's been battling a form of blood cancer. He seems optimistic, though.

http://www.chiphawkes.org/news - cancer free.

And, whilst researching some other candidates for updates also cancer free are Ben Richards, Ron Hynes and Scott Thompson.

I will explode if Zhuang Zedong dies... Now that he's off my team and a unique for DDT. I dropped him because I read that his treatment was going very well.

I will explode if Zhuang Zedong dies... Now that he's off my team and a unique for DDT. I dropped him because I read that his treatment was going very well.

Please, there really is no need to combust on my account. Try to remain calm at all times. :)

I read that ZZ wasn't doing too well last September, so I thought I'd give him a run out in my team. I'm a bit worried about his obit chances though.

I decided against Ryan Buell and Ethan Zohn (although I did keep Zohn onboard as an alt) because of age and obit chances (the latter being more true for Buell). I decided against Castro because I didn't feel that his chances of dying this year were all that high. I feel like I should have gotten Patty Andrews though- I feel like I should have switched out somebody like Ali or Mary Tyler Moore for her. I also somewhat regret not making Chavez my joker, as I do feel like he's going to croak this year.

Please, there really is no need to combust on my account. Try to remain calm at all times. :)

I read that ZZ wasn't doing too well last September, so I thought I'd give him a run out in my team. I'm a bit worried about his obit chances though.

...I guess we read different articles... I still think he would pull the obit.

and ps. SchindlerHaughton... last time I checked Ethan seems to be doing fine. Unless he's just lying. Which I dont really think he'd do though.

Health failing apparently http://japandailypress.com/former-fukushima-nuclear-plant-chiefs-testimony-siezed-by-criminal-prosecutors-0422651