Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Be my guest

Guest Tdf

I am quite sure the administrator here can prove that my post and 'Guest Guest's' subsequent post were made from different computers. Like your manhood, it is not hard dear.

My Mother's name was Claire, not Mabel, and I am neither 15 nor ginger (so sorry, I can't be your jailbait sweety). The fat bit, possibly, as I need to get down the gym.

I might not be familiar with Forum Decorum, but I am familiar with manners. I suggest you swot up on the latter - it might save you being bitch-slapped by a bouncer one day.

We get a lot of guest posters on here, and a lot of them are semi-literate fuckwits frankly. If you were to register you wouldn't be tarred with the same brush :)

• Like 2

Guest Tdf

I would have logged in to throw my insults but it's been that long since I've posted I can't remember my password :(

I would have logged in to throw my insults but it's been that long since I've posted I can't remember my password :(

Do you want a password re-set?

Guest Guest

Do you want a password re-set?

Yes please - I am To Die For

Guest Tdf

Yes I am

Yes I am

I'm certain we're friends. PM me (on facebook) to confirm and i'll send you a new password.

Guest Guest
Dear guest/Simon, It is not big or clever to post and then reply to yourself as a guest. I suspect you have some sort of multiple personality disorder, one of which is a 15 year old, fat ginger kid whose only friend is a blow up doll called Mabel (named after your mother). If you can't or don't know how to post on topic, please don't try, it will only disturb your other egos. Here is a death ( not particularly famous, but dead none the less)... http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-20881472

I take great offence at your post.If you must know my dolls called Kim, after Kim Kardashian

Yes I am

I'm certain we're friends. PM me (on facebook) to confirm and i'll send you a new password.

Actually, skip that. Give me the 1st, 4th and 9th letters of your e-mail address. I'll e-mail you the details when you do.

Guest Guest

Jao

I think x

Guest Guest

Billboard has reported that hit Country Singer 'Patti Page' has died at 85. Famous for Tennessee Waltz.

So how does this forum work?

Does a "guest" such as me, post the information, then they have their post removed and "a name" (such as dean1991) come along and re-post the exact same information that "THE GUEST" posted?

Sounds a strange system to me ! !

Billboard has reported that hit Country Singer 'Patti Page' has died at 85. Famous for Tennessee Waltz.

So how does this forum work?

Does a "guest" such as me, post the information, then they have their post removed and "a name" (such as dean1991) come along and re-post the exact same information that "THE GUEST" posted?

Sounds a strange system to me ! !

You weren't the first to announce it. It was posted in the dead pop stars thread 2 hours before yours and 3 hours before Dean1991's.

I don't see the point in having the same death posted in 3,4 or even seperate 5 threads!

Deans was obviously missed. Why don't you join guest? It's not rocket science.

• Like 1

I think we should start again...

Or delete all the guest posts/posts concerning guest posts.

And ban all the guests while we're at it.

Edited by Magere Hein
Whines split to new topic.

I'd happily get rid of guests, it doesn't take long at all to sign up anyway

<---------------------- Recent proof of this fact.

I found the Deathlist while researching my 'deadpool' for another site, liked the tone (and if i'm honest, the fact that discussion is largely carried out with a high standard of spelling and grammar) and took a few minutes to sign up.

Its no effort to do so and making it compulsory would deter trolls. I get the feeling that this is not, unlike others i frequent, a site that welcomes trolls so perhaps its for the best.

<---------------------- Recent proof of this fact.

I found the Deathlist while researching my 'deadpool' for another site, liked the tone (and if i'm honest, the fact that discussion is largely carried out with a high standard of spelling and grammar) and took a few minutes to sign up.

Its no effort to do so and making it compulsory would deter trolls. I get the feeling that this is not, unlike others i frequent, a site that welcomes trolls so perhaps its for the best.

Fuck, thats me found out then.

Leave the guests to be guests. If you dont like their posts? Dont respond!

I dont see the problem TBH, enough shite is posted by existing members ( in particular... me :D ) to fill a small town sewage treatment works.

Hey, im sure ive posted this before, perhaps im having a case of DJ view?

Let them stay, gives me someone else to pick on and feel superior to apart from LFN :D

• Like 2

I'd happily get rid of guests, it doesn't take long at all to sign up anyway

The only drawback would be that I'd be unable to post from home until I sort out the mess that's screwing up my browsers.

For some reason I can log on via FireFox, but can't post and can't log on via I.E. but can post as a guest. I forget what's screwed up with Mozilla.

And to make matters worse, DL is the only site that seems to be affected by this issue.

I am fine with guest posts. There aren't so many annoying ones as to reach my intolerance level, and the occasional "Mitch Winehouse" is a highlight.

Personally I would welcome more chances to post as a guest, but most sites insist on registration which I can rarely be arsed with. Many is the time I pass through some site as a one-off visitor, and am tempted to make some incisive comment which I am confident would add value to said site. ;)

• Like 1

Let them stay, gives me someone else to pick on and feel superior to apart from LFN :D

............and I thought you was a friend! You git!!!!

• Like 1

I've no problem with guests posting, but what I do think needs to better is moving or deleting of posts - The Dead of 2013 thread, for example - a third are in the wrong thread, some of them are moaning about guests, some of them were HCW and TDF liasing and about 4 or 5 of the posts in The Dead of 2013 are actually about the dead of 2013. That said, It's not an easy task doing the admin and very thankless and I gave it up because I didn't want to be seen as anti-guest by deleting nonsense posts, amongst other time constraints.

Having said about deletion and moving, I do think if everything was in order and perfect, the atmosphere, already less than before (not gone, by any means, just not quite what it was), would be very sterile. So sometimes when iain/notaguest posts, it briefly does my head in, but the stupidity of what he posts does liven it up a little bit.

• Like 4

With regards to the guest posts , Some of them come here to insult which is hilarious but others may end up joining and becoming a member.

I wonder how many members where guest posters before they signed up?

On a side note alot of new members have joined in the last couple of months it seems and everytime i log on I keep thinking their has been a big death because of the amount of members and guests online , is it always like that around the start of the year?

We've had these arguments before and I don't think things will change. My main problem with guests posting is that you can't put guests on ignore as you can with tiresome members.

I don't have a problem with guest posts as long as they aren't utter shite (Iain/Dave etc) or guests posting about a death that has already been posted a few hours before usually in a different thread, but quite often posted in the same thread just below the original post.

As for my conversation with Tdf, I'm not able to PM guests, so the conversation had to be done on that thread. I had every intention of deleting all the comments after she had 'rejoined'. Sorry if it got a bit tedious.

All friends again?

No, you can't ban guests, after all don't most of the members occasionally post as a guest just for a laugh?

Oh

Just me then...