Book

Club 27

Just to make the teens of the 1990s feel suddenly very old, Kurt Cobain would have been turning 50 today had he lived.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadGuy said:

Not like the lazy fuck was going to tally up the points anyway.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

1 minute ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Just to make the teens of the 1990s feel suddenly very old, Kurt Cobain would have been turning 50 today had he lived.

And we wouldn't have got Foo Fighters. All things happen for a reason.

• Like 1

The Club might soon get a new member with Romanian singer Denisa Răducu, who is said to be dying of terminal lung cancer. She is alleged to have been sent home to die from a Viennese hospital where doctors found that they can do nothing to extend her life. http://m.libertatea.ro/section/2/vedete-de-la-noi/cantareata-denisa-manelista-e-rau-1818847 (link in Romanian)

Virtually unknown outside her home country, her chances of qualifying for an obit seem minimal, just like her chances for a cure.

maxresdefault.jpg

im worried that i may join myself.. its my 27th in about 2 weeks time!

i will elaborate if anyone wants me to

1 hour ago, MDavidSteel said:

im worried that i may join myself.. its my 27th in about 2 weeks time!

i will elaborate if anyone wants me to

So you are turning 27 in just two weeks? Congrats! Are you a (somewhat famous) singer or at least musician as well? If not, you could be "safe" – of course you might still die this year, just not as a member.

On 2017. 04. 28. at 21:23, GossipGabe said:

The Club might soon get a new member with Romanian singer Denisa Răducu, who is said to be dying of terminal lung cancer.

Btw. these earlier rumours were denied by the singer and sources close to her: it seems that she is suffering from liver (and not lung) cancer. Nevertheless, her prognosis still seems rather dismal, since her doctors declared that they are not considering her eligible for liver transplantation, implying that her cancer had already spread beyond the liver. (Links in Romanian)

i play a guitar and a keyboard (though I need to get six batteries to use it again) im not that well known but anyone who was at my high school same time i was will recall if asked about me been a singer

ive had quite a few moments since my birthday where ive had to be careful i actually worry (more than normal) about crossing these busy roads

2 hours ago, MDavidSteel said:

i play a guitar and a keyboard (though I need to get six batteries to use it again) im not that well known but anyone who was at my high school same time i was will recall if asked about me been a singer

ive had quite a few moments since my birthday where ive had to be careful i actually worry (more than normal) about crossing these busy roads

Unless you've had several number ones, you're probably ok. 

On 2017. 07. 09. at 15:58, Deathray said:

Unless you've had several number ones, you're probably ok. 

I beg to differ: if you scroll through Wikipedia's 'fairly inclusive' Club 27 list, you can see that most musicians dying at 27 are hardly famous enough for a Wikipedia article, let alone having any number ones.

The same applies to Romanian manele singer Denisa Răducu, formerly called the last virgin of showbiz (ultima virgină din showbiz), who died today at the age of 27 but failed to get any English language obits. Denisa died of liver cancer caused by Hepatitis B (that her mum blamed on "cosmetic treatments"; see below), exacerbated by an ovarian cyst.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.194db217dd2108dc1142d0e02d59a61a.jpg

Nevertheless, according to a certain medical doctor quoted by the Romanian press, the fact that she lost her virginity quite late (at the age of 25) could have contributed to hormonal imbalandes causing her ovarian cyst and thus her early demise. According to dr Pop, ladies should definitely start sexual activities before the age of 22 to avoid her fate. Never mind Hepatitis B being an STD.

• Like 1

What about males should they get laid before a certain time.

On 2017. 07. 23. at 20:24, The Mad Hatter said:

What about males should they get laid before a certain time.

Well, if you are an aspiring young musician "occasionally" snorting a bit of coke, you better do it before you turn 27… just in case ;)

In all seriousness though, according to a recent scientific study, regular sexual activity has some "proven" health benefits:

We found that men reporting higher compared to lower ejaculatory frequency in adulthood were less likely to be subsequently diagnosed with prostate cancer.

But before you'd go to the nearest brothel to consult with the ladies of the night purely for the health benefits, you should be aware that these are almost always dwarfed by the health risks posed by STDs (associated with unprotected sex with strangers).

Which musicians are turning 27 in 2018? Maybe someone clever here can make a Poll about this? :)

The Korean boyband member (SHINee?) was 27.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Which musicians are turning 27 in 2018? Maybe someone clever here can make a Poll about this? :)

Yippee. Ed Sheeran is 27 next year thank fuck. Christ my day has just got so much happier with hope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some more or less known singers/musicians, who will turn 27 next year (but not really comparable to the likes of Janis, Jim or Jimi!):

12.01. Pixie Lott

17.02. Ed Sheeran

30.03. AronChupa (DJ or whatever)

02.04. Quavo (Rapper)

04.04. Jamie Lynn Spears

23.05. Lena Meyer-Landrut (ESC-Winner 2010)

31.05. Azealia Banks

07.06. Fetty Wap (Rapper)

16.06. Joe McElderry (X-Factor)

07.07. Alesso (DJ)

16.08. Young Thug (Rapper)

11.09. Kygo (DJ)

10.10. Gabriella Cilmi

16.10. John & Edward Grimes (Jedward)

02.12. Charlie Puth

24.12. Louis Tomlinson (OneDirection)

• Like 1

Well there's a list to make me feel completely out of touch! Other than Sheeran, Jedward and the One Direction guy, the only other one I've even heard of is someone people keep trying to add to the Crowdsourced Deathlist every year.

First I thought: 'Damn, I'm too old for today's music!', than I looked at the list again and thought: 'Thank God!'

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Well there's a list to make me feel completely out of touch! Other than Sheeran, Jedward and the One Direction guy, the only other one I've even heard of is someone people keep trying to add to the Crowdsourced Deathlist every year.

Jamie Lynne Spears iis Brittney Spears wee sister and Pixie Lott. I know I have heard some of her songs but cant name them.  After that I dont have a clue who these people are either

2 minutes ago, Book said:

First I thought: 'Damn, I'm too old for today's music!', than I looked at the list again and thought: 'Thank God!'

Few weeks ago we were in a cafe and something that sounded like a cat drowning was playing on the radio. I was told after that was apparently Ed Sheeran. First time hearing him, forgotten him already.

2 minutes ago, Wee Jum said:

Jamie Lynne Spears iis Brittney Spears wee sister

I didn't even know she had a wee sister!

8 minutes ago, Wee Jum said:

Jamie Lynne Spears iis Brittney Spears wee sister and Pixie Lott. I know I have heard some of her songs but cant name them.  After that I dont have a clue who these people are either

Jamie Lynne spears is the most likely to die on that list IMO.

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Few weeks ago we were in a cafe and something that sounded like a cat drowning was playing on the radio. I was told after that was apparently Ed Sheeran. First time hearing him, forgotten him already.

From this list above, Ed Sheeran seems to be ok to me. He is middle of the road, plays an instrument by himself and is able to write his own songs. I really accept him as an musician and artist.

What I really can't stand are those f**king rappers! This "music" is really crap to me!

But I confess that I'm still a little in love with Lena :wub: Our little German treasure, haha!!

5 hours ago, Book said:

Some more or less known singers/musicians, who will turn 27 next year (but not really comparable to the likes of Janis, Jim or Jimi!):

12.01. Pixie Lott

17.02. Ed Sheeran

30.03. AronChupa (DJ or whatever)

02.04. Quavo (Rapper)

04.04. Jamie Lynn Spears

23.05. Lena Meyer-Landrut (ESC-Winner 2010)

31.05. Azealia Banks

07.06. Fetty Wap (Rapper)

16.06. Joe McElderry (X-Factor)

07.07. Alesso (DJ)

16.08. Young Thug (Rapper)

11.09. Kygo (DJ)

10.10. Gabriella Cilmi

16.10. John & Edward Grimes (Jedward)

02.12. Charlie Puth

24.12. Louis Tomlinson (OneDirection)

I would definitely keep an eye out for Azealia Banks. That girl is going to get herself killed by somebody the way she uses her mouth.

2 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I would definitely keep an eye out for Azealia Banks. That girl is going to get herself killed by somebody the way she uses her mouth.

You mean by singing very bad music? ;)

6 minutes ago, Book said:

You mean by singing very bad music? ;)

Eh. I actually enjoy her music, she's a better rapper than most female rappers. I was referring to how she constantly creates drama with people like Russell Crowe and Remy Ma.

7 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Yippee. Ed Sheeran is 27 next year thank fuck. Christ my day has just got so much happier with hope.

Don't give him a chance to become an "idol".

• Like 1