Spade_Cooley

Billy Connolly

I'm just watching it now - it's quite sad, actually.

Guest Guest

I was shocked by his appearance.walking very slowly, almost unable to move his arms or hands, talking very slowly and staring into space. very rapid decline. sadly it looks like he wil not last too much longer

I was shocked by his appearance.walking very slowly, almost unable to move his arms or hands, talking very slowly and staring into space. very rapid decline. sadly it looks like he wil not last too much longer

Fuck me - a guest post I actually agree with!

• Like 2

Saw him at Hammersmith on Tuesday night. Sad to see him being taken over by the Parkinsons, but still funny as hell. Cant be easy standing on the same spot for 2 hours when he used to be so active.

There is a certain black comedic delight that Billy Connolly is dying from Parkinson's disease, when it was Parkinson's TV talk show that made his name and brought him to a wider audience.

The universe does appear to have a sense of humour.

• Like 1

I actually feel for his wife and the people that love him.

Watching somebody you love dying is beyond horrific.

• Like 1

I actually feel for his wife and the people that love him.

Watching somebody you love dying is beyond horrific.

We're all dying, just some of us are heading for the exit more quickly than others.

I don't love Billy Connolly, so all I feel is indifference.

He's dying in the same most folk on here are dying, by moving closer to the eventual day each twenty-four hours. Beyond the cancer coming back, and the admittedly terminal case of being Glaswegian, I don't see him being that close to the grave yet.

• Like 2

October-December depression suicide. Good thing I got him on the Shadow list.

Hmm, presumtious IMHO - it's the ones that don't talk who end up under trains.

• Like 1

Aye, because it's not so much bottled up or something. He's married to a psychologist too. Unfortunately, its Pamela Stephenson, but they seem to get on!

Aye, because it's not so much bottled up or something. He's married to a psychologist too. Unfortunately, its Pamela Stephenson, but they seem to get on!

She's a psychotherapist, which also has the added irony of breaking down into psycho-the-rapist; but there's a difference between them and psychologists.

Stephenson uses psychology and an understanding of cognitive behaviour to change lives for the better; sounds easy but it's usually hard, lengthy and fucking expensive. From the point of our interest that means she's more likely to be able to help him.

Mind, given my positive and totally wrong outlook on Prince a few days back Connolly's probs already cooling in his own bathroom with a belly full of pills!

One moment of loneliness is enough to do it. Robin was alone with his belt. If we follow the January pattern, Connolly could be "the actor" who dies 4 days after "the musician". But if he's got Parkinson's, she can drill his brain and she still won't be able to help.

She's a psychotherapist, which also has the added irony of breaking down into psycho-the-rapist; but there's a difference between them and psychologists.

Stephenson uses psychology and an understanding of cognitive behaviour to change lives for the better; sounds easy but it's usually hard, lengthy and fucking expensive. From the point of our interest that means she's more likely to be able to help him.

Mind, given my positive and totally wrong outlook on Prince a few days back Connolly's probs already cooling in his own bathroom with a belly full of pills!

Ah, I was going off a cursory look at Google. I know CBT well myself.

Anyhow, I maintain my earlier view that the Big Yin has too much of a zest for stuff in general to be going gently into that dark night. (Who else goes "Oh I can't use my left arm anymore, I better go learn to play the fucking harmonica?" The mental bastard) Short of a cancer relapse, he'll be around for years yet.

Guest James dalton

As an admirer of someone who was abused as a child in a rat pit like Glasgow yet manages to both be hilarious in a really British way and a damn good actor when given a good script I hope he does get granted a few more years. He was always on my dream list of dinner party guests and still is. This new generation of pathetic untalented new "comics" given status way beyond their abilities will be forgotten in a few years. It is those who live on in our memories whether they are alive or not who are truly immortal. What a bloody miserable site this is.....

As an admirer of someone who was abused as a child in a rat pit like Glasgow yet manages to both be hilarious in a really British way and a damn good actor when given a good script I hope he does get granted a few more years. He was always on my dream list of dinner party guests and still is. This new generation of pathetic untalented new "comics" given status way beyond their abilities will be forgotten in a few years. It is those who live on in our memories whether they are alive or not who are truly immortal. What a bloody miserable site this is.....

Thank you James. Nothing to see here, move along.

Apparently he was here in Minneapolis doing some filming for a new series. I had no idea until my dad sent me a text about it.

So if he's well enough to be traveling and filming, he's probably got a couple more years left in him.

Anybody wondering if dead hostage Ken Bigleys family is now saying '....Arent you the same as us? Don't you wish he would get on with it?'

• Like 1

Apparently he was here in Minneapolis doing some filming for a new series. I had no idea until my dad sent me a text about it.

So if he's well enough to be traveling and filming, he's probably got a couple more years left in him.

Hell yeah

Hell yeah

Parkinson's is a slow progressing disease. He could end up like Robin but he said that he has dark thoughts. Cancer is not ruled out, of course. It'll be fun to watch where he's going.

Hell yeah

That show is recommended for folk who like watching Billy rambling around the place telling stories and eating food.

Billy Connolly does bit for Comic Relief looking... ok actually, imo, for a near 75 year old man with Parkinsons.

The wife points out he says he "has cancer" when he was publicly in remission, though. Could be a figure of speech, though.