Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2015

Those Gazza pictures are shocking. He seems to be morphing into Alex Higgins, and we all know how that ended.

• Shocked 1

I feel really sorry for the guy personally and do I hope he can recover but the fact his alcoholism and mental health issues are so severe leads me to believe that this is a George best situation all over again.I think he is a must have for next years list along with Freddie Starr,Caroline Aherne,Daisy Berkowitz,Ali Carter,Shane Macgowan ,Helen Fawkes Leonard Nimoy and Antony Booth.I think there are some people on this years list such as Stan Lee , P.D James , Vera Lynn,Wilko Johnson Shaw Taylor,Dick Van Dyke and Ed Asner could be replaced with some of these .

This is how I think the 2015 list should look like: (Notwithstanding any further deaths:There is 26 from this year but surely at least one will go in that time!)

1)Sam Simon

2)Zsa Zsa Gabor

3)Billy Graham

4)Joao Havelange

5)Joost Van Der Westhuizen

6)Hosni Mubarak

7)Luise Rainer

8)Peter Sallis

9)Leonard Nimoy

10)Stephen Hawking

11)Caroline Aherne

12)Antony Booth

13)Gough Whitlam

14)Liz Dawn

15)Chris Woodhead

16)Helmut Schmidt

17)Herman Wouk

18)Sir Nicholas Winton

19)Liz Smith

20)Nancy Reagan

21)Denis Healey

22)Clive James

23)Paul Gascoigne

24)Peter O`Sullevan

25)Cliff Michelmore

26)Denis Norden

27)Jerry Lewis

28)Kirk Douglas

29)Daisy Berkowitz

30)Freddie Starr

31)Shane MacGowan

32)Ali Carter

33)Ian Paisely

34)Helen Fawkes

35)John Bardon

36)Leslie Philips

37)Jean Alexander

38)Prince Philip

39)Glen Campbell

40)Richard Adams

41)Harper Lee

42)Olivia De Haviland

43)George H.W Bush

44)Patrick Macnee

45)Terry Pratchett

46)Muhammad Ali

47)Jake LaMotta

48)Al Molinaro

49)Valerie Harper

50)Ian Brady

Reserves:

1)Peter Carrington

2)Roger Bannister

3)Javier De Perez Cuellar

4)Warren Mitchell

5)Clare Hollingworth

6)Bhumibol Aduladej

7)Jimmy Hill

Re the list above, Ali Carter seems to be buying himself more than another year, other than that, some tied on topplers I'd say.

• Like 1

I feel really sorry for the guy personally and do I hope he can recover but the fact his alcoholism and mental health issues are so severe leads me to believe that this is a George best situation all over again.I think he is a must have for next years list along with Freddie Starr,Caroline Aherne,Daisy Berkowitz,Ali Carter,Shane Macgowan ,Helen Fawkes Leonard Nimoy and Antony Booth.I think there are some people on this years list such as Stan Lee , P.D James , Vera Lynn,Wilko Johnson Shaw Taylor,Dick Van Dyke who could be replaced with some of these .

I didn't realize Antony Booth was still alive.

I feel really sorry for the guy personally and do I hope he can recover but the fact his alcoholism and mental health issues are so severe leads me to believe that this is a George best situation all over again.I think he is a must have for next years list along with Freddie Starr,Caroline Aherne,Daisy Berkowitz,Ali Carter,Shane Macgowan ,Helen Fawkes Leonard Nimoy and Antony Booth.I think there are some people on this years list such as Stan Lee , P.D James , Vera Lynn,Wilko Johnson Shaw Taylor,Dick Van Dyke who could be replaced with some of these .

He is, and has Alzheimers.

He is, and has Alzheimers.

I did a search on him saw that he has alzeimers and had also recently suffered a stroke. I just assumed that he had died a while back.

For lovers of a dead pool long shot, The Guardian has thoughtfully provided a form-studyers guide of British jihadists. Those who love a really long shot you could choose to ignore the information suggesting some of these are already dead:

http://www.theguardi...dis-fight-syria

For lovers of a dead pool long shot, The Guardian has thoughtfully provided a form-studyers guide of British jihadists. Those who love a really long shot you could choose to ignore the information suggesting some of these are already dead:

Must be nice for some of Guardian's most loyal and regular commenters to sort of "move up the page" and get featured in an article for once.

• Like 1

Must be nice for some of Guardian's most loyal and regular commenters to sort of "move up the page" and get featured in an article for once.

I just like the last profile pic, I reckon she'll get nicked pretty quickly with all those distinguishing features on display there.

Those Gazza pictures are shocking. He seems to be morphing into Alex Higgins, and we all know how that ended.

yep snookered behind the black by benson hedges and then lambert butler .

I think the cinematographer Douglas Slocombe(b 10th February 1913) is one we should definitely have on the 2015 list.He is a triple Academy award Nominee and won BAFTA`s for The Servant ,The Great Gatsby and Julia.He was also the cinematographer for the Italian Job,and the Indiana Jones films so is definitely guaranteed Obituaries from every major news site when he does go.The picture below I think shows he is a very frail man even for his age.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72823000/jpg/_72823007_slocombe-2011.jpg

Guest Guest

I think the cinematographer Douglas Slocombe(b 10th February 1913) is one we should definitely have on the 2015 list.He is a triple Academy award Nominee and won BAFTA`s for The Servant ,The Great Gatsby and Julia.He was also the cinematographer for the Italian Job,and the Indiana Jones films so is definitely guaranteed Obituaries from every major news site when he does go.The picture below I think shows he is a very frail man even for his age.

http://news.bbcimg.c...ocombe-2011.jpg

Looks like Michael Foot has risen from the grave !

Actually looks to me like he's standing up in that pic .if he's still able to walk about at 101 he could last a few years yet !

The picture was taken in 2011 but Christopher Lee , Stan Lee,Clive James, Ian Brady,Valerie Harper,Wilko Johnson,Ed Asner,Sam Simon,Terry Pratchett,P.D James ,Kirk Douglas and many others on this list can still walk and Pete Seeger and Chapman Pincher where still mobile before their deaths and didn`t look half as bad as this guy so I think he is still one of ours.

everyone has seen the pictures of Gazza(well everyone in the UK), but there is another ex-footballer out there who is going on our RIP list asap and that is Kenny Sansom.

He apparently sleeps on any park bench he can find most of the time and has resorted to making appearances at pubs, regaling the clientele with stories of his past and is rewarded with drinks.

Seems a good shot for next year

everyone has seen the pictures of Gazza(well everyone in the UK), but there is another ex-footballer out there who is going on our RIP list asap and that is Kenny Sansom.

He apparently sleeps on any park bench he can find most of the time and has resorted to making appearances at pubs, regaling the clientele with stories of his past and is rewarded with drinks.

Seems a good shot for next year

Indeed, the Sun ran a Sansom story along with their recent Gazza coverage. Sansom's lifestyle is - if anything - more likely to kill him.

I think it would be finally worth his while if he just came out of the closet. No one can harm him now in this enlightened age...

What about former cricket star Imran Khan?

I mentioned him on the political frailty thread. Someone tried to assassinate him a couple of weeks ago.

What about former cricket star Imran Khan?

I mentioned him on the political frailty thread. Someone tried to assassinate him a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, we're long overdue an assassination in Pakistani politics, hopefully the assassins can hold on until the new year, Benazir Bhutto's demise in the final days of December was a pisser all round for dead poolers.

• Like 1

I think it would be finally worth his while if he just came out of the closet. No one can harm him now in this enlightened age...

Kenny?

He was a very pretty boy......

Assuming he's keeping the same company in January he currently enjoys, Steve Sotloff probably has fairly high odds of scoring in various 2015 dead pools.

foleyMain_3012746c.jpg

It's fairly obvious from the interviews already broadcast that some nations - France, Italy... - cough up ransomes. the UK and USA don't, Sotloff is the "other" American held with Jim Foley.

Dead. Apparently a "British hostage" is next up in the barbers' chair, good news for those who want a patriotic DDP pick in 2015.

Assuming he's keeping the same company in January he currently enjoys, Steve Sotloff probably has fairly high odds of scoring in various 2015 dead pools.

foleyMain_3012746c.jpg

It's fairly obvious from the interviews already broadcast that some nations - France, Italy... - cough up ransomes. the UK and USA don't, Sotloff is the "other" American held with Jim Foley.

Dead. Apparently a "British hostage" is next up in the barbers' chair, good news for those who want a patriotic DDP pick in 2015.

Not good news at all at the current rate of consumption. I mean, couldn't we (s'cuse the pun) kill two birds with one stone here and simply send the aspiring Dignitas cases out there for a fitting for an orange jump suit, or summat?

Guest Mole

William Horwood, author, suffering pancreatic cancer...

One for Mary's "British spunk series", I guess, but Bill Speakman, I note from chatter elsewhere, is in poor health. As a VC recipient, guaranteed an obit.